Previously Undiscovered Version

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Johnny One Trout

Pete that Smithster remix you uploaded the other day was a Wave file and they tend to be on the big side perhaps you need to convert them to MP3's or something whistling.gif

Social source share

Pete that Smithster remix you uploaded the other day was a Wave file and they tend to be on the big side perhaps you need to convert them to MP3's or something whistling.gif

link

I converted it to an RM file, it's pretty tiny really - the mp3 is 12.9mb, any idea how I get it smaller? Converting it to real audio changed it to 2.1mb but it says I can't upload that sort of file???

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

We upload Real Media files all the time are you sure it's not a RAM file or another derivative? MP3's are usually fine too try it again but set a smaller bit rate 12.9 Mb is a massive MP3 what is it 45 minutes long whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Now this is interesting.......

How do I convert my own wave files to MP3...what program do I need ?

link

Shute there are loads out there we use Streambox Ripper it's quick and easy

Social source share

I converted it to an RM file, it's pretty tiny really - the mp3 is 12.9mb, any idea how I get it smaller?  Converting it to real audio changed it to 2.1mb but it says I can't upload that sort of file???

link

forum should take standard .ra and .rm files along with mp3 and wavusually works ok, check extension is .ra or .rmif is one of them two it may be the programme you are using ??if no joy email us the rm file and will see if can sortmike
Social source share

forum should take standard .ra and .rm files along with mp3 and wav

usually works ok, check extension is .ra or .rm

if is one of them two it may be the programme you are using ??

if no joy email us the rm file and will see if can sort

mike

link

This is weird, it won't let me attach it to a PM for you and there doesn't seem to be an option to add it to an email via the site Mike...

Social source share

This is weird, it won't let me attach it to a PM for you and there doesn't seem to be an option to add it to an email via the site Mike...

link

just giving it a go

seems to have worked

changed ext name from .ra to .rm before uploading and seems all ok

there is a tech reason but involves such things as mime types

Social source share

Basically what it is, it's the original version by Bobby Treetop, I speeded the vocal up but kept the backing track at the same speed as the oriignal...this can bring about some really interesting results, if nobody minds I'll send a few up, this isn't a serious attempt to make new versions or anything it's just a laugh....done a nice midtempo version of Rita & The Tiaras, a slowed down version of She Tried To Kiss Me and a few more

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Is this what the producers at Musicor did to the tape of Marie knight, when she was singing "thats no way to treat a girl"?

Great tune. Thought it was a bloke singing for ages. whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

just giving it a go

seems to have worked

changed ext name  from .ra to .rm  before uploading and seems all ok

there is a tech reason but involves such things as mime types

link

That's really quite nice Pete opens up a can of worms though eh whistling.gif:ohmy::D:D

Social source share

I converted it to an RM file, it's pretty tiny really - the mp3 is 12.9mb, any idea how I get it smaller?  Converting it to real audio changed it to 2.1mb but it says I can't upload that sort of file???

link

MP3pro Pete, about the same size as an RM but similiar quality to a full MP3. All I convert to now.

Social source share

MP3pro Pete, about the same size as an RM but similiar quality to a full MP3.  All I convert to now.

link

This is doing my head in. I make the mp3, I convert to ra, then try to send that up, says not acceptable, so change the name to .rm, says that is not acceptable, so change it to wav, and so on...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!