Re Issuse Rubish

Hello has anyone bought any reject vinyl from Gold soul lately as ive bought a copy of wade Flemons "Jeanette" which seems to be pressed off centre . yet when you ring them they say Nobody else has complained about any of there records and they ship world wide every day . But there has to be a whole batch of these out there somewhere .

It is impossible to play. :D

Would like to here other peoples views on this record and Gold soul re issues Thanks PJ

Social source share

• Replies 30
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hello has anyone bought any reject vinyl from Gold soul lately as ive bought a copy of wade Flemons "Jeanette" which seems to be pressed off centre . yet when you ring them they say Nobody else has complained about any of there records and they ship world wide every day . But there has to be a whole batch of these out there somewhere .

It is impossible to play.  whistling.gif

Would like to here other peoples views on this record and Gold soul re issues Thanks PJ

link

Just because no-one else has complained doesn't mean that you shouldn't be dealt with as an individual. You should send it back and demand a refund or a playable copy. Kev Roberts is on this forum, I'm sure he will sort it out for you if you ask him. He should also give his staff a bollocking because that is not good customer service :graynone:

Social source share

Just because no-one else has complained doesn't mean that you shouldn't be dealt with as an individual.  You should send it back and demand a refund or a playable copy.  Kev Roberts is on this forum, I'm sure he will sort it out for you if you ask him.  He should also give his staff a bollocking because that is not good customer service  :graynone:

link

Got to say that I bought something off Goldsoul and they sent me the wrong item.

Rang up and it was no problem. They sorted it out by return of post.

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

Got to say that I bought something off Goldsoul and they sent me the wrong item.

Rang up and it was no problem. They sorted it out by return of post.

link

i remember you telling me you had problems with your 'Kev Roberts Mug'

Apparently he looked a bit smug so you asked for your money back.

Shane

Social source share

Shane

link

whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

PJ ring them back and ask for Becky she is really helpful and a top bird i'm sure she will help you out.

John

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

PJ ring them back and ask for Becky she is really helpful and a top bird i'm sure she will help you out.

John

link

the original 'Bexter'....I remember her. whistling.gif

Shane

Social source share

It is impossible to play.  whistling.gif

link

I never, but I know Dr Pickles bought a copy of "Jeanette" and it was off center..

He bought it off Sean "I'm the only gay in the village" Chapman, so wasn't a problem.

Social source share

It is impossible to play.  :lol:

link

Hello spoke to Beckey at gold soul who denied haveing any faulty records returned

from anyone also advised me to find some where else to buy my records spoke to at least 3 major northern soul record dealers who had the following problems

Moonlight Music Laure Green Intro missing at the begining reject

Marie Knight Lie so well/ thats no way Lables on the wrong sides reject

Compared to what . more like compared to who the hell is singing this . cos it aint

Mr Floods party WHO IS IT ??? reject

The Game is Over - Totally unplayable reject

You wont say nothing - tamila lewis this copy dosnt say anything unless you put the stereo up have way then theres no bass reject

heart trouble The parliments unplayable badly warped reject

there are more ive had lots of emails it is clear that Beckey at gold soul Knew all about these problems and still continued to send reject s to customers I notice they are still trying to sell Wade flemons on Ebay i feel people have a right to know

what has been going on . one major record dealer complained that he was sent Boot legged Cd s

Here is a email from a dealer who returned goods long before i purchased mine

so some one is telling PORKY PIES

Hello Paul

Thanks for your email.

Your friend is absolutely right!

There are faulty copies of this record in circulation.

I have some left from the very first batch DO play fine.

I did re-order the record as my stock was getting low, and all the ones from the second batch I ordered had the 'Jeanette' side pressed off centre, so they had to be returned.

This was an absolute nightmare for me, as I had already sold some, and had to trace and contact all the customers, to make sure their copies played OK. I had to refund about 5 or 6 customers, and 'play test' every remainig copiy of the record.

I pre-play every copy of Jeanette that I send out now, to make sure it's OK.

Once my stock is 'sold out' on this record, I will not be ordering any more, just incase I end up with faulty discs again. Such a shame for such a fantastic record.

I can assure you that if you buy a copy of the record from me, it will play correctly.

Thanks again for your email.

Soulful Regards

Do you think they should be reported to the trading standerd ? PJ whistling.gif

Social source share

. one major record dealer complained that he was sent Boot legged Cd s

I know somebody who's had a letter off Sony after he complained direct to them in regard of his feelings that UK distributors were bootlegging stuff - however, its so far down the food chain f*** all will ever come of it

Here is a email from a dealer  who returned goods long before i purchased mine

Hello Paul

Thanks for your email.

I did re-order the record as my stock was getting low, and all the ones from the second batch I ordered had the 'Jeanette' side pressed off centre, so they had to be returned.

This was an absolute nightmare for me, as I had already sold some, and had to trace and contact all the customers, to make sure their copies played OK. I had to refund about 5 or 6 customers, and 'play test' every remainig copiy of the record.

Once my stock is 'sold out' on this record, I will not be ordering any more, just incase I end up with faulty discs again. Such a shame for such a fantastic record.

I can assure you that if you buy a copy of the record from me, it will play correctly.

Soulful Regards

it sounds much like 1976 again to me

Do you think they should be reported to the trading standerd ? PJ  whistling.gif

link

Social source share

I'm not quite sure where to start with regards to this topic, anyway here goes.

Before joining Soul Source last year I mainly purchased boots and re-issues, since joining I now mainly purchase originals (cheap originals!). After asking for recommendations on here, I've probably got a more varied collection than I probably would have had. I imagine I would have carried on buying re-issue after boot after re-issue and I wouldn't have records such as the following (if not for this forum or the people on it):

Juanita Williams - Baby Boy - Golden World

Billy Butler - Come Over To My Side - Brunswick

Mary Wells - You Keep Me In Suspense - Atco

Lorraine Rudolph - Keep Coming Back For More - Jetstream

The Precisions - Instant Heartbreak - Drew

The Five Stairsteps - Change Of Pace - Windy C

Jimmy Norman - This I Beg Of You - Samar

Chuck Jackson - I Only Get This Feeling - ABC

Majestic - Send My Baby Back To Me - Equator

The Avons - Since I Met You Baby - Excello

Syl Johnson - Try Me - Twilight

The Accents - New Girl - M-Pac

Not one of the above records cost me more than £20, The Precisions only cost a tenner including postage from the US. I have only ever paid £40 or more for a record twice, the normal amount I would spend on a single is about £10 - £15. Some dealers charge you a tenner for a boot, so now I tend to look around for the cheaper originals. I'm not a collector in the same sense as people who pay hundreds or thousands of pounds for a single, but then I'm not trying to break into the field of DJing either. So therefore I feel that I don't need to buy the latest boot of the recent top sound.

If there was a track that I wanted badly enough on vinyl, then yes I would get a boot if this was the only way I could afford it (infact, I actually purchased two a couple of months back). The only thing is that I don't seem to want them as badly as I did in the past. If I was to get one that didn't play then I think I wouldn't buy any again.

Does this make sense or am I talking absolute b*ll**ks? whistling.gif

Edited by Supercorsa
Social source share

Soulfox,

The sale of goods act applies in so much any item sold must be fit for purpose. If it will not play or has any defect, you have the right to your money back, you do not have to accept a replacement, you can if you want, but it is your choice.

Trading standards will only act on persistant offenders, your only recourse should the vendor not refund or replace is through the small claims court.

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

Shane

link

Shane genius satire whistling.gif:thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

John

link

"top bird " have we dropped into Confessions of a Window cleaner mode whistling.gif

Social source share

Trading standards will only act on persistant offenders, your only recourse should the vendor not refund or replace is through the small claims court.

link

This is not true, twice Trading Standards have made preliminary phone calls on my behalf after filling in the forms on their website.

Social source share

Was that Wolverhampton Pete?

I have made complaints about a large DIY store, and a major energy supplier to be told that they would put it on file, but would only act if they received multiple complaints.

They were however helpful when telephoned.

link

One in Stoke, one in Scotland (can't remember name of the place, sorry).

Also way back, I complained about a bloke who sold me a cd of Mary Wells (this is when hardly anyone had cd's) and they were all 80's recordings, he refused to replace it, I complained, trading standards went down there, he rang me up and told me to get lost, I said I'd burn his stall down, it was a messy affair ph34r.gif

Social source share

Was that Wolverhampton Pete?

I have made complaints about a large DIY store, and a major energy supplier to be told that they would put it on file, but would only act if they received multiple complaints.

They were however helpful when telephoned.

link

For what it's worth there's no national Trading Standards as such - it's the responsiblility of local councils and therefore varies area by area.

Social source share

Hello spoke to Beckey at gold soul who denied haveing any faulty records returned

from anyone also advised me to find some where else to buy my records spoke to at least 3 major northern soul record dealers who had the following problems

Moonlight Music  Laure Green  Intro missing at the begining    reject

Marie Knight  Lie so well/ thats no way  Lables on the wrong sides  reject

Compared to what . more like compared to who the hell is singing this . cos it aint

Mr Floods party WHO IS IT ???  reject

The Game is Over - Totally unplayable  reject

You wont say nothing - tamila lewis this copy dosnt say anything unless you put the stereo up have way then theres no bass  reject

heart trouble The parliments unplayable badly warped  reject

there are more ive had lots of emails it is clear that Beckey at gold soul Knew all about these problems and still continued to send reject s to customers  I notice they are still trying to sell Wade flemons on Ebay i feel people have a right to know

what has been going on . one major record dealer complained that he was sent Boot legged Cd s

Here is a email from a dealer  who returned goods long before i purchased mine

Hello Paul

Thanks for your email.

Soulful Regards

Do you think they should be reported to the trading standerd ? PJ  ph34r.gif

link

This is the best reason i have seen on here for buying original vinyl records.

Greynone

Social source share

I had a copy of Patti & the emblems from them the audio at the begining was

appauling I phoned them and was told to send it back rechorded delivery as proof

of posting . and I could have a full refund.

but was told they wouldnt refund my postage which means I would be £1.50 postage plust 28p phone cost out of pocket as a result of there inferior vinyl

I was also told nobody else has complaind .

also they have a list of records that a never in stock

Maybe we all should bring these shite records to prestatyn and see if kev Roberts

will play them. unless he is only playing cds like last year LOL whistling.gif

Social source share

I had a copy of Patti & the emblems from them the audio at the begining was

appauling I phoned them and was told to send it back rechorded delivery as proof

of posting . and I could have a full refund.

but was told they wouldnt refund my postage which means I would be £1.50 postage plust 28p phone cost out of pocket as a result of there inferior vinyl

I was also told nobody else has complaind .

also they have a list of records that a never in stock

Maybe we all should bring these shite records to prestatyn and see if kev Roberts

will play them. unless he is only playing cds like last year  LOL  whistling.gif

link

I think you'll find that Kev Roberts wasn't playing CDs at Prestatyn last year, because he wasn't there !

Social source share

I think you'll find that Kev Roberts wasn't playing CDs at Prestatyn last year, because he wasn't there !

link

I think this has driffted from the original piont which was the fact that Kev roberts

Is ripping people off with crap vinyl and conterfiet compact discs that are not even

worth the postage .

Yet he makes no attempt to reply to any message by phone or on here

I have had legal advise and I can persue a claim agaist him for the cost of replacement records in good condition that are available be they pressings or originals

Social source share

I think this has driffted from the original piont which was the fact that Kev roberts

Is ripping people off with crap vinyl and conterfiet compact discs that are not even

worth the postage .

Yet he makes no attempt to reply to any message by phone or on here

I have had legal advise and I can persue a claim agaist him for the cost of replacement  records in good condition that are available be they pressings or originals

link

BEWARE CON MERCHANTS

I noticed that the gold soul stall at Prestatyn still had copies of Jeanette By wade flemons for sale every one of them Had been pressed off centre also a lot of people I spoke to informed me that Kev Roberts has SKANKED a lot of people

Social source share

was in LA last week where I found two boxes of UK origin 're-issues' going for $6 each !! Neeedless to say, I bought a few huh.gif

Have had one bad copy of MVPs, which Pete kindly refunded - I have since found the original.

What I can never fathom is how certain pressings can be of such poor audio quality when supposedly the original was used in the process.

Social source share

was in LA last week where I found two boxes of UK origin 're-issues' going for $6 each !! Neeedless to say, I bought a few  huh.gif

Have had one bad copy of MVPs, which Pete kindly refunded - I have since found the original.

What I can never fathom is how certain pressings can be of such poor audio quality when supposedly the original was used in the process.

link

I couldn't believe it when I heard that MVP's, I told anyone I'd sold one to to send it back. Actually I still have the rejects, I should have done something about that. The MVP's obviously had a mastering fault but I was told that the original recording was perfect so it must have happened at the pressing plant. The Julian Covey's were all off centre as well.

Social source share

This is the best reason i have seen on here for buying original vinyl records.

Greynone

link

Take your point in that an original will be pressed properly. However you still never know what your gonna get. Bought a couple of Roy Hamilton pieces last year £100+ each, both had clicks, what can you do?

By the way have an awful off centre Cannibal & the Headhunters - Land of 1000 dances - RAMPART. Reissue - avoid at all costs!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!