Latest E.bay Scam Warning [sellers]

Ric-tic

just recieved an e.bay message 'i have paid for this item when will it be shipped!!!? then theres a link to the item it looks genuine,like a twat i clicked it luckily page not found came up and the link was different, fished around item and supposed buyer markdonne9988 dosnt exist be careful out there thiose streets are mean blush.gif

maybee youve had one already its my first of this type and i get account detail ones daily

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

just recieved an e.bay message 'i have paid for this item when will it be shipped!!!? then theres a link to the item it looks genuine,like a twat i clicked it luckily page not found came up and the link was different, fished around item and supposed buyer markdonne9988 dosnt exist be careful out there thiose streets are mean blush.gif

maybee youve had one already its my first of this type and i get account detail ones daily

link

These can, although they go to page not found, fire a tracker to your PC and start getting/tracking all your details, Billytheboot (on here) has had one of these and it f**ked his comp had to reinstall everything in fact he still cannot get into ebay as they changed his password and his email address was rendered useless, been down for about 5 weeks he is still trying to sort that out..advice is sweep your PC with spybot or other tracker killer software and change your passwords.

Social source share

These can, although they go to page not found, fire a tracker to your PC and start getting/tracking all your details, Billytheboot (on here) has had one of these and it f**ked his comp had to reinstall everything in fact he still cannot get into ebay as they changed his password and his email address was rendered useless, been down for about 5 weeks he is still trying to sort that out..advice is sweep your PC with spybot or other tracker killer software and change your passwords.

link

thanks geordie

poor billythe boot blush.gif ,when these scumbags retrieve your passwords is that ONLY if windows has asked if you want them remembered?????

Social source share

thanks again geordiejohnson i just ran spybot and there was something there so i zapped it blush.gif excuse that last dumb question in last post it obviously dosnt matter if windows has remembered passwords as you're being tracked and they are getting everyting that way, i wanna go back to e.bay to bag that my hearts symphony promo i saw the other day for 2 quid but im too scared now :)

Edited by ric-tic
Social source share

thanks again geordiejohnson i just ran spybot and there was something there so i zapped it blush.gif excuse that last dumb question in last post it obviously dosnt matter if windows has remembered passwords as you're being tracked and they are getting everyting that way, i wanna go back to e.bay to bag that my hearts symphony promo i saw the other day for 2 quid but im too scared now :)

link

just downloaded spybot and there was 102 items to fix have done this and do not now but my computer seems to be running faster may be my imagination do not know how many were bad ones but they are all gone now,

thanks for the advice.

mark

Social source share

My PC seems to be clean now, although I still can't get into ebay or hotmail. If anyone wants the spyware/tracking removal system I use (I tried about 12 and this was best) just pop up your email address and I'll mail it to you.

Billy :dance:

Edited by billytheboot
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!