• Replies 7
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Johnny One Trout

We have 3 of these lying around somewhere and they are all different, don't worry about it, great record. As Rich said probably different pressing plants it was a fairly big seller.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Perhaps we could try to get a good list of tracks like these. Not just Records where one is green and another yellow, but songs where the labels are a totally different design.

Voices of East Harlem springs to mind. 2 or is it 3 different designs, all considered to be originals.

Social source share

I think a lot of different labels of 45's are just down to different pressing plants, simply they didn't have the same colour paper, or the italic printing device as another plant, have read this somewhere (probably on here). Guess it was just pure economics of the time.

Edited by Brett
Social source share

going back to the early 80s and the excellent Blackbeat magazine - I remember an article by Tim Ashibende about the Velvet Satins and the variations in label designs - issues/demos, west coast/east coast, even a Canadian I believe. I think (and I'm not entirely sure) that he had uncovered something like 17 different label versions.

Social source share

I was just wondering if the different writing on the labels meant anything?  :huh:post-1182-1109720854_thumb.jpg

post-1182-1109720867_thumb.jpg

Anyway, still got a bargain only $1.99 (about a quid!).  whistling.gif

link

They are from different pressing plants. Often west cost styrene copies of records have larger type on them, e.g have a look at Motown pressings.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!