Capitol Soul Club Recollections

I'm in the process of building a new website dedicated to the Capitol Soul Club, and am interested in adding more before uploading it.

If you have any fond recollections, original reviews, flyers or pics that you wish to share, then please get in touch either on here or direct to me. I need a lot of the flyers as I haven't got them to hand to scan.

I have kept all the original reviews/pics that appeared on the original CSC site, so looking for the other bitz you may have stashed away.

Much appreciated.

:thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

There's a whole thread about CSC Dave from not long ago, see if we can find a link.

I'll have a dig for it, thanks ta. Great pic of the dancefloor...I have that one already saved from the original club site...any others folks? whistling.gif

The flyers I already have scanned are:

Oct 99

Jan 00

Nov 00

Nov 01

Mar 02

Mar 02 (year's dates)

Jan 03

Mar 03

Jul 03

Nov 03

...all other dates much appreciated + the Lowton, Tonys and Viaduct doos too whistling.gif

'preciate it.

d.

Social source share

I'll have a dig for it, thanks ta. Great pic of the dancefloor...I have that one already saved from the original club site...any others folks? whistling.gif

The flyers I already have scanned are:

Oct 99

Jan 00

Nov 00

Nov 01

Mar 02

Mar 02 (year's dates)

Jan 03

Mar 03

Jul 03

Nov 03

...all other dates much appreciated + the Lowton, Tonys and Viaduct doos too :thumbup:

'preciate it.

d.

whats the time scale for this David ?

think most of reviews,news shouts etc from post march 2001 are still up here

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/front-search?...p;x=16&y=10

chance that some may have got messed up over time an changes to site, format etc but should have original bits ... somewhere

there some photos in the gallery - past out and about bit

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.p...q=sc&cat=82

bit light but sure have full and more sets somewhere

should have all pre 2001 stuff stashed away somewhere along with more photos etc

plus some 'other stuff' that may be able to use

plan was to have a good dig and sort all past stuff both web and other stuff out in very near future but at moment cant see it being done for a couple of weeks

drop us a pm

mike

Social source share

I'll have a dig for it, thanks ta. Great pic of the dancefloor...I have that one already saved from the original club site...any others folks? :thumbsup:

Found it found it found it ...!

There's some more pics in there. X 3 vids. Flyers from Dave Rimmer and some good pics from Mr Thorsten Wegner - including this one;

107yn8.jpg

Here's the thread https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.p...ic=53668&hl= :thumbsup:

Social source share

Thanks Ian...always a surprise when a site search engine actually turns up what you're actually after wink.gif

You know it mate! I found the thread by remembering who'd posted in it and went through his post history. huh.gif

May I also say what a Devilishly handsome bloke that is in the foreground of that pic! :thumbup:

Devilishly! But does he have the moves of this guy? :)

post-2216-1191941220_thumb.jpg

post-2216-1191941220_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• 1 year later...

I have great memories of usetting many promoters in the North West by bringing The Capital Soul club "Up North" for the first time to do a nighter at The Viaduct.

Irish Greg,Dave Flynn, Alan Hanscombe, Carl fortnum & guest Shifty we had a packer and ranks as one of the best nights i ever promoted

Social source share

Yep, fantastic club indeed. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::yes: Top tunes, great dancefloor, great people and it was only 40 min walk from home rolleyes.gif Well, bloody crouch hill can be killer after a good night dancing and drinking but hey!! My spot was the Latin Corner with Paco, Paloma, Piere, Christina...!! As a German :g: the place to learn a bit of cha cha cha!!

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

The best progressive soul night in the country i ever went to. From meeting in the pub downstairs, going up the stairs to be met by the great host Matt Jahans, dodging the holes in the dancefloor, the great banner draped above the stage at the back, the DJs behind the cage, the black walls and cellar club atmosphere, the packed record bar room and the stinky toilets. It was great and i loved every minute. In the photo above i can see the ever present Sue P. she never left the floor. Good times never to be forgotten :g:

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

Guest mickeyb

Dome memories:-

- I had my stag night there - I know, Dublin or Prague was more traditional, but I couldn't be arsed.

- Greg playing that brilliant version of Judy Freeman.

- Flynny playing "This is my proposal".

- Andy dancing to "This is for you my love" - still on YouTube, much to her embarrassment.

- Talking complete boll*cks to Jo at the Cloakroom.

- Those mad guys from the Bedford area who were even older than me.

- Kenny Burrell doing a brilliant spot - totally different from Stoke a few weeks before.

- Matt being Matt.

- In Town Mikey's enthusiasm.

- Sidney Barnes.

- Al Davidson for introducing us to such a brilliant do.

Thanks Guys!

Mickey

Social source share

I can honestly say that when i DJ,d at the Dome that hot summer nite it was one of my all-time best ever memories

on the Northern Scene great music great people and a top nite all round will never forget goin on at midight after several pints

standing in that cage where the decks where and Robbo stood behind me sayin give it to them Ian it was a laugh a minute that hour behind the decks with Robbo coming out with loads of one liners to make me laugh at one stage i was sat on his knee like Chucky

with me putting on the 45,s and Robbo tryin to shout down the mike God you cant buy memories like that..

The Dome in its heyday was amongst the best clubs of all-time with brilliant DJ,s and music..

X Ian Cunliffe

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert