The Inmate-this Is The Day

out of curiosity,mick h played the inmates at cis last saturday,and over the muffled mic,he said its old c/up name.....what was it...does any one know?.....thanx

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I seem to recall from another debate that someone claimed it was a Wigan spin. Horrible record IMO. Heard it played a number of times this weekend at Prestatyn.

Social source share

this tune gets the northern soul blood pumping through those northern veins,that have been clotted by overated midtempo drowl.....i welcome back the pounder!!!!!!

Social source share

this tune gets the northern soul blood pumping through those northern veins,that have been clotted by overated midtempo drowl.....i welcome back the pounder!!!!!!

link

I remember Gary Spencer used to play this back in the early 90's as Rubin Parker.........

Social source share

covered up as Rubin Parker

David

Yes Div..you are the man

I got it half right

us huns cant be right all the time apart from a couple of weeks ago at Celtic park

haha

Butch played it in Aberdeen last weekend..

Just before He played TOLBERT

to make me sick..

he's a twisted little bugger that Mark Dobson.

hope youre well mate

Regards gasher

Social source share

link

I welcome back the pounder too, I love good stompers and up-tempo 60's northern, but I prefer good ones with at least a little bit of soul in them. The Inmates sound like some kind of rock music to me.

Social source share

good or bad..matter of opinion...just another record adopted onto the northern scene...anyway whats the raretie and value of this 45....not the guide price ...the actual reality?

Social source share

Realistic value around £1000, possibly more depending on circumstances, buyer and seller. A less than mint copy went on ebay not very long ago for a bit more than £900 I think it was, in the vicinity of £1k anyway.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!