South Coast Soul Party

Guest SteveC

Yes indeed looking forward to this Russ,been sorting out a few sounds and looking forward to a excellent night of great music and even better company which is going to make for a TOP TOP NIGHT, not long now

all the best

ANDY MANN :thumbsup:

Andy..........cant wait to see you & Carol, loads of other people too that Jenny & i have missed for the last few years.........a great night ahead methinks, only four more sleeps :thumbsup: .

Russ

• Replies 82
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Simply Soul music without boundaries.

Due to Russ Vickers illness and consequently the postponement of his welcome home party we still have a booking for the venue THEREFORE on

FRIDAY 23RD NOVEMBER 2007

at

THE RACECOURSE SNOOKER CLUB

A27, NORTH HARBOUR, COSHAM, NR PORTSMOUTH (opposite Tesco's and Golden Tulip hotel)

A CRAZY NIGHT AT A FANTASTIC VENUE WITHOUT POLITICS, ONEUPMANSHIP OR EXCESSIVE SERIOUS SOUL POLICING (whatever that means) - IN ESSENCE FUN AND SOUL

ENTRANCE IS FREE WITH A REQUEST FOR A DONATION DURING THE NIGHT TO COVER THE COST OF THE VENUE (£50)

PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A LIGHT HEARTED EVENT ENCOMPASSING A CHRISTMAS/THE VICKERS HOMECOMING/SOUTHERN SOUL MOVEMENT v UPTOWN DOWNSOUTH v SOLENT SOUL CLUB PARTY WITH A FINISH BEYOND THE SCHEDULED 2AM SHOULD ENOUGH PEOPLE ATTEND AND A BONUS FOR SMOKERS :lol: BUT REST ASSURED THE MUSIC IS GUARANTEED TO BE OF THE HIGHEST QUALITY AND TOTALLY ACROSS THE BOARD

ALL DJ'S WILL BE ASKED TO PROVIDE THEIR SERVICES FOR FREE AND SO FAR INCLUDE: RUSS VICKERS, DAVE ABBOTT, MOLLY, STEVE C AND MANY MORE TBC

There is currently no plans to produce fliers for this event and should they appear they will probably be in biro :no: so word of mouth and soul source are our only advertising ploy - this confirms that this is not a serious promotional venture and also, sadly, a way of saying goodbye to a venue which hosted many a good night and is being pulled down at the end of the year. Your verbal advertising would be greatly appreciated.

Further info: pm SteveC or e-mail s.csordas@ntlworld.com

Loads of interest which is logical really - nowt on on the south coast this weekend so this is building up to be a great party with some top sounds evident by the growing list of top spinners. JT and Andy Mann to name but 2.

Loads of interest which is logical really - nowt on on the south coast this weekend so this is building up to be a great party with some top sounds evident by the growing list of top spinners. JT and Andy Mann to name but 2.

Yeah I'm looking fwd to it...should be a good un. Havent told her I'm off up to junction 11 the next day after football yet. :thumbsup:

The Boy's Are Back In Town !!!

Well we've managed to get a lot of the South Coast Spinners together in one room & confirmed are:

Jason Desmond Molly Disco Dave Abbott Steve C

Andy 'The' Mann & some bloke Russ Vickers !!!!!.

and very special guest James Trouble

Tis the first time in over 4yrs that these reprobates have been in the same room together, so expect some fun & games alongside the best soul music you will hear any where.

6ts, 7ts,8ts, 9ts, Y2k Northern, Modern, Xover alongside all the other Funky groovy soulful sounds you can think of too.

An absolutely massive response to this, so looks like all of the South Coast Crew will be back together alongside, a lot of friends who are travelling especially for this.

Everyone is welcome, the more the merrier, free entry, cheap beer, potential if demand is there to go much later than the 2am licence, seperate indoor smoking area & the very best soul people & soul music you will hear on the planet !!!!!!

We want to see you there, to welcome me home & buy me a beer & to kick start the old gang back into action.

Just to confirm to an already bangin' line up the one & only...........

James Trouble

wow.......its gonna be a dynamite night !!!!!!!!

Edited by Russ Vickers

Got the headphones out and found a bit of an intermittent problem in the left lugole; but that could have been the washing machine noise from the next room - still, taking no chances and am taking them to work tomorrow to get some re-soldering carried out :thumbsup:

Didn't really want to use my cordless ones Dave. Can u remember the hassle we used to have with them not working or the bats running out :(:thumbsup:

Unfortunately, Sal and I are not able to make this tomorrow night, as babysitter situation has gone t*ts up at the last minute :thumbsup:

We have a room booked at the Travelodge at Portsmouth - if it is of any use to anyone they are welcome to have it for £20 for the night (family room). Just send me a PM and we can sort it out.

Hope to catch up with you all soon.

Steve & Sal

EASTBOURNE

Edited by Woolie2003

Unfortunately, Sal and I are not able to make this tomorrow night, as babysitter situation has gone t*ts up at the last minute :D

We have a room booked at the Travelodge at Portsmouth - if it is of any use to anyone they are welcome to have it for £20 for the night (family room). Just send me a PM and we can sort it out.

Steve & Sal

EASTBOURNE

Sad news. Was looking forward to seeing you both. Keep in touch guys. If thats the travelodge across the road its literally 30 seconds from the venue folks so any l8 decision makers contact woolie quick for prime accom.

its times like this when I wish I were still a Suvvener..... or didn't have any responsibilities so I could travel

knowing you naughty people like I do, you won't need me to cause mayhem :D

have a great time Russ, and make sure that every single person in attendance tells you that they love you and they've missed you at least once......

love you, miss you, hope to see you soon (offer of a bed is always here if you and Jenny wanna play out at a do near me)

its times like this when I wish I were still a Suvvener..... or didn't have any responsibilities so I could travel

knowing you naughty people like I do, you won't need me to cause mayhem :D

have a great time Russ, and make sure that every single person in attendance tells you that they love you and they've missed you at least once......

love you, miss you, hope to see you soon (offer of a bed is always here if you and Jenny wanna play out at a do near me)

Thank you Kirsty.your a sweetie............hope to see you real soon...........how is Louise BTW, please give her our love.

Russ

Anyone undecided what thier doing tonite & having a trawl, rest assured you will not be disapointed if you pitch up, numbers pending, this is potentially an Allnight session, ultimately down to the managers discretion, but going on past events, if there are enough people to make it worth his while we're up and running...............whooooooooooooooooosssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!. The more the merrier..............so go on you know you want it !!!!

All overly excited...........no sleeps to go, baby sitter sorted, choons sorted & boy have we got some tuneage for ya, lets tear the roof of the place !!!.

Russ

Edited by Russ Vickers
Guest soulmanherts

well me and deb (from eastbourne) are all sorted ...even our dog is going to a dog sitter tonight..looking forward to it, hope it goes on till late, and my dancing legs hold out..yyeehhaaa

Guest soul diva

Unfortunately, Sal and I are not able to make this tomorrow night, as babysitter situation has gone t*ts up at the last minute :D

Steve & Sal

Hey Steve & Sal

We live in the same town - but never bump into you guys, so I thought at least we'd catch up in Portsmouth and now you're not going !!!

Catch up soon

Debs x

Really looking forward to tonight. As I don't get out much anymore, I've pressed the Spencers, treated myself to some new patches for my vest, bought some new talc, washed my beer towel and had my 'tache trimmed. If you want Steve, I'll bring my MP3 player full of sounds in case you want me to do a spot. I've got the Snake, Frank Wilson and loads more on it. :D

See yah tonight.

Soul Dad

It's here at last, just been down the post office and picked up a album ( i might give it a spin tonight see what happens )

Anyway records packed ( enough for 10hrs at least ) just been playing some bits and bobs oh the memories, not sure what to play but I'm sure I'll think of something to get the party going and that dance floor flowing ( i know the beer will be )

Hope you've got the Dancing shoes on Russ, i know i will be hitting that dance floor .

I'm so excited must calm down a bit got to go to work in a while.

HOPE TO SEE AND CATCH UP WITH LOTS OF FELLOW SOUL SOURCERS, PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF PLEASE, ALL THE BEST DREW :D

Hey Steve & Sal

We live in the same town - but never bump into you guys, so I thought at least we'd catch up in Portsmouth and now you're not going !!!

Catch up soon

Debs x

Hope we can catch up at some point - you know what having two kids is like, you just never seem to get out anymore!!

Never mind, they'll soon be old enough to look after themselves and then we'll be out on the razz again (with zimmer frames!)

Really looking forward to tonight. As I don't get out much anymore, I've pressed the Spencers, treated myself to some new patches for my vest, bought some new talc, washed my beer towel and had my 'tache trimmed. If you want Steve, I'll bring my MP3 player full of sounds in case you want me to do a spot. I've got the Snake, Frank Wilson and loads more on it. rolleyes.gif

See yah tonight.

Soul Dad

You dare!!!! Got to leave Russ some sounds to play :D

Right off to load the car with the sound system etc

Edited by SteveC

Anyone undecided what thier doing tonite & having a trawl, rest assured you will not be disapointed if you pitch up, numbers pending, this is potentially an Allnight session, ultimately down to the managers discretion, but going on past events, if there are enough people to make it worth his while we're up and running...............whooooooooooooooooosssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!. The more the merrier..............so go on you know you want it !!!!

All overly excited...........no sleeps to go, baby sitter sorted, choons sorted & boy have we got some tuneage for ya, lets tear the roof of the place !!!.

Russ