Peter

• Replies 5
  • Views 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Jesus mate the camera definately does not flatter!!! I am on DIET :yes:

Another cracking night at the CIS, still say its better downstairs more personal, good sound system (apart from the microphone :yes: )

Thanks for an excellent night Chris and lee and all the crew over at Manchester a really excellent venue and a superb soulful performance from Melvin & Bryan who both had an excellent time and appreciate the time and trouble you all took in looking after them before ,during and after the show.

Its great to to hear such a wonerfully soulful man sing his own songs, we are hoping to get a list of his songs on to melvin's web site https://www.melvindavis.com (he has written over 600 & is not even sure how many have been published to date !) and we may require some help, i think I am over the 40 mark from my own collection at the moment !!

Both the guys are resting and seeing some sights for a couple of days then its on to PRESTATYN (Sold out), his next venue will be Stoke on Trent in an Audience with Melvin Davis on Wednesday 9 th march Then its OLLERTON MINERS for the all-dayer and farewell gig on Sunday 13th March 3-11pm (Tickets £10 from Rob or Karen 01909 473915 or 07 900 131 119 ) for details on both go to the Events Page or flyer gallery

Thanks again to all those who gave melvin such a tremendous reception last night see you all next week at Prestatyn.

Jesus mate the camera definately does not flatter!!! I am on DIET :yes:

Another cracking night at the CIS, still say its better downstairs more personal, good sound system (apart from the microphone :D )

link

Hi Lee,  thought you'd like them..yes very good night managed to stay until the end. Came out to a light fluttering of snow.

I think downstairs is better, more friendly and personal. All I have to do now is try and go to sleep :yes:

link

I agree downstairs better........ :yes:

Excellent night once again................

John may

Well I was impressed with my first visit to CIS... was a long day, up at 9am, Manchester in the afternoon, the Ducie, on to the nighter, just got home about an hour ago (incidentally anyone know why they allow screaming brats in the 'quiet coach' on trains :angry: )... but well worth it... good mixture of DJs, a comfortable amount of people in (maybe a little quiet being pre-Prestatyn weekend), dancefloor was a little dodgy in places but fine when you got a good patch. Not usually too fussed about live acts but had forgotten that Melvin Davis had been at Prestatyn last year and still has the voice and stage presence :thumbsup: Lovely to see/meet lots of Soul Sourcers as ever... :) Quite surreal coming out into the light fluffy snow at 7am.... :huh: Highlights for me... Carl Willingham's set, especially hearing the Survivors out loud in a big venue, with a full dancefloor, even those who didn't seem to know the tune being swept along with the enthusiasm of those who did.... hearing some lovely midtempo and crossover tunes that I either didn't know or hadn't heard out before... can't remember what or played by who though!

I think I'll stop rambling now.... :sleep3: