Bisley

BISLEY - Last night...

Well what can I say..we got there early as me old mate and fellow Farnbourgh DJ Chris was djing, I knew he would be doing the early spot and I didn't want to miss it.. after all he is me mate so thought i'd better support him.. but he wouldn't have noticed if I was there or not as when me and smiley Dean arrived there was already a queue outside waiting to get in.. :(

Doors opened bag down, drink and chat time.. Pete was doing the first 1/2 hour and already the room had started foot tapping , and there was a slight movement of hips in the room...

Chris's turn now on the decks and then the dancing began when the room started to fill up..

(I did try to remember what he and the other dj's played but my minds a blank playlists would be good)

Chris was on form and because of that it kick started the evening and helped make it a succesful night.. he warmed up the room, and the dance floor was all ready in action all the dj's had to do now was keep them there.. and at Bisley that means play dancers as thats what the crowd want.. any tempo as long as its a dncer.. :P

This is where it all gets confussing as I had a dance, a chat, spent time and money in the record room.. and by then the dance floor was in full swing and it just kept on going.. some quality stuffed got played last night.. you couldn't knock the music in the main room, because the line up of dj's they had you knew there was going to be some quality records played, I heard quite a bit of stuff that I havn't heard before at Bisley and most of all I enjoyed it and it seemed so did the people around me..

I can't comment on the modern room as I only popped in to say hello to Maxine and Keith..

but when I was there, the people in there looked like they was enjoying there selfs.

but i'll leave it to one of them to tell you more :wub:

right pants write up yes.gif I got home at 4, went to bed at 6 listerned to music on me headphones and got up at 9.. no.gif and have rambled on about nothing :thumbup:

But all I wanted to really say was ...

TOP NIGHT .... MUSIC WAS BLINDING .... DANCE FLOOR WAS BUSY RIGHT UP UNTIL THE LAST RECORD...

AND YEH I ENJOYED IT thumbup.gif

Oh record I bought was Darrow Fletcher "What Good Am I Without You"

wave.gif

Pete, Derrek, Chris, Neil, Bucky and Roger I thank you. wink.gif

• Replies 47
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

just thought i'd add my pennyworth about bisley... left bournemouth 5:30ish stopped to eat on the way and arrived about 8:30 paid my money and went in..ive been before and always enjoyed it..collected a much searched for track from chris while he was djing..many thanks chris.. then settled down in pleasant company to some fine tunes.. the night was going well only one moan was the sound system the extra speakers kept cutting i and out and put me off my stride a couple of times but only a minor inonvenience.. had a cracking night otherwise and left sometime in the early hours for the drive home .. thanks for an excellent nights music.. see you in december.

BISLEY - Last night...

TOP NIGHT .... MUSIC WAS BLINDING .... DANCE FLOOR WAS BUSY RIGHT UP UNTIL THE LAST RECORD...

AND YEH I ENJOYED IT thumbup.gif

I'll second that!

For me, Bisley never fails to deliver for the dancers. Just can't fail to enjoy the night and looking forward to December now.

Only slight gripe for me, and never thought I'd say this,.........the floor was too slippery!

I used to feel dissappointed that I couldn't get talc through the bag search - last night i had to pour beer in the corner and wipe my feet in it so that I wouldn't go on my arse on the dancefloor :hypo:

Sound system? A couple of minor problems, not enough to detract from an excellent night. In fact it sounded better this time, but maybe that's because there were no background grumblings from Moldie whistling.gif

Oh yes - can we have a patio heater for the smokers in December please guys? :thumbsup:

Thanks to all the Northern room DJ's for playing my sort of music, the dancers who kept me entertained and envious, and everyone that I spoke to for making me feel priveleged to be part of the scene.

"STOLEN HOURS" 1st Anniversary, MARGATE 24th NOVEMBER.

2 Rooms + Accomodation + Free unissued Vinyl (first 100 tickets)

Just like to thank the bisley duo for asking me to paly a warm up set for them. And Mischief yes i did see notice you both in the cue outside, and said hi to both of ya, How could i walk past a great mate and not say hi to them :no: Thanks to all the dj`s that had the floor filled for the whole night. Heres my playlist for the night and thanks to all for coming and supporting another great bisley soul night :yes:

Playlist 8.15-9.15

Howard Guyton...I watched you slowly slip away

The Platters...With this ring

Jackie Lee...Oh my darlin

The five stairsteps...Stay close to me

Gene Chandler...nothing can stop me

Willie Tee...Walking up a one way street

Jimmy soul clark...Sweet darling

The Impressions...You`ve been cheating

Benny Troy....I wanna give you tomorrow

Bettey Everett...Getting mighty crowded

Pokie Hudson..This gets to me

The Jelly Beans...You dont mean me no good (requested by danny) :unsure:

Hank Jacobs...Elijah Rockin with soul

Willie Mitchell...The Champion

Lonnie Lester...You cant go

Gale Garnett...I`ll cry alone

Billy storm..Educated fool

Jimmy Robins...I cant please you

Marv Johnson....I miss you baby

Martha Reeves...Show me the way

Christine Cooper...Heartaches away my boy

The Valentinos...Sweeter than the day before

Willie Kendrick...Change your ways

The Vibrations...Cause your mine.

Thanks to all for dancing and as you can see there was something for everyone there.and thanks to neil for the garnett mimms :shhh:

All the best Chris

Edited by darkhorse01252

bisley dancefloor is like an ice rink i even brought spare shoes as the ones i usually wear got no grip and made me dance like a giraffe on roller skates.. the shufflers must love it there.. still had a good time tho.. and it was a mistake going outside for some fresh air as i coughed my way thru the puffers,an i only quit in april it was torture..

Guest Bearsy

BISLEY - Last night...

Well what can I say..we got there early as me old mate and fellow Farnbourgh DJ Chris was djing, I knew he would be doing the early spot and I didn't want to miss it.. after all he is me mate so thought i'd better support him.. but he wouldn't have noticed if I was there or not as when me and smiley Dean arrived there was already a queue outside waiting to get in..

Doors opened bag down, drink and chat time.. Pete was doing the first 1/2 hour and already the room had started foot tapping , and there was a slight movement of hips in the room...

Chris's turn now on the decks and then the dancing began when the room started to fill up..

(I did try to remember what he and the other dj's played but my minds a blank playlists would be good)

Chris was on form and because of that it kick started the evening and helped make it a succesful night.. he warmed up the room, and the dance floor was all ready in action all the dj's had to do now was keep them there.. and at Bisley that means play dancers as thats what the crowd want.. any tempo as long as its a dncer..

This is where it all gets confussing as I had a dance, a chat, spent time and money in the record room.. and by then the dance floor was in full swing and it just kept on going.. some quality stuffed got played last night.. you couldn't knock the music in the main room, because the line up of dj's they had you knew there was going to be some quality records played, I heard quite a bit of stuff that I havn't heard before at Bisley and most of all I enjoyed it and it seemed so did the people around me..

I can't comment on the modern room as I only popped in to say hello to Maxine and Keith..

but when I was there, the people in there looked like they was enjoying there selfs.

but i'll leave it to one of them to tell you more

right pants write up I got home at 4, went to bed at 6 listerned to music on me headphones and got up at 9.. and have rambled on about nothing

But all I wanted to really say was ...

AND YEH I ENJOYED IT

Oh record I bought was Darrow Fletcher "What Good Am I Without You"

:lol:

Pete, Derrek, Chris, Neil, Bucky and Roger I thank you. :(

I thought you was trying to save money :D you just couldnt help yourself could you, now sell me that record you naughty boy :yes:

Heard Bisley was great socialy, as usual.............with a few exceptions music was the same old same old (but if it works dont knock it).

The report on the Modern room i heard was that there was hardly a soul in there all night, when my better half waltzed thru there was 2 people in there...................no reflection of the quality of music played as I know the Woons & Tony would have played fantastic tunes thru out, but from what I can gather the Modern Room is a bit of an after thought & not much promotion goes into it.........pity really, as this room could almost run as a seperate entity, with virtually a seperate crowd, do the Math boy's n girls, with a bit of effort, this room could actually be rockin'...............maybe the promoters dont really understand the Modern room, but I think it could pay for itself twice over if they really got behind it.

Russ

Heard Bisley was great socialy, as usual.............with a few exceptions music was the same old same old (but if it works dont knock it).

The report on the Modern room i heard was that there was hardly a soul in there all night, when my better half waltzed thru there was 2 people in there...................no reflection of the quality of music played as I know the Woons & Tony would have played fantastic tunes thru out, but from what I can gather the Modern Room is a bit of an after thought & not much promotion goes into it.........pity really, as this room could almost run as a seperate entity, with virtually a seperate crowd, do the Math boy's n girls, with a bit of effort, this room could actually be rockin'...............maybe the promoters dont really understand the Modern room, but I think it could pay for itself twice over if they really got behind it.

Russ

well thank god for this post

as you say the quality of music would have been great

if you look in the events section i posted that imvho this room was an after thought

the promoters of bisley were approached by two ppl about running the modern room but were turned down flat..the two ppl even offered to run it and dj free of charge but were told a firm no

when bisley had there anniversary two yrs ago the modern room was buzzin but it was closed at least two hours before so everyone could be in the main room till the end of the night..

im sure you are right when you say that the promoters dont UNDERSTAND the modern room..thats why at my event i have two first class ppl to run it for me..they have no restrictions on what djs they can choose and the line ups have included top names..soul sam..arthur fenn adam steve g taffy tim brown roger banks and a whole lot more...sorry if ive missed any....i have posted on here about the promoters PLAYING at the modern room but now a reapectecd person has posted make they take heed

come on pete and derek get it sorted it would be an added bonus to an already great night

moldie

Russ

I went to Bisley when Tim Brown & Colin were playing in the modern room. I stayed in there all night and thought the music was great and if I'm honest probably would prefer it to the main room :wicked: . Definately needs more promotion though, maybe also get the bar open in that room g.gif .

It just seems such a shame, this room could be really fantastic which as already mentioned could only add to an already busy night. If its the initial financial outlay, Im quite prepared to put my money where my mouth is & back the room financially, on the proviso that I am gonna get my outlay back & a fee when its a success.................now I dont know what the crack is with the promotion of this room at present, so if I have jumped to the wrong conclusions & or stepped on anyones toes please except my apologies.

This is not in anyway a critisism of the venue, just expressing an opinion which many of my musically minded compadres agree with. The general punter at Bisley is not interested in a Modern room, but it could be made succesful with the correct promotion as a different entity on the same night with a different crowd attending just for the Modern room................a financially astute promoter should be doing some sums now :wicked: .

Russ

Afternoon all,would like to say first off socially a great night,eh Mischief.Sound system wise the main room did have its problems with speakers cutting in & out but the dj's gave the dancers what they wanted.Top spot of the night must go to Neil Jones.Danced to almost every record-brilliant.

Popped in to Modern room and on couple of occasions was fairly busy but as previous posts have said it needs to be pushed more.

What have they done to floor in main room as nearly went t**ts up a couple of times.

Also noticed a hell of a lot of Bournemouth area contingent out & about.Hope you guys come & support us on the 15th December.

Regards

Dave.

What have they done to floor in main room as nearly went t**ts up a couple of times....its called being pissed dave

Also noticed a hell of a lot of Bournemouth area contingent out & about.Hope you guys come & support us on the 15th December.....here here dave

Regards

Dave.

Guest Ollie Lailey

First time at Bisley for me and i really had a cracking time! great venue and really great tunes. top class stuff. will be back for more one day.

First time at Bisley for me and i really had a cracking time! great venue and really great tunes. top class stuff. will be back for more one day.

hi there

are you an oldies fan or love the whole lot

as a first timer ..how did you find the sound system and dancefloor

moldie

Still remember my 1st time at Bisley, so I'm glad you enjoyed yours Ollie.

It's a shame that someone who wasn't there on Saturday is fishing for negative comments from you thmbdn.gif but I'm sure your original post was heartfelt.

Next one is December 1st! I'll be there. :thumbsup:

Still remember my 1st time at Bisley, so I'm glad you enjoyed yours Ollie.

It's a shame that someone who wasn't there on Saturday is fishing for negative comments from you thmbdn.gif but I'm sure your original post was heartfelt.

Next one is December 1st! I'll be there. :thumbsup:

not at all kevin..your right i wasnt there..but as ollieboogaloo was a first timer there i wanted an opinion

there already seems to be a few posts about the sound system already..its always nice to get as many different views as possible..especially as you say theres nothing wrong with it but others say there is

maybe a poll would be a good idea..it might make the promoters turn a very good night into a great night

ppl on here including yourself have been quick enough to mention the fact that the speakers blew at my event..after which i gave you all a free night...so surely i can ask a newcomer his opinion of the night

my posts regarding the bisley nights have been nothing but honest in my opinion

i have always said bisley was a good night..the biggest in the south etc but also have said in my honest opinion the sound system lets it down...also backed up by others on here...although i dont see a reply to there posts...also many ppl have said to me in person that the sound system isnt good enough for the venue

if ive slagged the venue off im sure the moderators would soon let me know..con structive critisism is good kev...just like when i took on board the things you said about my event

i too will be there on dec1st kev..sat was the only nightshift event i have missed in all the time its been going

moldie

ps...didnt you once make reference to the sound system at kent soul club?...was this slagging off or constructive critiscism?

Edited by moldie

Moldie, no point asking me about sound... as you know.... but I will give it to Pete and Derek on this one as soon as they was told there was a problem they done there best to sort it out...

Pete was moving speakers about doing what he could.. I think Derek was pointing where they should go and Pete was doing all the work :lol:

I had a good night Saturday in the main room, and I couldn't and wouldn't knock the music that was played... some times in the past i've come back from Bisley and all though i've had a good time it was abit to oldies.. but as I said you couldn't knock this one for music quality on the whole....

as for the modern room I can't comment I wasn't in there..

wink.gif

Maybe its time to leave Pete and Derek to organise Bisley and you start getting us some dates together for Lightwater..

:thumbsup: or better still West Farnbourgh thumbup.gif Club

Moldie, no point asking me about sound... as you know.... but I will give it to Pete and Derek on this one as soon as they was told there was a problem they done there best to sort it out...

Pete was moving speakers about doing what he could.. I think Derek was pointing where they should go and Pete was doing all the work biggrin.gif ...sounds about right lolol..but moving speakers about doesnt do much imvho if the set up isnt right between the plug and the speaker leads

I had a good night Saturday in the main room, and I couldn't and wouldn't knock the music that was played... some times in the past i've come back from Bisley and all though i've had a good time it was abit to oldies.. but as I said you couldn't knock this one for music quality on the whole....

im not asking anyone to knock the music paul..im pointing out that the sound system isnt good enough for the venue..which others have commented on

:lol:

Maybe its time to leave Pete and Derek to organise Bisley and you start getting us some dates together for Lightwater..

:lol: or better still West Farnbourgh thumbup.gif Club

im unsure what you mean by this paul...im not trying to organise anything

also like to know what you mean by..better still west farnborough club?

ive had constructive critisism from yourself regarding my events in the past paul and have taken on board things you have said and respected your opinions but not once have i said...its time you left it to me to organise

regards moldie

also like to know what you mean by..better still west farnborough club?

what don't you understand. :lol:

its a blinding venue.. nice room good floor and a cheap bar..

thats what I meant..

smile.gif

and I think they moved a speaker, as a speaker went down so they took away the one not working and replaced it..

Guest Bearsy

Pete was moving speakers about doing what he could.. I think Derek was pointing where they should go and Pete was doing all the work biggrin.gif

wink.gif

:lol: or better still West Farnbourgh thumbup.gif Club

love you pete and derek, can i buy you a drink pete and derek, can i carry your boxes pete and derek :lol:

Guest Ollie Lailey

I normally only go the Do's in London or Weekenders so this was the first "Oldies" night i have attended(only been on the scene for 5/6 years) I thought the music was great, lots of "Oldies" that i have never heard before................. The sound system was not as bad as I was expecting after reading some posts on here. The speakers went a bit wonky at a couple of points but to be honest it seemed to be sorted out everytime it went. The sound system probably could be better, but for me it was not a big enough issue to impact on my night. If the soundsystem was really bad (not loud enough or very distorted) it would. The dancefloor was ok for me as i had me Adidas on.

Edited by Ollie Lailey

I normally only go the Do's in London or Weekenders so this was the first "Oldies" night i have attended(only been on the scene for 5/6 years) I thought the music was great, lots of "Oldies" that i have never heard before................. The sound system was not as bad as I was expecting after reading some posts on here. The speakers went a bit wonky at a couple of points but to be honest it seemed to be sorted out everytime it went. The sound system probably could be better, but for me it was not a big enough issue to impact on my night. If the soundsystem was really bad (not loud enough or very distorted) it would. The dancefloor was ok for me as i had me Adidas on.

thanks for your reply and honest post

im glad you enjoyed your night

not all posted by me i hasten to add

regards moldie

not at all kevin..your right i wasnt there..but as ollieboogaloo was a first timer there i wanted an opinion

He's given it. You seem to be picking up on any negatives from the night and only asking his opinion on those.

there already seems to be a few posts about the sound system already..its always nice to get as many different views as possible..especially as you say theres nothing wrong with it but others say there is

maybe a poll would be a good idea..it might make the promoters turn a very good night into a great night

Surely a poll us up to the promoters - similar to when you as promoter asked forviews on 1 or 2 rooms at Lightwater.

ppl on here including yourself have been quick enough to mention the fact that the speakers blew at my event..after which i gave you all a free night...so surely i can ask a newcomer his opinion of the night

I thoroughly enjoyed that night mate. Speaker problem was at end of night....so what. Searched my posts and can't find me mentioning it.

my posts regarding the bisley nights have been nothing but honest in my opinion

Honest is a good word, Incessant is another.

i have always said bisley was a good night..the biggest in the south etc but also have said in my honest opinion the sound system lets it down...also backed up by others on here...although i dont see a reply to there posts...

They didn't make such a big deal of it.I PM'd them for their views without suffocating the thread.

also many ppl have said to me in person that the sound system isnt good enough for the venue

My ears aren't the best...but Pam tells me you're right on this one

if ive slagged the venue off im sure the moderators would soon let me know..con structive critisism is good kev...just like when i took on board the things you said about my event

Well you asked for opinions

i too will be there on dec1st kev..sat was the only nightshift event i have missed in all the time its been going

I'll let you buy me a drink then.

moldie

ps...didnt you once make reference to the sound system at kent soul club?...was this slagging off or constructive critiscism?

It wasn't meant as either - you called it constructive criticism. Truth is it was meant as an aside, the probs on the night were a one off for KSC. There were visitors there for the first time, dancers I'd first seen at Lightwater and later Bisley who added to the night and I wanted to ensure their return by pointing out that this wasn't the norm.

Anyway, Moldie the Soothsayer....it's all your fault.....you told me I was too nice tongue.gif

PM'ing Ya.

-Kevin Kent, Defender of The Faith :lol:

I think with a venue of this size it would be best to hire in some of the equipment & take the advise of a sound engineer, who could be keeping an eye on things thru out the night. In my forays into promoting the one thing that alway's sticks is the sound system............get it right & have back up.......................Im sure this will bite me on the arse in future, but hey, no excuse for poor sound system & with a venue the size of Bisley it has to be right.

Russ

Can someone give me an accurate write up on the 70s room please?

I heard

1) two people in there

2) it was busy

Well which account is accurate?

I might come along one day but not if there's only two people in the mod room - better to invite them round mine and save the petrol :lol:

What tunage was spun?

More info needed here I think.....

Anyway, Moldie the Soothsayer....it's all your fault.....you told me I was too nice tongue.gif ..was i pissed?

PM'ing Ya.

-Kevin Kent, Defender of The Faith :lol: ..you are a worse defender then bloody john terry of chelsea

I heard

1) two people in there

2) it was busy

Well which account is accurate?...both are right steve..its a very small room and two ppl fill it laugh.gif:lol:

I might come along one day but not if there's only two people in the mod room - better to invite them round mine and save the petrol laugh.gif ...ill only come if its cheap entry

What tunage was spun? ...not all the djs are fat steve....oh sorry i thought you meant tonnage laugh.gif

More info needed here I think.....play lists would be nice :lol:

Sorry Steve I only put me head in to say hello..

and when I went in there was a group of people chatting 3 or 4 dancing but as i said I walked in up to the decks said hello and left..

if there was only 2 people in there and there not on here you not gonna have to wait a while for an answer :lol::lol:laugh.gif

I think with a venue of this size it would be best to hire in some of the equipment & take the advise of a sound engineer, who could be keeping an eye on things thru out the night. In my forays into promoting the one thing that alway's sticks is the sound system............get it right & have back up.......................Im sure this will bite me on the arse in future, but hey, no excuse for poor sound system & with a venue the size of Bisley it has to be right.

Russ

they already do russ

as long as you are only bitten on the arse all should be ok :lol:

moldie the missunderstood

they already do russ

as long as you are only bitten on the arse all should be ok :lol:

moldie the missunderstood

They should use somebody that can do the job propper.

Guest Bearsy

:thumbsup: Kin'ell Bearsy - must have really hurt when you fell off that fence! :lol::lol:

never sat on a fence Kev it gives you piles my dad said, btw how are you metric miles nowadays :lol::lol:

I heard

1) two people in there

2) it was busy

Well which account is accurate?

I might come along one day but not if there's only two people in the mod room - better to invite them round mine and save the petrol :thumbsup:

What tunage was spun?

Hello Steve.........I was in London, but Jenny was at Bisley & checked out the Mod room, she said it was very quiet........I know she didnt stop in there all night, but I dont think it really got the punters in..........as mentioned in an earlier post, its a shame as the music would have been quality, so must be down to promotion, enough people within easy travelling distance to fill this place to the rafters. The usual Bisley crowd on the whole probably wouldnt really be up for a Mod room..........but with the correct promotion, this has massive potential.........as a punter would love to have this as an option as a promoter I would be $$$$$$$$ kerchingggggg...........Im hoping Pete & Derek read or get wind of this & can hopefully, help us get an alternative to the Main room at Bisley that has a bit more support.

None of my posts on this thread are intended to be negative about Bisley.........after all it must be doing something right, would just be real nice to get the Modern Room up & running more succesfully too............

Russ

Hello Steve.........I was in London, but Jenny was at Bisley & checked out the Mod room, she said it was very quiet........I know she didnt stop in there all night, but I dont think it really got the punters in..........as mentioned in an earlier post, its a shame as the music would have been quality, so must be down to promotion, enough people within easy travelling distance to fill this place to the rafters. The usual Bisley crowd on the whole probably wouldnt really be up for a Mod room..........but with the correct promotion, this has massive potential.........as a punter would love to have this as an option as a promoter I would be $$$$$$$$ kerchingggggg...........Im hoping Pete & Derek read or get wind of this & can hopefully, help us get an alternative to the Main room at Bisley that has a bit more support.

None of my posts on this thread are intended to be negative about Bisley.........after all it must be doing something right, would just be real nice to get the Modern Room up & running more succesfully too............

Russ

Thanks Russ. Adecent modern room it'll be then :thumbsup:

..............maybe the promoters dont really understand the Modern room,

Russ

I do believe Russ that you were one of the people on here (SS) calling for a modern room at Bisley.

Now that you've got it, you don't actually attend & the majority of your posts about it are not positive.

Edited by Soulsmith

I do believe Russ that you were one of the people on here (SS) calling for a modern room at Bisley.

Now that you've got it, you don't actually attend & the majority of your posts about it are not positive.

colin

russ has been away for a few yrs in the states

hes only been back a short while and this was the first bisley since he returned home..so bit of a cheeky post

also what are the postives of the bisley modern room ?

colin

hes only been back a short while and this was the first bisley since he returned home..so bit of a cheeky post

I was hoping to hear from the organ grinder, not the monkey.

colin

Hello Colin........hope you are well. As Moldie has mentioned I havnt been in the country for some time, so unable to attend any UK venues. I was very happy to hear Bisley now had a Modern room & I know my Jenny was looking forward to it.

I had a bit of business to attend to in the smoke on Saturday, so sadly missed Bisley, but as mentioned previously heard the main room was buzzing, but the Modern room less busy than you would hope.

Im sorry you feel I have been negative about Bisley that was deffo not my intention, I do feel the Modern from what I have heard tho could benifit from better promotion.........I could be wrong, but if I am able to help in anyway I will, Im not certain how or who runs the room at present so Im really concerned that I do not tread on any toes, just think this room could be rocking, what do you think ?. Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

Hope this explains a few things Col.............look forward to seeing you soon.

ATB Russ

Hello Colin........hope you are well. As Moldie has mentioned I havnt been in the country for some time, so unable to attend any UK venues. I was very happy to hear Bisley now had a Modern room & I know my Jenny was looking forward to it.

I had a bit of business to attend to in the smoke on Saturday, so sadly missed Bisley, but as mentioned previously heard the main room was buzzing, but the Modern room less busy than you would hope.

Im sorry you feel I have been negative about Bisley that was deffo not my intention, I do feel the Modern from what I have heard tho could benifit from better promotion.........I could be wrong, but if I am able to help in anyway I will, Im not certain how or who runs the room at present so Im really concerned that I do not tread on any toes, just think this room could be rocking, what do you think ?. Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

Hope this explains a few things Col.............look forward to seeing you soon.

ATB Russ

Cheers for reply Russ. Modern room is run by Pete & Derek.

Although they don't post on here I know they are sensitive to the critiscm but will take positive comments on board. I've tried organising a couple of local dos & have found the whole business a complete pain in the backside. Thats why I'm somewhat defensive of those that do.

What do I think about the future of Bisley? I really don't know. Pete & Derek are fairly shrewd & if there is a solution then I'm sure that they'll work it out.

There isn't though many decent role models in the south east to make comparisons. I'm only aware of Chi Soul & Monumental that make a go of it on a sustained basis. I'm not sure whether Lightwater has a seperate modern room or if its all comined with the northern now. I'm sure Moldie will let us know. The modern room at Bisley is quite big & a tough act to fill.

As I think Black & White mentioned in a seperate thread modern /crossover people don't appear to want to go to modern rooms that are connected with oldies nights. I have little idea why that is?

Guest the major

Just a wee note to say that inspite of the slippery floor (trust me it's better now than it was a few months ago), the inny/outy sound system at the back of the main room (a bit off putting but seemed to get sorted after a while) and perhaps some debate over whether one should confuse playing standards to keep the floor packed (which they did by and large) with repetition and same ol' same ol' , Bisley once again turned out to be a fantastic night and all the djs, promoters, bar and door staff did a blinding job.

Cards on the table, I'm not a big fan of modern soul but many folk are; my one picky point is that if there is a dedicated modern soul room, I would rather the main room sets didn't include it - personal preference yes, but also it may have encouraged a few more to enter the smaller annexe room.

Thanks for your time.

27 Oct,

GreenHouse Effect

Church Road

Hove

A nite of across the board soul, and couple of local bands.

Cheers for reply Russ. Modern room is run by Pete & Derek.

Although they don't post on here I know they are sensitive to the critiscm but will take positive comments on board. I've tried organising a couple of local dos & have found the whole business a complete pain in the backside. Thats why I'm somewhat defensive of those that do.unless its me colin

What do I think about the future of Bisley? I really don't know. Pete & Derek are fairly shrewd & if there is a solution then I'm sure that they'll work it out...not alot to sort out colin..just the sound system..thats why quite a few stay away..even you complained about it on occassions

There isn't though many decent role models in the south east to make comparisons. I'm only aware of Chi Soul & Monumental that make a go of it on a sustained basis. I'm not sure whether Lightwater has a seperate modern room or if its all comined with the northern now. I'm sure Moldie will let us know. The modern room at Bisley is quite big & a tough act to fill...lightwater modern room is nearly 6 yrs old colin and will be running again next yr...and will be once again having TOP modern djs

As I think Black & White mentioned in a seperate thread modern /crossover people don't appear to want to go to modern rooms that are connected with oldies nights. I have little idea why that is?..maybe its because they might find you there colin

I went down to Bisley with Ollie, my mate Alex and Gill and it was the first time us three lads had been there. I personally thought the sound was fine although I did stay largely halfway down the dancefloor or by the stage. The venue itself is superb btw! Thought the music was great, haven't been to an oldies night for ages. Neil Jones played a great set with some newer sounds thrown in like the flip of Lil Major Williams ect, and some monster standards. Didn't venture into the modern room myself only because was having too much of a laugh in the main one. All in all all four of us had a really good night, will definitely be back :lol: