pip

Info Needed On 2 Records Please?

Look At Your Box pip on

Posted

Sorry to hassle everyone & no-doubt ill have nowt worth anything in the end,but ive been sorting some of my old records i dont use out and was putting them up for sale (cheap) as most my stuff is boots or cheap etc but started collecting proper :lol:

Anyway have got 2 records im putting for sale with the rest!

not sure on originality and what price there worth roughly so need advice and john manship is away so i cant ask him :lol:

So 1st up is a copy i have of:

Hoagy Lands - A: Friends and Lovers dont go together / B: True Love at last on U.K American Records USA 13 (2012017)

Scan below of the single i have!

HoagylandsScan.jpg

on john manship it has this label & song title but the a & b sides the wrong way well mine is compared to what he has listed etc @ £75 but the one i have below has got the

A: Side as: Freinds and Lovers dont go together

b:side: True love at last

plus it says U.K 13? ??? Mine is on U.K American Records on the top of label but below the A it says Made in England then under that USA 13 ??? the is like embedded/moulded in it if that helps!

John Manship info on this artist click link: Hoagy Lands

Confused . com to whats it worth? is it that one? or another cheaper version? someone help please as i need to know roughly how much to put up for sale :yes:

i know probably not this one but i could hope ;D

2nd up is:

Ben Zine - A:Side-What the hecks the hanky panky / B:side- Village of tears

on Parkway Records P-996

Now ive heard a rumour that Its in John Manships book @ £200!!!!

so this single i have must be a boot,as im never that jammy to have a song worth that much :lol: but someones looked in the bootleg & counterfit book & couldnt find out any info etc,but there book was a bit old wink.gif but i cant get it up on his site to check :(

So can someone please confirm if it is a boot or how to tell or if real how to tell? :P

Scan of my record below!BenZine-WhattheheckstheHankypanky-C.jpg

I Know there prob both worth nowt so no stupid remarks please as i know im thick (missis tells me all the time) :lol: but i just want to check before i put them both up for sale cheap & make sure i dont rip no-one :lol:

Any info would be great :lol:

Share this source music forum post

soul source url
Posted

First one I'd sell for £5 on that label. Probably priced £15 elsewhere.

Second one is a bootleg from around 2000. £6 to £10.

soul source url
Posted

great now i know what to put up @ :lol:

cheers

:lol:

soul source url
Posted

Sure is. Some of my best work with Adobe Photoshop :lol:

soul source url
Posted

Sure is. Some of my best work with Adobe Photoshop :lol:

Pardon your puddin`eh!!!

soul source url
Posted

Pardon your puddin`eh!!!

Was a bootleg I did with Chris King.

I designed the labels he pressed the vinyl.

Same with a couple of others. Similar thing - none existent records like the Ben Zine issue.

Not proud of it, but I won't deny it.

Phil

soul source url
Posted

Same with a couple of others. Similar thing - none existent records like the Ben Zine issue.

Phil

Not proud,why mention it then?and what made ya`do it.

soul source url
Posted

Sure is. Some of my best work with Adobe Photoshop smile.gif

A bootlegger confesses, and grasses up others too :thumbsup:

soul source url
Posted

A bootlegger confesses, and grasses up others too laugh.gif

:thumbsup: SHOCKING laugh.gif

soul source url
Posted

Phil

Bit disapointing to hear that a respected luminary of the scene was involved in the practice. Or am i just being naive ?

soul source url
Posted

Hello Pete,

Have you heard the flip side? "True Love At Last" is a great beat ballad which wasn't issed in the US so they only way to get it is the UK 7". And it isn't as easy to find as you might expect.

I've sold three mint copies and £70.00 was the typical price quite a few years ago.

I think I posted an MP3 of it to soulsource in the past. If you need a copy, let me know.

Paul Mooney

soul source url
Posted

:thumbsup: SHOCKING laugh.gif

Have to say "What the heck's the Hanky Panky" is a great title 4 a record even though it's crap

soul source url
Posted

Not proud,why mention it then?and what made ya`do it.

I mention it because nowadays I'm a different kind of person Ken.

Why did I do it back then? Simple really - money!

Phil

soul source url
Posted

Bit disapointing to hear that a respected luminary of the scene was involved in the practice. Or am i just being naive ?

Respected luminary? Who? What?

soul source url
Posted

A bootlegger confesses, and grasses up others too :lol:

I have done many things in my life that ranged from a bit dodgy to exceptionally illegal.

I have paid financially for some, and at times with my freedom for others, got away with much. I am, however, no longer paying with my immortal soul. In the final analysis that's all that matters to me.

I am, to paraphrase The Rotations, a changed man.

Phil

soul source url
Posted

I mention it because nowadays I'm a different kind of person Ken.

Why did I do it back then? Simple really - money!

Phil

What a great thing religion is then...we can just write off everything we've ever done and say "we're different now" - huh - if only life was that simple!

soul source url
Posted

Respected luminary? Who? What?

Why you of course Phil :lol::lol:

soul source url
Posted

:lol: SHOCKING :D

It is shocking, I agree. Shocking too that I never actually sold a single copy personally. They were all (and this was a fairly limited run of 200 or so) moved on by dealers who are pillars of the scene. :lol:

Bootlegs wouldn't exist without the punters who want them and the dealers who willingly supply them.

soul source url
Posted

What a great thing religion is then...we can just write off everything we've ever done and say "we're different now" - huh - if only life was that simple!

Not at all. You can't write it off, but God can. It can be forgiven. But there has to be a whole change in you the person. In effect you need to be born again. That's where the term comes from.

soul source url
Posted

I have done many things in my life that ranged from a bit dodgy to exceptionally illegal.

I have paid financially for some, and at times with my freedom for others, got away with much. I am, however, no longer paying with my immortal soul. In the final analysis that's all that matters to me.

I am, to paraphrase The Rotations, a changed man.

Phil

I bet you'll be pleased when Ramadan is over, you must be starving.

Paul Mooney

soul source url
Posted (edited)

I bet you'll be pleased when Ramadan is over, you must be starving.

Paul Mooney

Why? can I eat a Muslim then? I don't think i could eat a whole one in one go anyway :lol:

Edited by phild

soul source url
Posted

Not at all. You can't write it off, but God can. It can be forgiven. But there has to be a whole change in you the person. In effect you need to be born again. That's where the term comes from.

:P So you saying God is involved in bootlegging too then ? :D

Sorry Phil :lol: I couldn't help but think of the scene from 'Life Of Brian' where they twist his words when he is pretending to preach :D

Good luck to you mate :lol: takes courage to change your ways whatever the reason.

soul source url
Posted

:P So you saying God is involved in bootlegging too then ? :D

Sorry Phil :lol: I couldn't help but think of the scene from 'Life Of Brian' where they twist his words when he is pretending to preach :D

Good luck to you mate :lol: takes courage to change your ways whatever the reason.

Nice one Bogue. I am positive God isn't against jokes. He created us lot after all :D

Me changing wasn't so much about courage as the opposite really. I just realised that forever is a long, long time. And I decided where I wanted to spend it.

soul source url

Get involved with the Source Forums

Join in with the discussion

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get the most out of Soul Source

Source Adverts