Flamingos 70's Version Of Lover Come Back

Hi All

Found a bunch of these a while back, sold them all on the same day at the last Lifeline weekender. Really nice 70's crossover version of Lover come back to me on Polydor. Will try and put up sound clip if I can get the hang of this new system. Anyone got any more info on the band's line up at the time.

Edited by Dave Thorley
Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Could well be Dave - For some reason I've got '72 in my head but could be wrong!

Rich

I think think about me is later, around '74 or '75. I agree that that one is very good. I also like "got to have all your loving" on ronze and "keeps the doctor away" on phillips.

Social source share

Just tried one thru ebay at a tenner with no takers....I dont actually think its that good, and i dont really think its a version of the other Detroit "Lover come back"....its actually a recut of their 1959 doo-wop hit of the same name i believe...

Sorry Dave, its all about opinions!

And no, i have`nt got one for sale at a tenner!

Chris

Social source share

Just tried one thru ebay at a tenner with no takers....I dont actually think its that good, and i dont really think its a version of the other Detroit "Lover come back"....its actually a recut of their 1959 doo-wop hit of the same name i believe...

Sorry Dave, its all about opinions!

And no, i have`nt got one for sale at a tenner!

Chris

It is a re-make of their doo-wop tune. I love it, maybe a bit slow for the dance floor. But that lead singer belts it out when he gets going :unsure:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!