Cleveland Robinson - Boy

Guest Doctor Bird

Guest Doctor Bird

Heard Cleveland Robinson - Boy was issued four times on Nosnibor, are these all the same versions (guess not), and what's the value for the ultimate version (just heard the one on Soulclub--> awesome), what about his other stuff on Nosnibor (with exception of Love Is Trap), other goodies by him on the label???????

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest enchantedrythm

Best version IMO is

nosnibor 106

light blue label

slow version from millionaires CD

the gasher

link

106 is good, but i prefere 1011b, production is better and something seems more polished, which in turn makes it more earthy, the way it should be.

Dont know if the other releases are any less or more, ive only ever come across the two, well three if you count the two different labels on the blue 106, or is one not as it seems???

Flip side of 1011b is" Somebody to Love " which is also a great track.

Incidently the misses associates "boy" with "The Snake", both in structure of the sound and also the lyrics echo a similiar trait----fascinating eh?

post-1914-1109961804_thumb.jpg

post-1914-1109961894_thumb.jpg

Social source share

106 is good, but i prefere 1011b, production is better and something seems more polished, which in turn makes it more earthy, the way it should be.

Dont know if the other releases are any less or more, ive only ever come across the two, well three if you count the two different labels on the blue 106, or is one not as it seems???

Flip side of 1011b is" Somebody to Love " which is also a great track.

Incidently the misses associates "boy" with "The Snake", both in structure of the sound and also the lyrics echo a similiar trait----fascinating eh?

link

1011 (pink label)as far as I can tell is essentially the same as 106 (blue label), but with added harmonica. I don't have 106, but presume as so similar, is also arranged by Bert DeCoteaux.

The other is 1012 (green label) arranged by Gene Page, which is a more 70's style, bits of wah wah & the like. Also has another version of 'Somebody to love' on other side, which is growing on me. May have it's day.

My fave is 106,more punchy, obviously being the most expensive & the one I don't have.

I seem to remember there being a Cleveland Robinson site, run by his son. Which always advertised a forthcoming CD that never materialised. But also remember reading somewhere of somebody being ripped off by the site. Don't know if still on net, but some nice info.

Anybody have/seen the LP? - Is it any good

Mike

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert