• Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Richard Bergman

No but they were supposed to be the team of the 80s

Sorry, I couldnt resisit.

I am a weak man.

link

Jim Cannon / Vince Hilaire - the names roll ofF the tongue don't they !!!!

Edited by Richard Bergman
Social source share

No but they were supposed to be the team of the 80s

Sorry, I couldnt resisit.

I am a weak man.

link

This may be duplicate reply and hence not so witty but

I think the goalposts would have got in the way of the dance floor - maybe thats where CPFC went wrong whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Jim Cannon  / Vince Hilaire -  the names roll of the tounge don't they !!!!

link

mis heard lyric.

I was sure in the song La Bamba, they were singing this:

Oi Vince Hilaire, Oi Vinve Hilaire...Bamba bamba, Bamba, Bamba.

Dont know what it means tho. My Spanish is Pall Mall, as they say in Peckham.

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

the names roll of the tounge don't they !!!!

link

Which particular TOUNGE was that Mr Orton :D Perhaps that particular tounge was twisted whistling.gif:ohmy:

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

Which particular TOUNGE was that Mr Orton  :ohmy: Perhaps that particular tounge was twisted  whistling.gif   :D

link

Whoops :D

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

Supposed to be, can't remember them winning owt worthwhile though  :lol:   :)

link

A corner once if memory serves me correct whistling.gif

Social source share

Does anyone remember the Palace in Rhyl in the 70s

link

Yes, Brilliant place to go on a Sunday night to wind down the weekend after returning home from a weekend of dayers / nighters. Tiled dancefloor complete with windblown sand so you didn't need talc. Massive lady DJ who played mostly soul / northern. Only problem was th last train from Rhyl left too early, had to thumb it home to "the junction" many a Sunday night.

Social source share

Jim Cannon  / Vince Hilaire -  the names roll ofF the tongue don't they !!!!

link

aah .......... vince hilaire. a favourite player of mine when at portsmouth too. a few years ago i ended up living in the flat above him in portsmouth. it was a bit of a shock for me the first time i walked past him on the stairs ..... i was waiting for him to dive!!

i remember i got a phone call from british gas one day asking if i knew his whereabouts!

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

Pat Swallow was the female DJ, way ahead of her time for a female DJ, I also did little spots there myself, so did Richie Andrews and Alan Taylor.

Each night kicked off with Joy Lovejoy "In Orbit"

Some of Soulies who attended the Orbit disco underneath the Palace Hotel.

Mark Speakman, Richie Andrews, Joe Dunlop, Van Astbury (Now in Oz), John Jackson(lives down South now but paid a visit to the Prestatyn w/e), Andy Barlow

Calvin Johnson, Jeff Hollis, Hazel, Val Clegg, Anne who's now as Trevor's better half. 100's of others but my minds a bit blank after the Prestatyn w/ender.

I remember first record I heard there was First Choice "This is the house were love died" being played as a new release, most probably by Ritchie Andrews.

I DJ'd at the Palace reunion a few years back it was a great night. Pattie even came along and borrowed my records for a little spot, memories. we should have another one.

Social source share

Yes, Brilliant place to go on a Sunday night to wind down the weekend after returning home from a weekend of dayers / nighters.  Tiled dancefloor complete with windblown sand so you didn't need talc.  Massive lady DJ who played mostly soul / northern.  Only problem was th last train from Rhyl left too early, had to thumb it home to "the junction" many a Sunday night.

link

The "Massive Lady DJ" was Pat Swallow, and yes it was great to go there to wind down on a sunday. after about 74 though we used to go to the dixieland in Rhyl - I think, my memory isn't what it was.

Social source share

Pat Swallow was the female DJ, way ahead of her time for a female DJ, I also did little spots there myself, so did Richie Andrews and Alan Taylor. 

Each night kicked off with Joy Lovejoy "In Orbit"

Some of Soulies who attended the Orbit disco underneath the Palace Hotel.

Mark Speakman, Richie Andrews, Joe Dunlop, Van Astbury (Now in Oz), John Jackson(lives down South now but paid a visit to the Prestatyn w/e), Andy Barlow

Calvin Johnson, Jeff Hollis, Hazel, Val Clegg, Anne who's now as Trevor's better half.  100's of others but my minds a bit blank after the Prestatyn w/ender.

I remember first record I heard there was First Choice "This is the house were love died" being played as a new release, most probably by Ritchie Andrews.

I DJ'd at the Palace reunion a few years back it was a great night.  Pattie even came along and borrowed my records for a little spot, memories. we should have another one.

link

Shame you didn't read my original post before Prestatyn we could of had a reunion there.

chrissieo AKA chrissie kemp

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

Shame you didn't read my original post before Prestatyn we could of had a reunion there.

chrissieo AKA chrissie kemp

link

I was selling records in Prestatyn, in between Sam and Joe Dunlop, John Jackson was also hanging around as well as other local soulies, I will have to catch up at the next one. Were else do you go? and were are you living now? Broughton is on Saturday it's well worth a visit.

Social source share

I was selling records in Prestatyn, in between Sam and Joe Dunlop, John Jackson was also hanging around as well as other local soulies, I will have to catch up at the next one. Were else do you go? and were are you living now? Broughton is on Saturday it's well worth a visit.

link

will pm you

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

The "Massive Lady DJ" was Pat Swallow, and yes it was great to go there to wind down on a sunday.  after about 74 though we used to go to the dixieland in Rhyl - I think, my memory isn't what it was.

link

Yes Sunday nights late on we all used to go to the Dixie, Alan Taylor used to DJ there along with Jimmy Aspinall if I remember correctly.

Social source share

link

Can't make this saturday although am in rhyl as its mum's 80th.

Yes it was Jimmy Aspinall that used to DJ the dixie.

The scene down here is good but a bit chauvanist , they think women don't know anything about NS. So I just pretend to be a bit dumb and then title drop something a bit off the wall and get gobsmaked looks. Have some good DJ's down here and some good gigs, but I don't go very often as non of my female friends are into NS and it tends to be very much a MAN thing.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!