Different Kettle Of Fish - Peterborough

Another great night at DKOF last night, numbers were a bit down on usual but there was a great friendly atmosphere and everyone seemed up for hearing some different tunes and all I spoke with at the end said they'd really enjoyed the night. Mick, Ray and Neal all played some great stuff (hopefully they'll put some playlists up later) and Tony Parker excelled himself with a blinding spot. This is certainly now one of the best nights in the area for rare and underplayed soul............all credit to the DKOF Lads for making it happen.............Can't wait for the next one on December 22nd.

clapping.gifgathering2.gif

Playlist For My Spot 10:30 to 11:30 PM

Matta Baby - Do The Pearl, Girl (Part II) - Penny

Joyce Harris - Baby, Baby, Baby - Fun

Conquistadors - Sadness & Madness - Signett

Honey & The Bees - Dynamite Exploded - Arctic

Joe Matthews - She's My Beauty Queen - Thelma

Informers - Baby, Set Me Free - Black Jack

Homer Banks - Sweetie Pie - Genie

Inspirations - Your Wish Is My Command - Midas

Tokays - Baby, Baby, Baby - Brute

Honey Bees - Let's Get Back Together - Garrison Demo

Barbara Jean & Lyrics - Why Weren't You There - Big Hit

Little Dooley - If Ever I Needed You - Ko Ko Demo

Groovettes - Think It Over Baby - Reness

Joe Jama - My Life - Optimum

Monique - If You Love Me (Show Me) - Maurci

Falcons - Love Look In Her Eyes - Big Wheel

Lewis Clark - I Need Your Lovin' So Bad - Tigertown

Reatha Reese - Only Lies - Dot

Cynthia & Imaginary 3 - That's What I Am (Without You) - Big Hit

Vondells - Hey Girl You've Changed - Airtown Custom

Robert Tanner - Sweet Memories - Megatone

Soul Set - Will You Ever Learn - Bi-Me

Joe Vandiver - You're Everything (They Said You'd Be) - Jade

Soundmasters - Lonely, Lonely - Julet

intheclub.gif

• Replies 21
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Another great night at DKOF last night, numbers were a bit down on usual but there was a great friendly atmosphere and everyone seemed up for hearing some different tunes and all I spoke with at the end said they'd really enjoyed the night. Mick, Ray and Neal all played some great stuff (hopefully they'll put some playlists up later) and Tony Parker excelled himself with a blinding spot. This is certainly now one of the best nights in the area for rare and underplayed soul............all credit to the DKOF Lads for making it happen.............Can't wait for the next one on December 22nd.

clapping.gifgathering2.gif

Playlist For My Spot 10:30 to 11:30 PM

Matta Baby - Do The Pearl, Girl (Part II) - Penny

Joyce Harris - Baby, Baby, Baby - Fun

Conquistadors - Sadness & Madness - Signett

Honey & The Bees - Dynamite Exploded - Arctic

Joe Matthews - She's My Beauty Queen - Thelma

Informers - Baby, Set Me Free - Black Jack

Homer Banks - Sweetie Pie - Genie

Inspirations - Your Wish Is My Command - Midas

Tokays - Baby, Baby, Baby - Brute

Honey Bees - Let's Get Back Together - Garrison Demo

Barbara Jean & Lyrics - Why Weren't You There - Big Hit

Little Dooley - If Ever I Needed You - Ko Ko Demo

Groovettes - Think It Over Baby - Reness

Joe Jama - My Life - Optimum

Monique - If You Love Me (Show Me) - Maurci

Falcons - Love Look In Her Eyes - Big Wheel

Lewis Clark - I Need Your Lovin' So Bad - Tigertown

Reatha Reese - Only Lies - Dot

Cynthia & Imaginary 3 - That's What I Am (Without You) - Big Hit

Vondells - Hey Girl You've Changed - Airtown Custom

Robert Tanner - Sweet Memories - Megatone

Soul Set - Will You Ever Learn - Bi-Me

Joe Vandiver - You're Everything (They Said You'd Be) - Jade

Soundmasters - Lonely, Lonely - Julet

intheclub.gif

Yet again Pete stunning selections there mate, I'm really gonna have to be the top of my game on December 22nd to match that little lot.....lol really looking forward to coming down and should be a perfect way to start Christmas off.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Guest Sue Males

Just wanted to say what a fab night of quality music. Well done Pete & Tony, great sounds. We've not missed one night at DKOF, by far the best music in the area.

Sue thumbsup.gif

Thanks to everyone for supporting us once again last night. Great early session from Neal Bull and two first class spots from Pete Burton (Pete's play list speaks for itself) and my old, old friend Tony Parker. Hopefully Tony and Neal will post their play list later also. Good to see a nice regular crowd turning up at DKOF as well as some new faces like James Trouble - good to see you James. Shame Pottsy wasn't on top form - lost his voice, great sales box by the way! Thanks again to everyone for their support and encouragement to us at DKOF. See you all on Sat 22nd Decmber with Mark Bicknell and Andy Dyson - really looking forward to kicking off the Christmas week with that night. Here is my play list. Thanks, Ray Mahoney

Lou Rawls - Love is a hurtin' thing - Capitol

The Mad lads - Did my baby call - Volt

(ignored group - great version of Steve Mancha track)

Earl Duff - This little girl of mine - Cee Dee

Jimmy Ruffin - You're all I need

Parliaments - Heart trouble - Golden World

Patty & the Emblems - Mixed up shook up girl

(forgotten oldie)

Bill Kaydon - I need her so

Gene Toones - What more do you want - Simco

The Soul Shakers - I'm getting weaker - Loma

The Sinceres - Girl, I love you - (Pzazz)

Marion Stewart - I must be loosing you - R records

William Clay - Go on & be yourself

Clyde McPhatter - Lonely people cant afford to cry - Amy

Jack Montgomery - Don't turn your back on me - Barracuda

Les Chansonettes - Don't let him hurt you - Shrine

Gayle Harris - Ain't gonna let it get me down - DCP

Brooks O'Dell - Standing tall - Columbia

Harry & the Keyavas - If this is goodbye - IPG

The lollipops - Step aside baby - Impact

The Opals - Does it matter - Okeh

Jewel Akens - My first lonely night - Era

Cliff Nobles - My love is getting stronger - J-V

Barbara McNair - It was never like this - Warner Bros

Guest becky c

Well thankyou again boys!

Last night was absolutely fantastic, i am really pleased i went. All of the DJs did a great job. Thanks to Mick for playing Anna King - love it! thumbsup.gif Lovely to hear Monique "If you love me (show me)", one of my absolute favourite records.

Nice to catch up with a few people I've not seen for a while, and all in all another superb night at the Dog in a Doublet.

Good stuff.

Becky

Wanted to publicly thank all those that travelled from a far, without your support and enthusiasm to want something different there would be no dkof.

Lots of regulars missing and it was testament to the camaraderie that now exists at the venue that a number actually sent sincere apologies in prior to the night.

Our nights have and never will be judged by how many people the lads we book get dancing, its all about what comes out of the bins and to that end the quality as always was there, thank you ALL the dj's who played.

Mark Bicknell, Andy Dyson, Me and Noggs at the next one Sat Dec 22nd, come along and enjoy, that's all we ask.

Once again thank you for your support...

really enjoyed the night and great company as usual ,good quality tunes all night , good to see my old pal phil attley making his first visit , thanksto trev polnee and val from northampton for the interesting journey :thumbsup: and all the regulars that make the dkof the best night in the area

dont know how pete burton remembers what he ,s played , good set pete

heres some i played in no order

LOVERS - WITHOUT A DOUBT - FRANTIC

LENNY WILLIAMS - I CANT FIND NOBODY - FANTASY

SOUL SHAKERS - YOUR TURNIN - TERI DE

RE-VELLS - I WANT A NEW LOVE - TRENT TOWN

DISTRICTS - ONE LOVER - NILE

GERRI HALL - WHO CAN I RUN TO - HOT LINE

MARY SAXTON - LOSING CONTROL - PACE

PASSIONS - IF YOU SEE MY BABY - EL VIRITE

THELMA WILSON - DO YOU UNDERSTAND - LOU-NEITA

DEALERS - YOU GOT IT - BIG BUNNY

RUDY LOVE - SUFFERIN WRATH - CANYON

SYMPHONICS - GUILTY - CURTOM

VONTASTICS - NEVER LET YOUR LOVE GROW COLD - ST LAWRENCE

JIMMY CONWELL - TOO MUCH - GEMINI

LITTLE EDDIE TALOR - I HAD A GOOD TIME - PEACOCK

SERVICEMEN - SWEET MAGIC - CHARTMAKER

ADORABLES - OOH BOY - GOLDEN WORLD

PENETRATIONS - CHAMPAGNE SHING A LING - HIGHLAND

TRANNELLS - BLESSED WITH A LOVE - FLO JO

BETTY WILSON - IM YOURS - DAYCO

GEORGE TINLEY - AINT GONNA WORRY - DOO-WOP

CAPITALS - I CANT DENY THAT I LOVE YOU - OMEN

TY KARIM - LIGHTEN UP BABY - CAR-A-MEL

HUNS REVIEW - DONT MAKE ME LOVE YOU - SORRO

looking forward to the next one thumbsup.gif

Edited by Tony Parker

really enjoyed the night and great company as usual ,good quality tunes all night , good to see my old pal phil attley making his first visit , thanksto trev polnee and val from northampton for the interesting journey :thumbsup: and all the regulars that make the dkof the best night in the area

dont know how pete burton remembers what he ,s played , good set pete

heres some i played in no order

LOVERS - WITHOUT A DOUBT - FRANTIC

LENNY WILLIAMS - I CANT FIND NOBODY - FANTASY

SOUL SHAKERS - YOUR TURNIN - TERI DE

RE-VELLS - I WANT A NEW LOVE - TRENT TOWN

DISTRICTS - ONE LOVER - NILE

GERRI HALL - WHO CAN I RUN TO - HOT LINE

MARY SAXTON - LOSING CONTROL - PACE

PASSIONS - IF YOU SEE MY BABY - EL VIRITE

THELMA WILSON - DO YOU UNDERSTAND - LOU-NEITA

DEALERS - YOU GOT IT - BIG BUNNY

RUDY LOVE - SUFFERIN WRATH - CANYON

SYMPHONICS - GUILTY - CURTOM

VONTASTICS - NEVER LET YOUR LOVE GROW COLD - ST LAWRENCE

JIMMY CONWELL - TOO MUCH - GEMINI

LITTLE EDDIE TALOR - I HAD A GOOD TIME - PEACOCK

SERVICEMEN - SWEET MAGIC - CHARTMAKER

ADORABLES - OOH BOY - GOLDEN WORLD

PENETRATIONS - CHAMPAGNE SHING A LING - HIGHLAND

TRANNELLS - BLESSED WITH A LOVE - FLO JO

BETTY WILSON - IM YOURS - DAYCO

GEORGE TINLEY - AINT GONNA WORRY - DOO-WOP

CAPITALS - I CANT DENY THAT I LOVE YOU - OMEN

TY KARIM - LIGHTEN UP BABY - CAR-A-MEL

looking forward to the next one thumbsup.gif

Bugger me I'm really getting scared now....lol best I get some new records me thinks! fantastic playlists chaps....help! see you on December 22nd.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Guest stivessoulie

:thumbsup: Had a great night....was lovely to see Wendy and all our other good friends, thanks to Mick, Paul and Ray....I really support what you guys are bringing to Peterborough, thankyou smile.gif

Enjoyed all the spots and already looking forward to the next one.

Gill x

ps. she is not adopted Tony biggrin.gif she just wishes sometimes :hypo: he he!

Guest James Trouble

I was surprised how few people were there, I thought it deserved a bit more support really, the music was decent throughout the night and very good in places, tidy little venue with a punchy sound system, nice ale at the bar as well. IMO well worth a look in if you're in the area. I'm glad I popped by, it's just a shame not many others did, perhaps too many venues on again?

I'd like to ask though, why was Butch's Jean Carter C/U played off a bootleg by a DJ who was otherwise doing a decent job? I know you had Guy Hennigan down there the other month, and he of course plays boots, but I don't see why Jean Carter needs playing off a boot when it can be easily heard by going to hear Butch's sets live instead of that nasty, underhanded, poor sounding reproductions of it that was played on Friday. It left a sour taste. You're better than that chaps, no need for it really! :unsure:

Guest gordon russell

good night of soul music....PETE did a good spot.....TONY also did a great spot, other than these two lads, it could be a bit more uptempo ....some lovely soul tunes played.but tunes to be heard at home. This is the differance between oop north and darn south. not a negative comment just an observation..on a related side issue whats the matter with P'BORO folk get your arses there this is a good, good venue Am totally against playlists if people want to know whats being played at a venue GO TO THE VENUE. I think some lazy dj's use these lists as away of finding out whats being played without bothering to go to any venues other than their own

Edited by gordon russell

good night of soul music....PETE did a good spot.....TONY also did a great spot, other than these two lads, it could be a bit more uptempo ....some lovely soul tunes played.but tunes to be heard at home. This is the differance between oop north and darn south. not a negative comment just an observation..on a related side issue whats the matter with P'BORO folk get your arses there this is a good, good venue Am totally against playlists if people want to know whats being played at a venue GO TO THE VENUE. I think some lazy dj's use these lists as away of finding out whats being played without bothering to go to any venues other than their own

[/quot

Mr.Darcy............not sure what "tunes to be heard at home" are :unsure: , however, thats the beauty of the D.K.O.F , in as much as playing something that little bit different.

As for the majority of P.boro folk not attending, you know why, as they tend to lean towards the many other soul nights in the area and they are afraid to listen to something a little different.

Politics will always be the order of the day in P.boro', which is unfortunate, as Mick, Paul & Ray are Quality guy's only trying to let the music do the talking!!!

cheers,

john mc.

I enjoyed the night, as I have all the others.. top effort Mick, Ray and Paul.

A very friendly, atmospheric venue, with some great records played, especially by Tony.

Agree with what others have said, the place deserved to be full.. and I also agree with d'arcy the tempo could have been a bit hotter at times.

excellent night even though i was a little worse for wear not used to getting a lift so i must apoligise

if i waffled lol. it was an interesting drive to sheffield yesterday morning with a headache and hangover!!

back to the night as stated top spots from pete and tony :lol: also bully,ray n mick flying the flag for

the peterboro faithful. quote werent we there first! loyal or what.

shame about the turnout but who did turn up totally enjoyed themselves.

top night

russ

ps; whoever put my flyers down the urinals piss on you!!!

I enjoyed the night, as I have all the others.. top effort Mick, Ray and Paul.

A very friendly, atmospheric venue, with some great records played, especially by Tony.

Agree with what others have said, the place deserved to be full.. and I also agree with d'arcy the tempo could have been a bit hotter at times.

so do i...I'll crank it up for you Dec 22th...

really enjoyed myself apart from having val and parker in the car,forgot my ear plugs.think the turnout was just a blip myself with other venues on aplenty.can,t imagine it not being a full house on 22nd dec with mark and andy on.well looking forward to it.

really enjoyed myself apart from having val and parker in the car,forgot my ear plugs.think the turnout was just a blip myself with other venues on aplenty.can,t imagine it not being a full house on 22nd dec with mark and andy on.well looking forward to it.

yep! you read it right.....Tricky did drive......2nd time in 25~30 years.....well done Trev (where's the big round of applause smiley)

p.s. Tony that was not the Diplomats.....it was Joey Dee :unsure:

Source Advert