Pete S

• 4 years later...
  • Replies 6
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

:hatsoff2: HI ALL Here I go sticking my neck out again, I think you will find that all Studio one output on the PAMA group of labels is slightly different to the recordings that were licensed legit to Island Records, thats how they got round the issue, as we know there are so many versions of virtually all records, this was the big problem that has made many company's releasing the Jamaican music, and since the days of CDs and the end of vinyl manufacturing, the pirates issue that caused all the damage back then, is bigger than ever, this has had a serious impact on the recording industry in Jamaica, as when was the last REGGAE record to become a hit in the UK?? big problem,

R&B also released STUDIO 1 Records as you no on their KING & R&B labels.:yes: DAVE

Social source share

the flames little girl nu beat def studio one !

hatsoff2.gif HI TOADY BOY .. WHAT A RECORD! JUST HAD TO BLOW THW DUST OF MY NU-BEATS , APART FROM EVERYTHING I LIKE ON THE RECORDING , THE #1 FEATURE IS THE BRASS WHICH CRYS OUT TO BE SAMPLE. AND THEN THE BACKING VOCALS, NICE PICK. :lol: HOWYOUDOIN TOADY BOY :no: DAVE THE BLADE, "NO MATTER WHERE IT'S MADE I AM SHARPER THAN A RAZOR BLADE! I TELL YOU! SO LETS TUNE IT UP AND REGGAE! BOSS,

Social source share

:thumbsup: HI TOADY BOY .. WHAT A RECORD! JUST HAD TO BLOW THW DUST OF MY NU-BEATS , APART FROM EVERYTHING I LIKE ON THE RECORDING , THE #1 FEATURE IS THE BRASS WHICH CRYS OUT TO BE SAMPLE. AND THEN THE BACKING VOCALS, NICE PICK. :ohmy: HOWYOUDOIN TOADY BOY :lol: DAVE THE BLADE, "NO MATTER WHERE IT'S MADE I AM SHARPER THAN A RAZOR BLADE! I TELL YOU! SO LETS TUNE IT UP AND REGGAE! BOSS,

Yep, that's exactly another Coxsone's production on a pama sub label that I had in mind. And what a tune indeed!!! But there's more than that on Nu Beat, from Sir Coxsone, if I have some time I'll sort out my records to make a list.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!