• Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tata905

Hi Alan

Thank you so much for your comment on Let's Play House. The reason I didn't name the musicians is because most of them I never knew their names, of course the prouders was Harold Thomas a.k.a. Prince Harold and Norbert DeCoteaux, the lady playing piano is Patty Brown and the bass player is the great Chuck Raine also Specs Powell holding tambourine the three backup singers are The Diplomats and the engineer is Wiley Brooks.

Tony Drake

Social source share

Guest Johnny Mack

Tony

Interesting information - I've always been a great fan !

I've just visited your website and strangely find no reference within the discography to Musicor 1378 - Love Child/Can't you hear your mama calling. I'm presuming this 45 was only released as a DJ/Promo copy, hence the omission.

Any info on this 45 would be appreciated.

Best

John

Hi Alan

Thank you so much for your comment on Let's Play House. The reason I didn't name the musicians is because most of them I never knew their names, of course the prouders was Harold Thomas a.k.a. Prince Harold and Norbert DeCoteaux, the lady playing piano is Patty Brown and the bass player is the great Chuck Raine also Specs Powell holding tambourine the three backup singers are The Diplomats and the engineer is Wiley Brooks.

Tony Drake

Social source share

Hi Tony, great to catch up with you again - but I cannot get the Youtube clip to work.

Steve

just type Tony Drake in the search box it'll come up

Social source share

Guest tata905

Love Child and Can't You Hear Your Mama Calling were released on both a black musicor label and on CBS on a red label. I have posted both on my album on this board which I have not yet learn to used properly. These songs where done on the Let's Play House session and Love Child was released later that same year 1969, not much air play causing me to move to Burnswick Records in 1970 where I recored Suddenly and It Hurts Me More with The Chi-lites providing backup vocals on the two songs later gave me an opportunity to have my song Living in the Footsteps of Another Man recored by the guys.

Tony Drake

Edited by tata905
Social source share

Guest Johnny Mack

Tony

Many thanks for the information. Truly appreciated. I have both of the US Musicor 45's, the US Brunswick 45 and the Chi-lites 45 on UK Brunswick - guess that qualifies me for something :lol:

Take care

John

Love Child and Can't You Hear Your Mama Calling were released on both a black musicor label and on CBS on a red label. I have posted both on my album on this board which I have not yet learn to used properly. These songs where done on the Let's Play House session and Love Child was released later that same year 1969, not much air play causing me to move to Burnswick Records in 1970 where I recored Suddenly and It Hurts Me More with The Chi-lites providing backup vocals on the two songs later gave me an opportunity to have my song Living in the Footsteps of Another Man recored by the guys.

Tony Drake

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert