South Coast Soul Party

Guest SteveC

Simply Soul music without boundaries.

Due to Russ Vickers illness and consequently the postponement of his welcome home party we still have a booking for the venue THEREFORE on

FRIDAY 23RD NOVEMBER 2007

at

THE RACECOURSE SNOOKER CLUB

A27, NORTH HARBOUR, COSHAM, NR PORTSMOUTH (opposite Tesco's and Golden Tulip hotel)

A CRAZY NIGHT AT A FANTASTIC VENUE WITHOUT POLITICS, ONEUPMANSHIP OR EXCESSIVE SERIOUS SOUL POLICING (whatever that means) - IN ESSENCE FUN AND SOUL

ENTRANCE IS FREE WITH A REQUEST FOR A DONATION DURING THE NIGHT TO COVER THE COST OF THE VENUE (£50)

PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A LIGHT HEARTED EVENT ENCOMPASSING A CHRISTMAS/THE VICKERS HOMECOMING/SOUTHERN SOUL MOVEMENT v UPTOWN DOWNSOUTH v SOLENT SOUL CLUB PARTY WITH A FINISH BEYOND THE SCHEDULED 2AM SHOULD ENOUGH PEOPLE ATTEND AND A BONUS FOR SMOKERS wink.gif BUT REST ASSURED THE MUSIC IS GUARANTEED TO BE OF THE HIGHEST QUALITY AND TOTALLY ACROSS THE BOARD

ALL DJ'S WILL BE ASKED TO PROVIDE THEIR SERVICES FOR FREE AND SO FAR INCLUDE: RUSS VICKERS, DAVE ABBOTT, MOLLY, STEVE C AND MANY MORE TBC

There is currently no plans to produce fliers for this event and should they appear they will probably be in biro wink.gif so word of mouth and soul source are our only advertising ploy - this confirms that this is not a serious promotional venture and also, sadly, a way of saying goodbye to a venue which hosted many a good night and is being pulled down at the end of the year. Your verbal advertising would be greatly appreciated.

Further info: pm SteveC or e-mail s.csordas@ntlworld.com

• Replies 82
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Simply Soul music without boundaries.

Due to Russ Vickers illness and consequently the postponement of his welcome home party we still have a booking for the venue THEREFORE on

FRIDAY 23RD NOVEMBER 2007

at

THE RACECOURSE SNOOKER CLUB

A27, NORTH HARBOUR, COSHAM, NR PORTSMOUTH (opposite Tesco's and Golden Tulip hotel)

A CRAZY NIGHT AT A FANTASTIC VENUE WITHOUT POLITICS, ONEUPMANSHIP OR EXCESSIVE SERIOUS SOUL POLICING (whatever that means) - IN ESSENCE FUN AND SOUL

ENTRANCE IS FREE WITH A REQUEST FOR A DONATION DURING THE NIGHT TO COVER THE COST OF THE VENUE (£50)

PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A LIGHT HEARTED EVENT ENCOMPASSING A CHRISTMAS/THE VICKERS HOMECOMING/SOUTHERN SOUL MOVEMENT v UPTOWN DOWNSOUTH v SOLENT SOUL CLUB PARTY WITH A FINISH BEYOND THE SCHEDULED 2AM SHOULD ENOUGH PEOPLE ATTEND AND A BONUS FOR SMOKERS wink.gif BUT REST ASSURED THE MUSIC IS GUARANTEED TO BE OF THE HIGHEST QUALITY AND TOTALLY ACROSS THE BOARD

ALL DJ'S WILL BE ASKED TO PROVIDE THEIR SERVICES FOR FREE AND SO FAR INCLUDE: RUSS VICKERS, DAVE ABBOTT, MOLLY, STEVE C AND MANY MORE TBC

There is currently no plans to produce fliers for this event and should they appear they will probably be in biro wink.gif so word of mouth and soul source are our only advertising ploy - this confirms that this is not a serious promotional venture and also, sadly, a way of saying goodbye to a venue which hosted many a good night and is being pulled down at the end of the year. Your verbal advertising would be greatly appreciated.

Further info: pm SteveC or e-mail s.csordas@ntlworld.com

bIG

Many thanks to Steve for taking the trouble to get this together...........particularly as I buggered the first date up :D:P:lol: . Looking forward to hopefully seeing you all there & if you dont know me.......still feel free to come along hear some great soul music, dance into the wee hours & check out my war wounds.

As Steve say's please spread the word & if any of you know anyone not on SS who knows Jenny or I please tell them we're expecting them.no excuses.

Russ

Edited by Russ Vickers

Steve, after the nite you & the crowd could drive to Stansted, get a plane, and come to Pisa for my B'day Bash... it would be fantastic see all of you in Pisa... :lol:

Steve, after the nite you & the crowd could drive to Stansted, get a plane, and come to Pisa for my B'day Bash... it would be fantastic see all of you in Pisa... :(

:ohmy: pazzo cazzo Roccia wink.gif Tu se quaranta, io quaranta e cingue (molto vecchio) - besides with enough in this will undoubtedly turn into a niter my friend.

We'll be thinking of you playing with Ginger :ohmy::lol: and will raise a glass for you. Love to all over there.

Bloody hell Steve, how big is the venue...........my in box is full of people who are coming down or up, or whatever, thanks again matey............spread the word............the boys are back in town !!!!!

Russ

Bigger than Abshott :lol: if you include the smoking room - whoops!!!!!! I meant the back room adjacent to the front of the dancefloor

• 2 weeks later...

The Boy's Are Back In Town !!!

Well we've managed to get a lot of the South Coast Spinners together in one room & confirmed are:

Jason Desmond Molly Disco Dave Abbott Steve C

Andy 'The' Mann & some bloke Russ Vickers !!!!!.

and very special guest James Trouble

Tis the first time in over 4yrs that these reprobates have been in the same room together, so expect some fun & games alongside the best soul music you will hear any where.

6ts, 7ts,8ts, 9ts, Y2k Northern, Modern, Xover alongside all the other Funky groovy soulful sounds you can think of too.

An absolutely massive response to this, so looks like all of the South Coast Crew will be back together alongside, a lot of friends who are travelling especially for this.

Everyone is welcome, the more the merrier, free entry, cheap beer, potential if demand is there to go much later than the 2am licence, seperate indoor smoking area & the very best soul people & soul music you will hear on the planet !!!!!!

We want to see you there, to welcome me home & buy me a beer & to kick start the old gang back into action.

Edited by Russ Vickers

There's a Hotel literally 5 mins away, used to be called the Harbour Lights not sure if it still is, there is also a Marriot near by, suggest Portsmoth tourist info..............unless Steve can enlighten us further.

Russ

Its still called Harbour Lights Russ, But it's not a hotel.... There are 3 hotels almost on top of each other and all within staggering distance - Premier Inn; The Tulip and the Marriot

https://www.premierinn.com/pti/hotelInforma...&rw.cm=,PPC

https://www.tulipinnportsmouth.co.uk/

Edited by Dave Abbott
Guest soul diva

Just booked a travelodge - which is only 3.1 miles away for £29.00 if anyone is looking for accommodation.

Bit further out than the others, but lovely and cheap.............

thumbup.gif:thumbup:

Sorry folks - been off the site for a while - will have to get my finger out for the 23rd. Dig the system out and check it thru etc etc.

Debs - which Travel Lodge was it you booked up - £29 is brilliant but if the numbers are good I can't see you getting much sleep there :wave:

Guest soul diva

Sorry folks - been off the site for a while - will have to get my finger out for the 23rd. Dig the system out and check it thru etc etc.

Debs - which Travel Lodge was it you booked up - £29 is brilliant but if the numbers are good I can't see you getting much sleep there :wave:

Link for the travelodge

https://www.travelodge.co.uk/saver_search/r...th&id=19942

I always book a bed somewhere..... just in case I get the chance to sleep for an hour!!!

Guest soul diva

not sure if the link worked ....

Details of the Travelodge

Travelodge Portsmouth Hotel

Kingston Crescent, Garfield Road, North End

Portsmouth PO2 8AB

Tel: 0871 984 6208

Fax: 02392 639121

Hope that helps - rooms still available for £29.00

Edited by soul diva
  • 2 weeks later...

The Boy's Are Back In Town !!!

Well we've managed to get a lot of the South Coast Spinners together in one room & confirmed are:

Jason Desmond Molly Disco Dave Abbott Steve C

Andy 'The' Mann & some bloke Russ Vickers !!!!!.

Tis the first time in over 4yrs that these reprobates have been in the same room together, so expect some fun & games alongside the best soul music you will hear any where.

6ts, 7ts,8ts, 9ts, Y2k Northern, Modern, Xover alongside all the other Funky groovy soulful sounds you can think of too.

An absolutely massive response to this, so looks like all of the South Coast Crew will be back together alongside, a lot of friends who are travelling especially for this.

Everyone is welcome, the more the merrier, free entry, cheap beer, potential if demand is there to go much later than the 2am licence, seperate indoor smoking area & the very best soul people & soul music you will hear on the planet !!!!!!

We want to see you there, to welcome me home & buy me a beer & to kick start the old gang back into action.

Just a gentle reminder to put this in your diary, not far away now & its buzzin' all welcome remember..........& dont forget your passports, you dont know what might happen here :lol: well, apart from some classy rare soul of course.

Anyway, who's comin' ????.

Russ

Guest outonthefloor

Hi all

We might try and make it down for this one

Will any of u be supportin Chris n Moldie at their birthday party on the 17th

Hopefully i will meet some of you there,

Helen

XXXX

Guest outonthefloor

Hopefully if I get an invite :lol: .

Russ

Hey Russ moldie says he'll hold tickets on the door for u

pm me how many u need n ita be sorted

Good luck wiv this nite will try n make it down

sounds like a solid nite

Helen

XXXXX

Hey Russ moldie says he'll hold tickets on the door for u

pm me how many u need n ita be sorted

Good luck wiv this nite will try n make it down

sounds like a solid nite

Helen

XXXXX

Hopefully all being well David & I will be going together, well not TOGETHER, but you know what I mean, so just the one, please. I'll let you know if wifet type is going to venture out.

Russ

Hey, hey - Sal and I are making the journey West down to you and to give the place the send-off it deserves (and to welcome Russ home, of course). Can't wait!! :unsure:

Thats fantastic news Steve. Be good to see you both. Anyone else from Eastbourne making the trip Steve? :D apart from Debs

Won't be able to make it Russ but i'm sure we'll catch up soon mate.

Derek Jack

We will Derek, looking forward to seeing you real soon mate.........we need to have a good chat & catch up.

Looking forward to seeing you soon Steve too.

This is really gonna be a belter........just what we need, get the crowd together, say hello to everyone that Jenny & i havnt seen for soooo long (cant wait) but as importantly, we can find out if you lot want a regular event in the area, if your up for it, i/we can make it happen. If the potential is there we'll be dropping the bomb on a venue near you soon, come & get a taster for a Rare Soul night with music from across the decades including the odd contemporary release aswell as everything else. The South Coast has always been a hot bed for the very best soul music, lets keep honouring that great tradition.

BTW Carol Csordas has her birthday the day before, so im sure she'll be celebrating here too, so lets give Carol a Birthday to remember.

Russ

We will Derek, looking forward to seeing you real soon mate.........we need to have a good chat & catch up.

This is really gonna be a belter........just what we need, get the crowd together, say hello to everyone that Jenny & i havnt seen for soooo long (cant wait) but as importantly, we can find out if you lot want a regular event in the area, if your up for it, i/we can make it happen. If the potential is there we'll be dropping the bomb on a venue near you soon, come & get a taster for a Rare Soul night with music from across the decades including the odd contemporary release aswell as everything else. The South Coast has always been a hot bed for the very best soul music, lets keep honouring that great tradition.

BTW Carol Csordas has her birthday the day before, so im sure she'll be celebrating here too, so lets give Carol a Birthday to remember.

Russ

No excuses now...............The South Coast Soul Family are about due a reunion of sorts..........you know you wanna.

Russ

No excuses now...............The South Coast Soul Family are about due a reunion of sorts..........you know you wanna.

Russ

Stop press: .................just heard that one of the best, new DJ's in the country may make a special guest apperance.........if so expect the night to crank up another notch ph34r.gif ...............can it get any better folks.............watch this space.

Very excited & slightly moist...........Russ

Best bring plastic sheeting when travelling in my car on our road trips then- don't want you emulating one of our other south coast brothers old habits do we :rolleyes::ohmy::thumbup:

Best bring plastic sheeting when travelling in my car on our road trips then- don't want you emulating one of our other south coast brothers old habits do we :thumbup::ohmy::thumbup:

Plastic sheet at the ready...............champagne on ice, choonz sauteed :rolleyes: .............we're off & running !!!!

Russ

Edited by Russ Vickers

Stop press: .................just heard that one of the best, new DJ's in the country may make a special guest apperance.........if so expect the night to crank up another notch :rolleyes: ...............can it get any better folks.............watch this space.

Russ, all those comments fit me - apart from the new bit. And the best bit. And the DJ bit. And the moist bit :no:

Russ

Just giving this a little bump..........after the great weekend end just gone looking forward to seeing all of you on Friday, all welcome & goes without saying cracking sounds & the very best of company.

See ya there.............

Russ

Just giving this a little bump..........after the great weekend end just gone looking forward to seeing all of you on Friday, all welcome & goes without saying cracking sounds & the very best of company.

See ya there.............

Russ

Yes indeed looking forward to this Russ,been sorting out a few sounds and looking forward to a excellent night of great music and even better company which is going to make for a TOP TOP NIGHT, not long now

all the best

ANDY MANN :thumbsup: