Crystals - I Got A Man

pow wow mik

thought i bid way over the top for the Crystals - i got a man (united artists) but still lost it :( . Is it worth $350? Anyway, if it is and someone wants to offload one while it's hot, I'll pay a good price for it, just think - it'll probably be worth $50 in a couple of years, sell! sell! :rolleyes:

cheers

mik

recordmik@btinternet.com

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 17
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

thought i bid way over the top for the Crystals - i got a man (united artists) but still lost it :( . Is it worth $350? Anyway, if it is and someone wants to offload one while it's hot, I'll pay a good price for it, just think - it'll probably be worth $50 in a couple of years, sell! sell! :rolleyes:

cheers

mik

recordmik@btinternet.com

No way it's worth that imo, about £50 max i'd say.

There's a superb version on the Toys 'Attack' LP also, infact the whole album is superb!

Simon

Social source share

Hi Moldie,

sorry mate, got offered one before you posted and taking it but i'll post what i have of it up, you might get an offer, or I might know someone who wants it and get back to you,

Looks like that ebay price was a bit OTT then. Quality r&b though

cheers,

mik

no probs m8

a great tune indeed

matt from trowbridge put me on to it a few yrs back

always goes down well when i play it out

moldie

Social source share

no probs m8

a great tune indeed

matt from trowbridge put me on to it a few yrs back

always goes down well when i play it out

moldie

I remember Matt used to play it at Cagneys, tis indeed a top tune, have you heard the Toys version though Moldie, equally as good imo.

I still think the Crystals is only a 50 quidder though, still if peeps wanna pay more who am i to stop 'em.

Simon :thumbup:

Social source share

I remember Matt used to play it at Cagneys, tis indeed a top tune, have you heard the Toys version though Moldie, equally as good imo.

I still think the Crystals is only a 50 quidder though, still if peeps wanna pay more who am i to stop 'em.

it was at cagneys i heard him play it

we were on the same night..he presented me with a copy the same yr at prestatyn

mp3 of the toys version anyone?

moldie

Social source share

Like any record, it depends how it would sell if priced at £50. If it was listed and went straight away and 10 more people phoned for it, then it's not a 50 quidder any more. I'm not saying that would happen with this, but demand for records can go up within a few months these days.

I dont know much about Northern but R&B like this and records such as Bobby Adams 'what a mess', Freddy Butler 'Pitter Patter', Banny Price on Jewel have gone from £30-40 records that only a few people knew to £150 records within a year, i expect similar things happen on the northern scene?

Sign of healthy interest if you ask me - some you're on early, some you're on late and have to pay for. Lots of great records get stuck around the £20-50 mark untill people start to play them and other people start to know and want them. only when there's a certain amount of demand do you find out how rare a record really is I guess.

Social source share

Guest Johnny Mack

Mik

I think you are absolutely right - this may only book as a 50 pound record, but how often do you see this offered for sale, compared to say Billy Hambric on Drum or Exportations on Vir-ro ?

Most collectors will perhaps know this 45 for the other side "Are you trying to get rid of me baby" which is a traditional old school northern dancer of the highest order, so in reality you're getting two for the price of one.

Supply and demand has a great bearing on price and if you'all had looked hard enough earlier this year you'd have seen a copy of the Crystals featuring La La Brooks listed for 40 quid on this very forum................Now who do you think snagged that one ...................... :unsure:shhh.gif

Like any record, it depends how it would sell if priced at £50. If it was listed and went straight away and 10 more people phoned for it, then it's not a 50 quidder any more. I'm not saying that would happen with this, but demand for records can go up within a few months these days.

I dont know much about Northern but R&B like this and records such as Bobby Adams 'what a mess', Freddy Butler 'Pitter Patter', Banny Price on Jewel have gone from £30-40 records that only a few people knew to £150 records within a year, i expect similar things happen on the northern scene?

Sign of healthy interest if you ask me - some you're on early, some you're on late and have to pay for. Lots of great records get stuck around the £20-50 mark untill people start to play them and other people start to know and want them. only when there's a certain amount of demand do you find out how rare a record really is I guess.

Social source share

"Like any record, it depends how it would sell if priced at £50. If it was listed and went straight away and 10 more people phoned for it, then it's not a 50 quidder any more. I'm not saying that would happen with this, but demand for records can go up within a few months these days.

Sign of healthy interest if you ask me - some you're on early, some you're on late and have to pay for. Lots of great records get stuck around the £20-50 mark untill people start to play them and other people start to know and want them. only when there's a certain amount of demand do you find out how rare a record really is I guess."

Lil Gray on Jerma is an excellent example of this in action....

Social source share