I Don't Believe It - It's Finally Finished

Guest Dr Pickles

Hiya mate

Met you on the cruise. You're a legend!!

Cant wait to get hold of the book. We'll have to meet up for you to sign it for us!!

Love ya

Chas n Liz xx

Social source share

• Replies 112
  • Views 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Little Reg

HI CHAS N, LIZ YOUR REQUEST IS AS GOOD AS DONE. ANYWAY I AM NOT A LEGEND I AM JUST THE LITTLE GEEZER WHO NICKED YOUR TOAST ON SUNDAY WHILST YOU WERENT LOOKING. :thumbsup: AS FOR ALL THE OTHER NICE COMMENTS

I DONT BELIEVE IT EITHER !!!

THANKS AGAIN LITTLE REG

Social source share

Guest Pete Collins

One of my very rare posts on SS, many congratulations Reg I'm delighted about this and I'm looking forward to the launch, thanks a million for the invite.

I shall NEVER forget that portable record player at Fleetwood, totally brilliant and only you could have thought of it. You are one of the rare few who will always brighten people's lives and the soul scene 'across the board' is a better place for it.

Yeah, Yogi, a book from you would be great too! Trouble is you're far too modest for all that. Hope you're ok mate, long time no see.

Social source share

Guest Dr Pickles

Fantastic news for the little fella. REG HAS HIS FIRST 500 BOOKS.

Just spoke to Reg and he is fresh back from the publishers having seen his own book coming down the production line. He even got to keep the first one that got mangled going through the binder at the "make ready".

Must have been a real rush mate :thumbsup:

So that means he will have books for the launch on Friday, our soul night on Saturday 24th and all those who signed the advance orders list at various nights around the country.

Made up for him.

Doc

Social source share

Just called in to see the little fella on the way home from work to give him his bottle of plonk and his congratulations card and what did I get in return.......

I GOT MY BOOK!!! :no:

Reg read the intro to me and its absolutely brilliant - spot on! Can't wait to read the whole thing!

Well done Reggie :lol:

Lots of love,

Ems & Panch x x

Social source share

Would anyone care to comment on the reason for Amazon sending me an email this morning that says

"Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we

need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

"Searching for Soul" [Paperback]

Estimated arrival date: 21/12/07 - 04/01/08

We are sorry for any inconvenience this causes."

Especially as I now know the book is complete and available.

Social source share

Guest Dr Pickles

Would anyone care to comment on the reason for Amazon sending me an email this morning that says

"Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we

need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

Hi Dave

I'll have a look into this for you.

My initial thoughts are that the advance run of 500 hardbacks are the only books that are available.

The main production run is not due until a later date.

I'll speak to Reg / publisher to see if I can clarify.

Doc

Social source share

Hi Dave

I'll have a look into this for you.

My initial thoughts are that the advance run of 500 hardbacks are the only books that are available.

The main production run is not due until a later date.

I'll speak to Reg / publisher to see if I can clarify.

Doc

Presumably then they are running 500 hardbacks, and will only print more if the demand is there? :thumbup: A bit like records then?

Social source share

Guest Dr Pickles

Presumably then they are running 500 hardbacks, and will only print more if the demand is there? :thumbup: A bit like records then?

He's even made sure some of the demo's are spelt wrong just to bump the price up in a few years :wicked:

Social source share

im excited cant wait to get my book

ems who is that funny looking bloke in your avatar !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup:

He doesn't look like that all the time, sometimes he's close to being normal! :(

Bless him! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Dr Pickles

For those that have ordered through Amazon, plesae see this reply from the publisher:

" Hi Chris,

For those who have orderd from Amazon, the paperback books have now been delivered, so they will take about 3-4 weeks to get through the supply chain into the system. Obviously if people want to, they can cancel the order with Amazon and order from us here and we will endeavour to dispatch the same day.

If there's anything more you need, please let me know.

Cheers,

Dave

Dave Hallbery

SAF Publishing

London UK

www.safpublishing.co.uk "

Hope this helps with any concerns.

If you want the hardback and would like it signed please drop me a PM and I can contact Reg direct or see him at one of the signings.

You can still order direct from SAF Publishing if you have any doubts.

Many thanks

Doc

Social source share

Guest Marcus B

Looking forward to tomorrow night for Reg's book launch and a Soul Gathering of the Herts Clans !!

See thee all all.

Marcus

-------

Filthy Soul Xmas Doo 14th Dec

Edited by Marcus B
Social source share

Guest Dr Pickles

Looking forward to tomorrow night for Reg's book launch and a Soul Gathering of the Herts Clans !!

See thee all all.

Marcus

-------

Filthy Soul Xmas Doo 14th Dec

Hi Marcus

Will be great to see the Treacle Soul guys there.

We're all looking forward to a soul party under disguise of Reg's book launch.

So pleased for the him.

Looking forward to meeting the Caister lot.

See you all there about 8.00pm.

All the best

Doc

Social source share

Guest Dr Pickles

Anyone read it yet?

Finished mine last night with a tear in my eye. :unsure:

Loved it, a "feel good" book about our beloved scene.

This is the answer to that time old question of the non soulie "so what's this Northern Soul thing all about ?".

If it's your partner, mates at work or someone on the train. Just buy them this book to read.

All the best

Doc

Social source share

Anyone read it yet?

Finished mine last night with a tear in my eye. :unsure:

Loved it, a "feel good" book about our beloved scene.

This is the answer to that time old question of the non soulie "so what's this Northern Soul thing all about ?".

If it's your partner, mates at work or someone on the train. Just buy them this book to read.

All the best

Doc

and just think now when Reg starts telling you about hes life you can say "Yes Reg I know i've read the book" :)

Social source share

and just think now when Reg starts telling you about hes life you can say "Yes Reg I know i've read the book" :D

I bet that doesnt' shut him up though mischief!!!,

Hi i'm Reggie's little sister, for those that have read the book i'm the one quoted on page 108 as away with the mixer. I suppose i must have been to have typed the bloody thing but it's a great achievement for him. What i want to know now from all you every day people is what did you really think of it? Have you noticed any mistakes etc. there must be a few, So come on all you critics let us know your opinions,good or bad we are open to criticism. :D

Social source share

Guest Little Reg

HI GUY'S

REG HERE, JUST TO GIVE A QUICK RUN DOWN ON THE BOOKS SO FAR. APPARENTLY THIS IS HOW IT ALL WORKS. WHEN A BOOK IS COMPLETE THE PUBLISHERS PRESS ABOUT 150 HARD BACKS AND A 1000 PAPER BACKS. WHICH GET DISTRIBUTED TO ALL THE DIFFERENT OUTLETS.

THE BOOK IS READ AND SCANNED FOR ANY DISCREPANCIES :no: ONCE THIS IS DONE A RELEASE DATE IS SET. THATS WHEN THE BOOK WILL GO TO JOE PUBLIC.

I TOLD MY PUBLISHERS THAT WE ARE DEALING WITH CONNISEURS OF SOUL MUSIC HERE, WHO GET A GREAT BUZZ FROM OWING A 1ST ISSUE. I PERSUADED THEM TO PRESS 500 HARD BACKS. THIS WAS A SMALL GAMBLE ON MY BEHALF.AS THE SOULIES MENTIONED IN THE BOOK, WANTED ME TO USE THEIR REAL NAMES. SO, IF THEIR IS ANY ONE WHO WANTS THEIR NAME CHANGED BEFORE THE RELEASE DATE LET ME KNOW.

I'M PROBABLY THE ONLY PERSON WHO HAS WROTE A BOOK WITH 500 PROOF READERS. AND SO FAR THE FEED BACK HAS BLOWN ME AWAY. YOU REALLY ARE THE NICEST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD. :ohmy:

I WILL BE AT BISLEY TONIGHT DECEMBER 1ST. HITCHIN ON THE 7TH, AND LUTON TALK OF THE SOUTH ON THE 22ND. 200 OF THE BOOKS HAVE ALREADY BEEN SOLD. I STILL HAVE 130 TO DEAL WITH ON THE LIST. I WILL TAKE 50 SPARES TO EACH OF THE THREE VENUES MENTIONED. THE BOOKS THAT HAVE ALREADY BEEN POSTED, WERE FOR SOME OF THE SOULIES KIDS XMAS PRESENTS, [ THEY PROBABLY WANT TO LET THEM KNOW THAT THEY WERE TEENAGERS ONCE ].

I WILL DEAL WITH THE OTHERS AS SOON AS POSS.

BY THE WAY, WAGGIT IS MY LITTLE SISTER PROBABLY WORRYING ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK OF HER BROTHERS BOOK.

CHEERS GUYS

LITTLE REG

Social source share

HI GUY'S

REG HERE, JUST TO GIVE A QUICK RUN DOWN ON THE BOOKS SO FAR. APPARENTLY THIS IS HOW IT ALL WORKS. WHEN A BOOK IS COMPLETE THE PUBLISHERS PRESS ABOUT 150 HARD BACKS AND A 1000 PAPER BACKS. WHICH GET DISTRIBUTED TO ALL THE DIFFERENT OUTLETS.

THE BOOK IS READ AND SCANNED FOR ANY DISCREPANCIES :( ONCE THIS IS DONE A RELEASE DATE IS SET. THATS WHEN THE BOOK WILL GO TO JOE PUBLIC.

I TOLD MY PUBLISHERS THAT WE ARE DEALING WITH CONNISEURS OF SOUL MUSIC HERE, WHO GET A GREAT BUZZ FROM OWING A 1ST ISSUE. I PERSUADED THEM TO PRESS 500 HARD BACKS. THIS WAS A SMALL GAMBLE ON MY BEHALF.AS THE SOULIES MENTIONED IN THE BOOK, WANTED ME TO USE THEIR REAL NAMES. SO, IF THEIR IS ANY ONE WHO WANTS THEIR NAME CHANGED BEFORE THE RELEASE DATE LET ME KNOW.

I'M PROBABLY THE ONLY PERSON WHO HAS WROTE A BOOK WITH 500 PROOF READERS. AND SO FAR THE FEED BACK HAS BLOWN ME AWAY. YOU REALLY ARE THE NICEST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD. :wicked:

I WILL BE AT BISLEY TONIGHT DECEMBER 1ST. HITCHIN ON THE 7TH, AND LUTON TALK OF THE SOUTH ON THE 22ND. 200 OF THE BOOKS HAVE ALREADY BEEN SOLD. I STILL HAVE 130 TO DEAL WITH ON THE LIST. I WILL TAKE 50 SPARES TO EACH OF THE THREE VENUES MENTIONED. THE BOOKS THAT HAVE ALREADY BEEN POSTED, WERE FOR SOME OF THE SOULIES KIDS XMAS PRESENTS, [ THEY PROBABLY WANT TO LET THEM KNOW THAT THEY WERE TEENAGERS ONCE ].

I WILL DEAL WITH THE OTHERS AS SOON AS POSS.

BY THE WAY, WAGGIT IS MY LITTLE SISTER PROBABLY WORRYING ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK OF HER BROTHERS BOOK.

CHEERS GUYS

LITTLE REG

Reg I put my email address down on your list at the last Luton - haven't heard a peep from you unsure.gif Please keep a copy back for me...thanks, Steve

Social source share

NICE ONE REG!!!!

Got my copy off you at Bisley on Saturday and finished it in 2 sittings. Couldn't put it down.

My memory is crap, so thanks for reminding me of all the little things like my first Tonic suit, stumbling across the Contempo shop in Hanway street, youth clubs..............the list is endless.

Thanks too for providing the best insight into all those great venues I missed when I joined the army/married/had kids and was generally out of the scene.

This book is so full of all the human emotions we've all experienced over the years. Anger, greed, malice and jealousy are nowhere to be seen - which sums you up pretty well I reckon!

What a triumph Reg! Can't wait for Pam to finish it now, so that I can read it again.

-KevIn Kent

Social source share

Guest matt tees

NICE ONE REG!!!!

Got my copy off you at Bisley on Saturday and finished it in 2 sittings. Couldn't put it down.

My memory is crap, so thanks for reminding me of all the little things like my first Tonic suit, stumbling across the Contempo shop in Hanway street, youth clubs..............the list is endless.

Thanks too for providing the best insight into all those great venues I missed when I joined the army/married/had kids and was generally out of the scene.

This book is so full of all the human emotions we've all experienced over the years. Anger, greed, malice and jealousy are nowhere to be seen - which sums you up pretty well I reckon!

What a triumph Reg! Can't wait for Pam to finish it now, so that I can read it again.

-KevIn Kent

Reg, you've done it, all I can say, when is the next one out. I picked it up yesterday and have just finished it, fantastic from start to finish. I am totally blown away!! Your recollection is amazing of some of your pursuits, it is funny, happy and yes sad in parts, it is a story of life and I feel very privilaged to have had some small part in yours. Reg you are a bloody star and a gentleman!! God Bless Ya!!

Social source share

Well done Reg,i recieved my book from you at Hitchin on Friday night.

I missed going out Saturday due to the fact i could not put it down,but it was worth it mate..

what a story of one mans life ..up and down we went,you had me laughing,crying at some points,i felt for you mate,what a brilliant book..

Here's to the future Reg,you deserve a lot of credit/praise for what you have achieved,well done..

Social source share

Guest Dr Pickles

Well done Reg,i recieved my book from you at Hitchin on Friday night.

I missed going out Saturday due to the fact i could not put it down,but it was worth it mate..

what a story of one mans life ..up and down we went,you had me laughing,crying at some points,i felt for you mate,what a brilliant book..

Here's to the future Reg,you deserve a lot of credit/praise for what you have achieved,well done..

Toby

Great review. He's over the moon you liked it so much.

For those that have read it, please drop a review on here if you can. thumbsup.gif

Better still, if you want to help Reg out, please drop a review on to the Amazon page

>>Reg's Book On Amazon<<

For those of you still wanting to get hold of this fantastic book as quick as possible, please try the publishers Ebay shop:

https://stores.ebay.co.uk/SAF-Publishing_W0...0QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Any questions, please drop me a PM.

Merry Xmas

Doc

Social source share

Guest Northern Mick

Reg,

It's focking marvellous! :lol: Well done big man. Read it ages ago over a weekend but have only just regstered for this site. Let's hope it gets the break it deserves. We all know too well how fantastic works (choons) can be lost if they don't get the exposure they deserve. I've put a review on Amazon (See Amazon Reviews).

See you soon.

Mick

Social source share

Well, what can I say, finished THE book and fan-fab-tastic. Can relate to so much of the content in it - a definite must read for any soul fan, made all the more interesting and touching, especially if you have met the author - its just like talking to him!

Well done Reg.-.Im proud to be part of a scene that has introduced me to many wonderful times and new friends such as you....Big thanx and all the best for 2008 :lol: Jo

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Hi i'm Reggie's little sister, for those that have read the book i'm the one quoted on page 108 as away with the mixer. I suppose i must have been to have typed the bloody thing but it's a great achievement for him. What i want to know now from all you every day people is what did you really think of it? Have you noticed any mistakes etc. there must be a few, So come on all you critics let us know your opinions,good or bad we are open to criticism. :shades:

Nothing there to criticise.

It's a very simple, honest and straightforward account of the life of a typical UK Soul fan.

Nothing 'Godinesque' about it. Reg cuts to the chase and just tells it how he saw it.

I'm sure most of us can relate entirely with his experiences.

In summary: its a smashing little book. Just couldn't put it down... and I read it in one take!

Well done Reg for having the initiative and for taking the time out of your life to put your thoughts and memories down on paper.

thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Nothing there to criticise.

It's a very simple, honest and straightforward account of the life of a typical UK Soul fan.

Nothing 'Godinesque' about it. Reg cuts to the chase and just tells it how he saw it.

I'm sure most of us can relate entirely with his experiences.

In summary: its a smashing little book. Just couldn't put it down... and I read it in one take!

Well done Reg for having the initiative and for taking the time out of your life to put your thoughts and memories down on paper.

:thumbsup:

When are you doing yours Sean ??

Still waiting for my copy to arrive from Amazon (Must be the South american branch !)

Edited by Karen and Rob Wigley
Social source share

Guest Marcus B

I Finally managed to finish the book and it's an abSOULute belter !

I Must say I'm privileged to know Little Reg for a few years now and the book relates so much on what we all have done or are doing in the Soul scene. I'm sure there's a bit for everyone to relate to in this book (even if not a soul fan) and it's an honest look on life and experiences. It has it all with mostly up's but also the down's we inevitably get thru the rice tapestry of life. A Book that "say's it as it is" .

Boy I would have loved to have been a few years older so I could've shared in the trips to Wigan,Highland rooms,Catacombes and many more being a fellow Treacle Bumstonian !

I sat and had a chat to Reg before Xmas and he played the Infamous Dena Barnes track presented for his Birthday treat (many moons ago biggrin.gif ) . Top marks to the lads who chipped in.

Thanks reg for a Triffic book and a great look on life.

Just buy it as everyone can relate to this book,

Cheers,

Marcus Bell

:lol:

Social source share

When are you doing yours Sean ??

Still waiting for my copy to arrive from Amazon (Must be the South american branch !)

There would be too much litigation involved in Sean putting out his " memoirs " laugh.gif ......

Malc Burton

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I've read Reggie's book, and must say that I'm privileged to know the little fella personally.

What an inspiration to us all. You've got to go out and buy it!!!!

I'm a non-soulie , and thoroughly enjoyed the book written so beautifully by Reg - it really evokes great memories, of great times.

I remember Reg first having a go, and reading to me excerpts from a few printed pages - and thinking this will be great when its published.

Well a few years later , and this genial little Fella, has only done it - big style.

I got so much warmth , from the book and it's inspired me and others to attend one of Reg's sets in April.

I'm really looking forward to it - Seems you Soulies - welcome all shapes and sizes - and I'm a 6ft lank who just can't dance!!

You've got everything in Regs book - Searching for Soul; Dance, Music, Football, Relationships, Family, Life and above all - SOUL!!!!!

Well Done Little Reg - you've got a Big heart.

John.

Social source share

Guest soul kitten

is there any other way of getting this book ,ordered it from amazon ages ago ,email today says not till middle of Feb for delivery now ohmy.gif

Social source share

Guest Dr Pickles

is there any other way of getting this book ,ordered it from amazon ages ago ,email today says not till middle of Feb for delivery now ohmy.gif

TSC

Try this link to the publishers EBAY shop (page 2). Delivery is normally 3 days and others have had good feedback about them.

https://stores.ebay.co.uk/SAF-Publishing_W0...0QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Any problems please drop me a PM.

Cheers

Doc

Social source share

Yes i really enjoyed it.Im very grateful for the warm comments about The Howard Mallett Club in Cambridge.This club lies at the heart of everything soulful that happens in that town.A suprisingly welcome bit of much deserved recognition.(Howard Mallett Story on soulmotion.co.uk)Thanks a million Reg..

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!