• Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Why does someone buy a boot for this much,they could have had mine for £149.00

:sweatingbullets:

link

If I remember right some people got stung with these lookalike copies when they first got booted, very similar to the original, think the vinyl is tranparant on the boots when held up to the light. £150....... :rolleyes:

John M

Social source share

If I remember right some people got stung with these lookalike copies when they first got booted, very similar to the original, think the vinyl is tranparant on the boots when held up to the light.    £150....... :rolleyes:

John M

link

The vinyl is see through dark brown. The original has a AR in a circle stamped in the run out.

Social source share

Surely anybody with a serious interest in collecting rare soul, would not pay this amount of money for what clearly states is a re-issue, absolutley unbelievable, think i've still got a few boots in a shoe box from 20+ years back, i ought to bang them on Ebay :rolleyes:

Social source share

id sell them

sold a herbut humter for 36 this week , started it at 6 as thats what i got it for in a trade and didnt really want it , just got it to build up value

thing is bloke who sold it me bought the original for £70 same night

if i asked some of the prices i got on ebay at a soul night id get laughted at or maybe hit lol

start them around guide price for boots ie 4 / 6 quid and leave it to them

some rarer boots start at a tenner

it amases me that people will pay loads for records but not a tenner for a boot guide , its wrong letting these people pay this much , i have even thrown in another record if i think someone has paid well over the odds

Social source share

I sold a load of boots and advertised them as such. I couldn't believe people were paying £35 for Exus Trek, £20 for Eula Cooper and £25 for Bernie Williams. But they were all told they were reissues. You could tell from the photos as well.

Funnily enough I sold a load of TMG stuff, early numbers, and got about £3-£4 each. Nothing mega rare but why would people bid £35 for a boot and I end up selling a mint copy of TMG515 for three quid? Madness.

I sold a Darrell Banks Stateside Demo (the green second one) for £60. Far better value than the boots people had.

Let 'em get on with it.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!