Thursday Night At Pontins

Guest in town Mikey

Guest in town Mikey

I'm sure the SSCDT will be having some influence on proceedings over the weekend at some stage, but is anyone on here going to be there on Thursday night?

Do you fancy meeting in the pub, and having the odd pint or two?

And what about a Soul Source hour?

Any of the DJs that coming on here got a spot over the weekend? Maybe we can get a few 'Out on the floor's' or 'Entertainer's' played.

Actually, what should the tracks be chosen for a Soul Source hour??

The two I mentioned, maybe Larry Houston for Pete S?? whistling.gif What else?

Social source share

• Replies 30
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I'm sure the SSCDT will be having some influence on proceedings over the weekend at some stage, but is anyone on here going to be there on Thursday night?

Do you fancy meeting in the pub, and having the odd pint or two?

And what about a Soul Source hour?

Any of the DJs that coming on here got a spot over the weekend? Maybe we can get a few 'Out on the floor's' or 'Entertainer's' played.

Actually, what should the tracks be chosen for a Soul Source hour??

The two I mentioned, maybe Larry Houston for Pete S?? whistling.gif   What else?

link

The In Crowd ?

Social source share

How about the records that seem to be hated by most but, seem to garner the most mentions here??

Rufus Lumley-Stronger..

How does anybody like this whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

The In Crowd ?

link

tis a good call whistling.gif:ohmy: though the record that was supposed to take over as the anthem when OOTF peaked :D was Bobby Hebb Love, love, love but that never caught the wave of poliararity that OOTF did.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Hi Mikey

I have a spot on Friday in the Pub 2pm...Well up for a pint or ten...No requests for that stuff above please...

link

Cool Stevie.

Will stick the heating on in Andy BBs chalet, and pop over for a listen.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Ok but at least play the Casualeers............ whistling.gif

link

cracking request.

As is Bobby Hebb. That was 'our' song for the first Cleethorpes we went to.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Hi Mikey

Stubbsy, Dave G, Geoff and I will be there Thursday afternoon mate. See you in there.

Paul

SITC

link

My liver just groaned. whistling.gif

Social source share

Cool Stevie.

Will stick the heating on in Andy BBs chalet, and pop over for a listen.

link

To be Honest I'm a bit miffed that SSCDT has been overlooked, as regards to being given at least one spot over the weekend at Prestatyn. The SSCDT is now a major force on the U.K soul scene, and you only have to look at how we packed the 100 club in january. I think promoters should take note when putting on future weekenders......... whistling.gif

Social source share

To be Honest I'm a bit miffed that SSCDT has been overlooked, as regards to being given at least one spot over the weekend at Prestatyn. The SSCDT is now a major force on the U.K soul scene, and you only have to look at how we packed the 100 club in january.   I think promoters should take note when putting on future weekenders......... whistling.gif

link

In fact I think we should be given our own room......... :ohmy:

Edited by johnmay
Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Hi Mikey

I have a spot

...No requests for stuff please...

link

Stevie it really is best if you don't squeeze them they fester you know

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

In fact I think we should be given our own room......... :ohmy:

link

There are those that would argue that we should be locked in our own room John whistling.gif:D:D

Social source share

In fact I think we should be given our own room......... whistling.gif

link

Well I was hoping to have a kind of chill out saturday, thats why I mentioned about having a little space to play some rocksteady stuff, I can bring some decks and an amp and that but the chalet I'm in is metered so that probably wouldn't be the best idea.

Social source share

Well I was hoping to have a kind of chill out saturday, thats why I mentioned about having a little space to play some rocksteady stuff, I can bring some decks and an amp and that but the chalet I'm in is metered so that probably wouldn't be the best idea.

link

Nice Idea Pete...... whistling.gif

Social source share

link

...Or maybe that's a good thing whistling.gif:ohmy:

Edited by Tony Smith
Social source share

Just got a meesage that a freind can't make it to Prestatyn..She was gonna drive down a give me a lift...If there is anyone going Thursday teatime then could i please have a lift from Manchester or could meet you at another station,Preston,Lancaster,Wigan,Warrinton,Liverpool etc...I would pay for the petrol...Drop me a line...email..stevecato64@yahoo.co.uk

Social source share

Guest glyn-w

Yeah ive herd of them speeding up the ellectrick meter :ohmy: all you have to do (if you aint got a magnet) is to take some putty whith you..make a mould of a fifty pence , or a squid , fill it up whith water, freez it, and use it in the meter...All thay get in the tray is water whistling.gif

Social source share

To be Honest I'm a bit miffed that SSCDT has been overlooked, as regards to being given at least one spot over the weekend at Prestatyn. The SSCDT is now a major force on the U.K soul scene, and you only have to look at how we packed the 100 club in january.  I think promoters should take note when putting on future weekenders......... whistling.gif

link

Well said John, not to mention the crowds at Manchester, goodness me even a coach party was organised from London cause the SSCDT were playing :ohmy:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!