Sunnysoul

• Replies 16
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Just occurred to me that whenever this turns up, it usually seems to be the white demos , whereas mine is a red issue copy. Is the issue a lot harder to come across ? What are the current values for demo and stock then ?

If it helps, stock copy is DOG-RARE! we've not had a copy since the early 80s or before.

Social source share

Just occurred to me that whenever this turns up, it usually seems to be the white demos , whereas mine is a red issue copy. Is the issue a lot harder to come across ? What are the current values for demo and stock then ?

Never ever seen one..........always wondered if it actually had a propper release........must be extremely rare as John confirms.

Russ

Social source share

post-5094-1192573157_thumb.jpg

Is this what you want to see?

Not mind though, like most who have a copy, it's a white demo!

Hi John

It's my copy

I have never seen a proper regular label 'issue' label of it, I always thought this was like a test pressing as it has 'master' stamped on the label

Lovely 45, still can't believe this was a B side!

Bought a demo about 20 years ago off Soul Bowl, then found this about 5 years ago on Gemm :wicked:

Not sure of current value :lol:

regards

Paul

Social source share

Yep, my red issue is exactly like this but there's no ugly master stamp on mine !

Brilliant record and so few of the red issues around.

I'm sure there just has to be be some interesting behind the scenes stories about this record , what with it being the first release on the label , and the scarcity of the record , perhaps it was pulled because of legal issues over the cover of the UK hit They're Coming To Take Me Away ..... and did Rose Brooks do anything else ?

Social source share

Yep, my red issue is exactly like this but there's no ugly master stamp on mine !

Brilliant record and so few of the red issues around.

I'm sure there just has to be be some interesting behind the scenes stories about this record , what with it being the first release on the label , and the scarcity of the record , perhaps it was pulled because of legal issues over the cover of the UK hit They're Coming To Take Me Away ..... and did Rose Brooks do anything else ?

And what a flip! So soulful, such pathos :wicked:

Social source share

im sure i remember blake hellewells mate kev johnson having a red issue in the mid 90s. He sold his records to tim brown

brownie must have kept that for himself as i cant remember him listing it. ive seen plenty of white ones in varying degrees

of condition, indeed some dont play very well at all. and its true there coming to take me away is a stunning version

of napoleon 14th released at the same time altho rose didnt take a share of the chart honours :unsure:

dave

Social source share

ive seen plenty of white ones in varying degrees

of condition, indeed some dont play very well at all.

dave

Agreed, my copy looks as if it's been 'skimmed' across a car park :ohmy:

But it plays reasonably well and wasn't all that expensive - but a red one would be nice! :ohmy:

Don't know about Kev Johnno's copy though - but he has had some nice things so it wouldn't surprise me :unsure:

Social source share

• 11 years later...

#3 on American BillBoard by orig artist. Soul City, owned by Johnny Rivers must have thought a cover of an instant hit would get his label off to a great start, but alas didn’t work out. But for us Brits that was fortunate (IMO). 

Regarding Red Issue, never seen one.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!