Feeling good cover PLEASE HELP

I'm looking for a soul cover of the song "Feeling good" (composers: Newley, Bricusse sang by nina simone)...

RZA sampled it on his album "Birth of a prince" 's intro...

PLEASE HELP I sweared i wont sleep until i found it!!!!!

thanks a lot

Social source share

• Replies 20
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

There is a great version by JEAN DUSHON. Not sure if released on 45 but I remember an LP by her called 'Feeling Good' - think it came out on Chess OR Cadet. Not sure about availability or value, keep checking out ebay, sure one will turn up. Hope this helps.

Grant

Social source share

that's not jean dushon's cover i'm looking for

the track i need sounds a bit like James bond 70's themes

unfortunately i haven't much information about the track, i only know it from the song "RZA - Bob n I"

Social source share

Ok - I think it might be Ernestine Anderson - a great jazz vocalist.

I don't have a copy of her version of "Feeling Good" but she's definately covered it and it sounds like her voice.

errrr .... but that said, it also sounds like Carmen McRae, who also covered the song. Not being much help, am I. Sorry.

Social source share

Jean DuShon version is a bit faster, and not the same music... and also her voice sounds more like Tina Turner.

So I don't think it's her.

Keep searching...

Antoine.

Social source share

what a beautiful voice! "Feeling Good," is such an inspirational song for any intro.. I've searched high and low for it, but still can't figure out the singer.. I gotta give it up to the Rza.. he has samples like none other.. he's also crafted one-of-the-most witty and distinct sounds in hip hop, which shines even on those who collaborate alongside him..

But theres many remakes for this piece (Nina Simone, Bobby Darin, Muse, list goes on), so this one's surely hard to find..Nancy Sinatra maybe?? I'll keep posted, thats for sure.. ::bump::

Social source share

grant

jean dushon is available on a 45.bought it for my misses.its only cheap.think i paid about 8 quid for it.

that versions from a musical "the roar of the greasepaint"

its on the cadet label

wayne

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Guest Also.

Re Feeling good cover.

I think I know the version you are talking about, because I am also looking for it and can not find it either.

The version is really upbeat like hip hop.

I think is was by 'a guy called gerald' , but am not sure.

I have only ever heard it twice. One on MTV with a brilliant video.

the other when I was at the gym. It blew my away both times.

Social source share

• 4 months later...
Guest Kolla

from the six feet under commercial

It's Nina Simone.

The original is always the best!! Performed by Nina and written by Leslie Bricusse and Anthony Newley. This version was originally recorded in New York in 1965 (15 Studios NYC) - for her album, "I Put A SPell on You".

Social source share

With all this talk about "Feeling Good," I pulled out Jean DuShon's album. Wow, she does sing the crap out of that song. So sassy, so cutting. A great version.

This cut is still very popular in clubs all over Europe. I see it on many playlists on European radio (on the Net).

post-1-1087077086_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!