Soulsville *tonight* Dj Times

For any of you not making your way to my homeland and Prestatyn tonight (all 3 of you!!) then come and shake your booty at Soulsville here in Leeds. Relaxed fun atmosphere and bloody brilliant tunes blush.gif

We have 3 lovely guest DJs for you this month:

Janice Price - probably the best female soul DJ in the world :yes: with a preference on 70s and the modern side. All round good girl and friend of ours.

Pikey's Dog (aka Joe Dutton) WOOF!!!! Yes, the very man from Sheffield who DJs at Flipside amongst other venues. Top tunes and is doing a detour from Prestatyn especially to come and DJ - top man unsure.gif Will play requests for a bowl of water and a Bonio...

Trevski Last, but most certainly not least, comes Trevski. Ming the Merciless lookalike :) with a storming collection that's guaranteed to get your feet moving. Regular DJ at the Wilton allnighters amongst other venues and again all round good guy.

DJ TIMES:

8-9 Rich Buckley

9-10 Jamie Hartford

10-11 Janice

11-12 Pikey's Dog - WOOF!

12-1 Trevski

1.00 - 1.45 Rich Buckley

1.45 - 2.30 - Jamie Hartford

Bar open until 1am and 2 minute walk from Leeds train station. Address: Baby Jupiter, York Place, Leeds city centre.

Info: Rich Buckley: 07799 846629

Jamie: 07739 917972

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Biggie G

For any of you not making your way to my homeland and Prestatyn tonight (all 3 of you!!) then come and shake your booty at Soulsville here in Leeds. Relaxed fun atmosphere and bloody brilliant tunes  whistling.gif

We have 3 lovely guest DJs for you this month:

Janice Price - probably the best female soul DJ in the world  :) with a preference on 70s and the modern side. All round good girl and friend of ours.

Pikey's Dog (aka Joe Dutton) WOOF!!!! Yes, the very man from Sheffield who DJs at Flipside amongst other venues. Top tunes and is doing a detour from Prestatyn especially to come and DJ - top man  sleep3.gif Will play requests for a bowl of water and a Bonio...

Trevski Last, but most certainly not least, comes Trevski. Ming the Merciless lookalike  :yes:   with a storming collection that's guaranteed to get your feet moving. Regular DJ at the Wilton allnighters amongst other venues and again all round good guy.

DJ TIMES:

8-9    Rich Buckley

9-10  Jamie Hartford

10-11 Janice

11-12 Pikey's Dog - WOOF!

12-1 Trevski

1.00 - 1.45 Rich Buckley

1.45 - 2.30 - Jamie Hartford

Bar open until 1am and 2 minute walk from Leeds train station. Address: Baby Jupiter, York Place, Leeds city centre.

Info: Rich Buckley: 07799 846629

Jamie: 07739 917972

link

Have to say we both had a great night, top music allnight and a great crowd. Really enjoyed all the music but particularly Joe's set, playing the records I knew him for pre Flipside, some great crossover and modern soul. Keep up the good work lads :)

Cheers

P.S. Will get Jan to post up her playlist for the night

Gareth & Janice

Guest Jamie

First off like to thank all those who made the journey. I know there was a lot on this weekend, and we still had people from Sheffield, Bradford and Harrogate.

And then the DJ's. Special mention must go to Pikeys Dog & the Lady wife. Travelled up to play a spot and then back down to Prestatyn. A superb gesture by 2 superb people - a humble 'Thank You' from Rich & I.

And as Gareth has already mentioned played a superb set, starting off the musical journey with stuff like Syng McGowan and ending up with Unique Blend - tremendous stuff!!!

Jan played a cracking set for me too. Not everyone appreciates the 'Moddun' end of things, but I think the way Jan put together her set made it even more enjoyable for me. I don't get to many Modern do's, so It was nice for me personally to hear a set. Variety is the spice of life, and Soulsville brought you that on Friday.

Moving on to our last Guest, Trevski. I knew what we were going to get, and he didn't let us down. Sheer class and I envy his records one and all. Very underrated (i.e. doesn't play enough bigger venues for me), put's his sets together seamlessly and the whole set was a joy on the ears. Playing stuff like Sea Shells 'Quiet Home' speaks volumes for me. Thank You.

Friday was the first day out of bed for me, and god did I feel like pap! Every record seemed 20 secs long, couldn't find what I wanted to play and what I did find I miscued! I really should have stayed in bed, but I'm glad I didn't because I'd have missed 3 superb sets from our guests, plus Rich was on form - so you better make that 4!!!

Moving on to April. Guests are James Trouble and Glenn Hewitt. Pat & John are also back from their exploits at Prestatyn.

Quality Guaranteed........

J

Edited by Jamie

I'm pleased you all had a good night up there, Joe told me on Saturday that he had made the detour from Prestatyn to Leeds and back.........Now there's commitment for you......top guy that Pikeys Dog.

Look forward to seeing you all soon. I've got Friday off work this week so I'll be popping in at Ponds Forge. whistling.gif

Guest Jamie

Just a few tracks that I played/miscued :)

Chubby & Turnpikes - I Know The Inside Story - Capitol

Dynells - Call On Me - ATCO

Willie Kendrick - What's That On Your Finger - RCA

Voicemasters - If A Woman Catches A Fool - Bamboo

San Franciscan TKO'S - Make Up Your Mind - Kent

Margaret Royal - I'll Never Go Away - Tra-x

Ann Heywood - Crook His Little Finger - Hondo

Odds & Ends - Let Me Try - Today

Wade Flemmons - That Other Place - VJ

Roy Hamilton - The Panic Is On - MGM

Chubby & Turnpikes - I Didn't Try - Capitol

Porgy & Monarchs - That Girl - Musicor

Eddie Foster - I Never Knew - IN

Stanley Mitchell - Quit Twistin My Arm - Dynamo

Frederick Hymes - Time Aint Gonna Do Me No Favor - Fab Vegas

Ozz & Sperlings - Can You Qualify - Golden Way

Vibrations - I Took An Overdose - Epic

Natural Four - I Thought You Were Mine - ABC

Ohio Players - Love Slipped Through My Fingers - Acetate (Cheers Trev)

Mark IV - Signs Of A Dying Love - OTB

Pioneers - My Good Friend James - Mercury

Patches - Heartache & Pains - Sunstruck

Bill Harris - Am I Cold, Am I Hot - RCA

Otis Clay - The Only Way Is Up - Echo

Flowers - For Real - 12" EP (Thanks Uncle Trout ;-))

I probably played a few more, but they were probably crap and instantly forgettable whistling.gif

Edited by Jamie
Guest Jamie

Nothing to do with the copious amounts of ale you normal consume then Jamie :)   whistling.gif ....

link

Friday was a bit different Marko.

I actually felt dizzy and light-headed before I'd had a drink sleep3.gif

Still drank plenty of Baltika Russian Lager and Zubrowka Bison Vodka. And very nice it was too. :yes:

I am trying to shuffle baby-sitting duty so I can get down for a few hours on Friday. I'm supposed to be doing it as I had to swop last Friday and I'm doing Mark Bicknells new night at Sheridans this Saturday. Might have a word with Sis, and see if she can help me out.

Are you coming to Sherries on Saturday?

J

Friday was a bit different Marko.

I actually felt dizzy and light-headed before I'd had a drink :)

Still drank plenty of Baltika Russian Lager and Zubrowka Bison Vodka. And very nice it was too. sleep3.gif

I am trying to shuffle baby-sitting duty so I can get down for a few hours on Friday. I'm supposed to be doing it as I had to swop last Friday and I'm doing Mark Bicknells new night at Sheridans this Saturday. Might have a word with Sis, and see if she can help me out.

Are you coming to Sherries on Saturday?

J

link

Sherries is a deffo for me Jamie :yes: .... will see you there if no luck for Friday whistling.gif ....

Just want to add to Jamie's comments - big big thanks for all who came down and special shout for Janice, Trevski and especially for Pikey for attempting to set the land speed record in a car by doing Prestatyn to Leeds in 1 hour 10mins :):)

Another good night had by all and nice to see a few who'd travelled and made the effort - it's appreciated :yes:

Anyhow, I think my playlist over 2 spots in no particular order was something along the lines of (it's a bit hazy whistling.gif )..

Lovelace Watkins - Dreams (Sue)

Jimmie Ellis - Happy To Be (Century City)

Fiestas - Think Smart (Old Town)

Jo Ann Garrett - That Little Brown Letter (Duo)

Temps - Girl Why You Wanna Make Me Blue (Gordy)

Ruby Winters - Better (Diamond)

Rose St John - Mend My Broken Heart (UA)

John Bowie - You're Gonna Miss A Good Thing (Merben)

Johnny Bartel - If This Isn't Love (Solid State)

Soulville Allstars - Nobody To Blame (Soulville)

Magnificent 7 - She's Called A Woman (Eastern)

Willie Kendrick - Change Your Ways (RCA)

Doug Banks - I Just Kept On Dancing (Argo) This one was by request from Sam Collins and Sarah who had a neat dance routine worked out for it - class!! :(

Jewel Akens - My First Lonely Night (Era)

Tony Hestor - Just Can't Leave You (Karate)

Sharon Scott - I'd Like To Know (RCA)

Freddie Houston - If I Had Known (Old Town)

Herb Ward - Strange Change (Argo)

Guitar Ray - You're Gonna Wreck My Life (Shagg)

Imaginations - Strange Neighbourhood (Fraternity)

Elbie Parker - Please Keep Away From Me (Veep)

Bobby Reed - The Time Is Right For Love (Bell)

Innersection - I'm In Debt To You (Group 5)

That's as near to as I can remember anyhow! shades.gif

Don't forget next month on Friday 1st April with special guests James Trouble and Glenn Hewitt plus our fellow residents Pat Brady and John Parker back with us :)

And me and Jamie are both DJing at Mark Bicknell's Detroit/Chicago Allnighter at Sheridans this Saturday 12th March so pop in and say hello - gonna be a packer - loads of great jocks - Alex Jones, Richie Andrew, Shane Cox, Tony Smith, Mick H, Jumping Joan, Cookie, Mr Bicknell himself and little old me and Jamie!

See you all soon hopefully....

Rich

Guest Jamie

Honestly you guy's go from strength to strength, I tell everyone what top tunes you play, and looking at your playlists, you get even better........ whistling.gif

link

Look John, we said you could have a spot, now knock it off whistling.gifwhistling.gif:rolleyes:

Only joking mate!! Thanks for the kinds words and look forward to catching up with you soon.

Jimbob :lol:

Look John, we said you could have 10 spots this year, now knock it off

link

Thanks Jimbob whistling.gif

You got a san fransican TKO's.....I'm looking for a green eyed monster smilie but can't find one, I suppose i'll have to use a ranting smilie instead whistling.gif ....If you manage to locate another one matey...let me know

Guest Jamie

Thanks Jimbob  whistling.gif

You got a san fransican TKO's.....I'm looking for a green eyed monster smilie but can't find one, I suppose i'll have to use a ranting smilie instead  whistling.gif ....If you manage to locate another one matey...let me know

link

I think P Doggy had one for sale whistling.gif