City Club - Peterborough - Saturday 6th October

Guest Dr Pickles

Guest Dr Pickles

Just wanted to let people know about this.

In the main room the brief is to play current big spins, classic northern, 70's dancers.

Interesting thing for me is the Rare Soul and R&B room, hopefully somewhere to hear DJ's stretching themselves and digging deep into their boxes. I've been waiting for a while to find a club that has a seperate 60's / R&B room where you can have a dance to something a bit different. If all goes too rare or chins start to be stroked there's all ways the main room playing some of what you know.

22802_797093i.jpg

CITY CLUB

CITY CENTRE

PRIESTGATE

PETERBOROUGH

PE1 1JL

SATURDAY 6TH OCTOBER - 8PM-2AM

2 ROOMS 6 HOURS OF SOUL

60S,70S AND CLASSIC SOUNDS WITH

MARCUS - BOSTON

DR PICKLES - SOUNDS OF SOUL

MARTIN STAMFORD - PETERBOUGH

STANLEY MELVILLE - SOUTH WALES

CARL FORTNUMS RARE SOUL AND R&B PARLOUR WITH

CARL FORTNUM (THE BOSS)

ANTON (KENT)

BACKDOOR KENNY (100 CLUB) PLAYING WHAT COUNTS

KEEPING IT UNDERGROUND

£5 members £6 non members for detail and free member phone dave 07908633852

other information www.dedicatedsoulclub.com

Edited by Dr Pickles
  • Replies 28
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

2 ROOMS 6 HOURS OF SOUL

MARCUS - BOSTON

KEV SUCH - CREAM CRACKER

CARL FORTNUM (THE BOSS)

revised BACKDOOR KENNY (100 CLUB) PLAYING WHAT COUNTS rolleyes.gif

ANTON (KENT)

PLUS DR PICKLES RIPPIN' IT UP,

KEEPING IT UNDERGROUND

Edited by soulie64

"could be a bostin evening" as we say in these part.. :wicked: anyone at a loose end Sat night, give this gig the once over, full of tradition etc.

Me I'm occupied the night before with the DKOF soul night at the Dog in A Doublet Peterborough so I can't make it mate, good luck and all that bollocks, like.

2 ROOMS 6 HOURS OF SOUL

MARCUS - BOSTON

KEV SUCH - CREAM CRACKER

CARL FORTNUM (THE BOSS)

revised BACKDOOR KENNY (100 CLUB) PLAYING WHAT COUNTS rolleyes.gif

ANTON (KENT)

KEEPING IT UNDERGROUND

2 ROOMS 6 HOURS OF SOUL

MARCUS - BOSTON

KEV SUCH - CREAM CRACKER

CARL FORTNUM (THE BOSS)

revised BACKDOOR KENNY (100 CLUB) PLAYING WHAT COUNTS :thumbup:

ANTON (KENT)

KEEPING IT UNDERGROUND

What a chuffin`line up,cant wait :wub:

Guest Marcus1960

Can't wait for this one, seems so long since there has been a "City Club". Should be a great night, about time it was on Saturdays!!! Good feedback about the night :thumbsup:

Who's coming???

Can't wait for this one, seems so long since there has been a "City Club". Should be a great night, about time it was on Saturdays!!! Good feedback about the night :D

Who's coming???

Me.bump!!

Guest dedicatedsoul

Just wanted to let people know about this.

In the main room the brief is to play current big spins, classic northern, 70's dancers.

Interesting thing for me is the Rare Soul and R&B room, hopefully somewhere to hear DJ's stretching themselves and digging deep into their boxes. I've been waiting for a while to find a club that has a seperate 60's / R&B room where you can have a dance to something a bit different. If all goes too rare or chins start to be stroked there's all ways the main room playing some of what you know.

22802_797093i.jpg

CITY CLUB

CITY CENTRE

PRIESTGATE

PETERBOROUGH

PE1 1JL

SATURDAY 6TH OCTOBER - 8PM-2AM

2 ROOMS 6 HOURS OF SOUL

MARCUS - BOSTON

KEV SUCH - CREAM CRACKER

CARL FORTNUM (THE BOSS)

ANTON (KENT)

BACKDOOR KENNY (100 CLUB) PLAYING WHAT COUNTS

KEEPING IT UNDERGROUND

£5 members £6 non members for detail and free member phone dave 07908633852

other information www.dedicatedsoulclub.com

Hi Chris, thanks for posting my event, should be a good one, will be nice to see you and Lorraine

Guest Dr Pickles

Hi Chris, thanks for posting my event, should be a good one, will be nice to see you and Lorraine

No problem Dave.

Really looking forward to it.

Got some different stuff to play in the 60's room :lol:

See you early for a drink before it all kicks off.

Cheers

Doc

Guest dedicatedsoul

No problem Dave.

Really looking forward to it.

Got some different stuff to play in the 60's room thumbsup.gif

See you early for a drink before it all kicks off.

Cheers

Doc

Nice one, see you there for a drink befor it kicks off then Chris, what's all this about carrots?

About time it was on Saturdays!!!

Who's coming???

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dont you just hate - working off your face on Sat morning after the night before -

Saturday nights get the tumbs up - I'll be there and O yea - off my face - Looking forward to the BOSS Carl spinning 60t's rare !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAY TO GO wink.gif

About time it was on Saturdays!!!

Who's coming???

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dont you just hate - working off your face on Sat morning after the night before -

Saturday nights get the tumbs up - I'll be there and O yea - off my face - Looking forward to the BOSS Carl spinning 60t's rare !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAY TO GO wink.gif

Babyface,top fella`never seen him spinning tho` biggrin.gif

Edited by ken

:thumbsup: Toying with the idea of coming up to the City Club again for another great night.

Really wanted to meet up with my old mate Kev Such but I've just seen the Pemberton flyer and apparently he's DJing there tonight.

Is the Pemberton flyer a missprint?

"STOLEN HOURS" 1st Anniversary, MARGATE 24th NOVEMBER.

2 Rooms + Accomodation + Free unissued Vinyl (first 100 tickets)

:thumbsup: Toying with the idea of coming up to the City Club again for another great night.

Really wanted to meet up with my old mate Kev Such but I've just seen the Pemberton flyer and apparently he's DJing there tonight.

Is the Pemberton flyer a missprint?

"STOLEN HOURS" 1st Anniversary, MARGATE 24th NOVEMBER.

2 Rooms + Accomodation + Free unissued Vinyl (first 100 tickets)

HA!!

Now I know.

KEV SUCH IS NOT AT THE CITY CLUB TONIGHT - AS THEY WELL KNOW.

ANYTHING TO GET A FEW MORE THROUGH THE DOORS EH FELLAHS?

USED TO WONDER WHAT ALL THE POLITICS WAS ABOUT IN PETERBORO' - TOOK ME A WHILE TO CATCH ON!

Guest kev such

Well, Kev Have you any thing to say on this ??!!!

All this politics thing looks great but Eastenders is on on sunday, thats enough for me. Just out to have as much fun as I can!!! rolleyes.gif !!!

Unfortuanely i'm NOT on at the City Club tonight, i am doing a spot at the Pemberton in Northants. Dave DID ask me to do a spot for him, and provisionally i said YES, but then had to backtrack as i was already down at the Pemberton. But the flyers had already gone to print. In all honesty though i dont think me not being there would make an iota of a differnce to the punters through the door and doubt wether anyone will be going because i'm playing.

Guest dedicatedsoul

HA!!

Now I know.

KEV SUCH IS NOT AT THE CITY CLUB TONIGHT - AS THEY WELL KNOW.

ANYTHING TO GET A FEW MORE THROUGH THE DOORS EH FELLAHS?

USED TO WONDER WHAT ALL THE POLITICS WAS ABOUT IN PETERBORO' - TOOK ME A WHILE TO CATCH ON!

If Kev Such is such a good friend why did you not ring him to find out!! instead of going on here saying now i know, when you did not know, trying to cause bad feeling and trying to get other people to join in, there are alot of good soulful people out there that dont like this sort of talk on this site, kev was booked and leaflets done, mistakes do get made as kev has said, but going on here just to cause bad feeling is not a soulful thing to do, and i have spoke to you befor kevinKent, and would not have thought this was like you.

Also there is no problems or politics in Peterborough any more they have all been sorted.

KEEP THE FAITH

Dave

If Kev Such is such a good friend why did you not ring him to find out!! instead of going on here saying now i know, when you did not know, trying to cause bad feeling and trying to get other people to join in, there are alot of good soulful people out there that dont like this sort of talk on this site, kev was booked and leaflets done, mistakes do get made as kev has said, but going on here just to cause bad feeling is not a soulful thing to do, and i have spoke to you befor kevinKent, and would not have thought this was like you.

Also there is no problems or politics in Peterborough any more they have all been sorted.

KEEP THE FAITH

Dave

Hope you had a good night Dave, and I'm sure you will have had with the rest of your line up.

If the politics in Peterboro' is all sorted that's good news indeed - i wasn't aware.

I wanted a night out and I also wanted to meet up with Kev Such, so despite it being a bit of a trek, nearly set off for the City Club.

I'm not trying to cause bad feeling and get others to join in. Having discovered that Kev wasn't going to be with you I prompted you to confirm this. As you didn't, and with time running out, I felt my only option was to post the facts for the benefit of others.

I will say that perhaps I was a bit OTT but the situation here left me wondering if the same thing occurred with the Dean Parrish no show. I would like to think that (after spending £60 on a hotel and doing a 10 hour round trip to do a freebie slot) the DP no-show was genuinely not known of in advance. Hearing that the same thing was happening with one of your billed local DJ's left me wondering though - hence my abrasive posting.

Yes, mistakes are made - but they can be rectified in a timely fashion.

Of course, I would have PM'd you with this reply had you not accused me of being unsoulful and of trying to stir up trouble.

End of..as far as I'm concerned.

Kevin Kent.

Hi Guy's

Any feed back from last night? would normally have been there, but it clashed with another local do!!! shout.gif

a cracking venue indeed, & first offering from Dave & Keith, together with the change to a staurday night.

cheers,

john mc.

I think they must all still be there john, hope they've not got locked in :unsure: can someone go & have a look through the letter box please :D

Guest Dr Pickles

I think they must all still be there john, hope they've not got locked in :unsure: can someone go & have a look through the letter box please :D

Hi Pottsy

Don't panic I got out ok :D .

I had a great night. Not many through the door which is a shame as this really is a great venue.

Nice size dance floor upstairs with vaulted, beamed ceiling and a large bar.

Downstairs was a big chill out area with leather sofas leading to another bar area and conservatory with a dancefloor, which is where the R&B - Rare was played.

All the DJ's had people up and dancing in both rooms from what I could see and those that were there seemed to be having a great time.

I left at 1.45am and people were still on the dance floor which is what it's all about.

Thanks to Dave for asking me to play.

Anton / Kenny many thanks for the banter and a listen to some great tracks.

ATB

Doc

Edited by Dr Pickles