• Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest uroffal

Why was it auctioned in the first place?  whistling.gif

link

Well, it certainly shocked me (especially when I saw at £101 at about midday today!)

Social source share

Guest uroffal

Cheers for that. Now who wants to buy a nice mint pic sleeve! whistling.gif

link

Ahhh, Manship's auctions a constant source of amusement coupled with complete and utter bewilderment!

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

Ahhh, Manship's auctions a constant source of amusement coupled with complete and utter bewilderment!

link

A record is only worth what someone is willing to pay, saying that JM seems to constantly get better prices than anyone else. He has sold items for me in the past via his auctions and I have been very pleased with the sevice I had from him. Unlike my dealings with other :graywanker: I could mention....If you were selling rare items who would you deal with ?

Social source share

Guest dodger

A record is only worth what someone is willing to pay, saying that JM seems to constantly get better prices than anyone else.  He has sold items for me in the past via his auctions and I have been very pleased with the sevice I had from him. Unlike my dealings with other  :graywanker:  I could mention....If you were selling rare items who would you deal with ?

link

Just shows the hypocrisy that abounds in the 'rare' soul scene. People whinge about prices being too high but if they're selling are more than happy to sell their records for the same high prices they take the piss out of other 'muppets' for paying!! I've done it myself. whistling.gif

Roger

Social source share

Just shows the hypocrisy that abounds in the 'rare' soul scene.  People whinge about prices being too high but if they're selling are more than happy to sell their records for the same high prices they take the piss out of other 'muppets' for paying!!  I've done it myself.  whistling.gif

Roger

link

I doubt I would even contemplate putting the Bobby Womack up for auction and would never have sold it for that price. It's a record that IMO should have had a reasonable set price on it :huh:

Social source share

Guest dodger

I doubt I would even contemplate putting the Bobby Womack up for auction.

link

Every f*cker else will now though!!! biggrin.gif

Social source share

Guest uroffal

A record is only worth what someone is willing to pay, saying that JM seems to constantly get better prices than anyone else.  He has sold items for me in the past via his auctions and I have been very pleased with the sevice I had from him. Unlike my dealings with other  :graywanker:  I could mention....If you were selling rare items who would you deal with ?

link

Absolutely agree, he has sold items for me in the past too and, likewise, the service was excellent (as was the price he achieved) and I'm not knocking Manship, or the people who buy from him, because he has built an excellent reputation for good service and quality, well graded items. What amuses (and bewilders) is that people are often buying in to the marketing and then paying well over the odds for records that, as Chalky points out, should really be set sale items.

Social source share

just bought 3 records from John (not mainstream stuff) cost £ 105, listed elsewhere at £ 290, nobody forces anyone, its supply and demand, same with houses .. we dont say hey i only paid 50K for this place 10 years ago dont give me £ 250K lets say 80K m8..., if someone is flush they'll pay top dollar and seller will take it. Seems if your broke and want a decent price for your record send em to JM

Danny

Social source share

I certainly wasn't having a dig at John Manship, i have a lot of time for the guy and his massive contribution to the scene .

I just can't understand the amounts people are willing to pay for records which are not by any means rare.

Derek

Social source share

Guest uroffal

I certainly wasn't having a dig at John Manship, i have a lot of time for the guy and his massive contribution to the scene .

I just can't understand the amounts people are willing to pay for records which are not  by any means rare.

Derek

link

Exactly. I'd say that almost any week you could pick up a copy of Bobby Womack on ebay for considerably less than £127, or elsewhere for probably little more than a few pounds, so why keep bidding an item, that is blatantly not rare, to a ridiculous sum? Just wait for the next one, which in this case would be just around the corner.

Social source share

Guest dodger

Exactly. I'd say that almost any week you could pick up a copy of Bobby Womack on ebay for considerably less than £127, or elsewhere for probably little more than a few pounds, so why keep bidding an item, that is blatantly not rare, to a ridiculous sum? Just wait for the next one, which in this case would be just around the corner.

link

Easy answer really. Some people are just thick. :huh:

Does this now mean that 'So Many Sides' now has a market value of over a hundred quid? You can guarantee somebody will ask that for future sale copies, it's what happened with Bettye Swann all those years ago, a £25 record went over £200 in one fell swoop because of one prat, same with Arse Speculum and the Futures 'Party Time Drone'. One born every minute.

All good fun watching it from the outside though!! :lol:

Social source share

Guest uroffal

Easy answer really.  Some people are just thick.  :huh:

Does this now mean that 'So Many Sides' now has a market value of over a hundred quid?  You can guarantee somebody will ask that for future sale copies, it's what happened with Bettye Swann all those years ago, a £25 record went over £200 in one fell swoop because of one prat, same with Arse Speculum and the Futures 'Party Time Drone'.  One born every minute.

link

Well, anyone who wants to give me £100 for my mint pic sleeve copy can have free postage! :lol:

Social source share

Guest uroffal

Well, anyone who wants to give me £100 for my mint pic sleeve copy can have free postage!  :huh:

link

And I promise they'll remain anonymous!

Social source share

Easy answer really.  Some people are just thick.  :huh:

Does this now mean that 'So Many Sides' now has a market value of over a hundred quid?  You can guarantee somebody will ask that for future sale copies, it's what happened with Bettye Swann all those years ago, a £25 record went over £200 in one fell swoop because of one prat, same with Arse Speculum and the Futures 'Party Time Drone'.  One born every minute.

link

You watch all the dealers will be selling them in Prestayn for £100 with a note on the sleeve "One went on Manships site this week for £127,a bargain at £100"

That Sammy Gaha I found on French Barclay.JM thinks I should auction it.So I'm going to :-)))

Cheers

Pete

Social source share

Guest dodger

I bet the copy of Tolbert 'I've Got It' on Rojac on there at the moment fetches just a little bit more. A fight to the death if ever there was one!!! :huh::lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!