• Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

payin £21 for edwyn collins "a girl like you" on ebay  :thumbsup:

listed under northern for the sleeve

Davie

link

they may think they are investing in a bargain as Edwyn Collins is in a bad way at the moment. he had a brain seizure last week. sad news I used to really like Orange Juice in my school days.

Shane

Social source share

The Orange Juice singles sell for a fair bit these days I think, liked some of his early stuff, 'A Girl Like You' I can't hear without thinking of my dad saying that the noise in the backing sounded like someone sawing something.... :thumbsup:

Hadn't seen the sleeve before, was the track supposed to be northern-sounding?

Social source share

The Orange Juice singles sell for a fair bit these days I think, liked some of his early stuff, 'A Girl Like You' I can't hear without thinking of my dad saying that the noise in the backing sounded like someone sawing something....  :thumbsup:

Hadn't seen the sleeve before, was the track supposed to be northern-sounding?

link

The follow up (keeps burning) was a tribute to the Northern Scene if I remember right

Social source share

Guest mattmale

The follow up (keeps burning) was a tribute to the Northern Scene if I remember right

link

Yep, the video has two lads dancing northern on a big nightowl symbol i think. Hope Edwyn gets well, he's one of us.

Matt

Social source share

I thought this singer was a regular attendee at Wigan? Just like Marc Almond.

Got to admit I could not believe anyone could cover a couple of nothern classics and get them high in the pop charts no matter how bad a version it was.

Even Tony Blackburn tried. Also heard a version of Bring him back - Sissy Houston - I think by Dusty Springield on an old 60s TV footage.

Hey this music can be inspiring.

Ed

Social source share

Edwin was a regular at Wigan all the Scottish lads know him , I once pulled in to the car park and Steve Strange was in the next car with his mates all done up in make up --did me bloody head in !!

Also check out Orange Juice 45s you can hear the Northern all over them

Speedy recovery to Edwin as well

Edited by consdad
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!