Histories

Billy Thornleys Northern oriented after school Disco, Maleadeys Court (St. Helen's '78), Wigan, Maximes, Ritz, Rotherham, Samantha's, Buzzard, Leicester Oddfellows, Hinckley Lesiure Centre (Badminton Lines :sweatingbullets: ), Colwyn bay, 100 Club (Ions Old Ball ??? warm -ups), Stafford, Fyfe, Morecambe, Milton Keynes, Blackburn, Bradford and a myriad of working mens clubs all-dayers.

The missus has just said I'm missing the Yorkshire nights - me 'eds gone?? :rolleyes:

Anyone else fill in both my memory and the obvious mid 80s gaps?

Edited by Hottwaxx
Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Billy Thornleys Northern oriented after school Disco, Maleadeys Court (St. Helen's '78), Wigan, Maximes, Ritz, Rotherham, Samantha's, Buzzard, Leicester Oddfellows, Hinckley Lesiure Centre (Badminton Lines  :sweatingbullets: ), Colwyn bay, 100 Club (Ions Old Ball ??? warm -ups), Stafford, Fyfe, Morecambe, Milton Keynes, Blackburn, Bradford and a myriad of working mens clubs all-dayers.

The missus has just said I'm missing the Yorkshire nights - me 'eds gone?? :rolleyes:  

Anyone else fill in both my memory and the obvious mid 80s gaps?

link

chapel

Leed's central, white church, cleethorpes, yates, reading alldayers, kettering, st ives, howard mallatt, cats, market harborough, blackpool mecca, riverthemes, northern nights, sheffield kgm or kbm,

Social source share

The one and only night at the Chapel in Rotherham?

Great allnighter... the sweat was running down the walls... or was it just damp?

WOOF!

link

I was DJing that night. Ray and Snowy taped it all, I've copies somewhere and the flyer. Was a good night especially when the coppers walked in, not the squad just local bobbies :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest Andy BB

Maximes! Brilliant. That's where it all started for me (apart from St Helens Labour, Working Men's and Saints clubs - quality venues :yes: ). Is that Maximes venue still there, have they done any nights? Would love to go back there.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!