Compilation Sensation

Simsy

After staying up to the wee smalls and in doing so, incurring a late kick off to Mums day, I've done it. I now have the best cd I have ever owned.

Most of the compilation cd's I own are 60-70% yawn worthy. Reaching for the 'next' button for that fave tune. I want an ultimate faves cd and here it is.

There is nothing crap on here, every one of them is a rise out of your seat and head for the floor sharpish type tune (imo).

I know pete.s would think Lew Kirton and the Vanguards are just offal and that's furry muff, I'm a 90% 6t's head myself. But here goes. It's a corker!

1. Roy Roberts - Gotta have your love

2. Mello Souls - We can make it

3. Jerry Jackson - It's rough out there

4. Ben E King - Getting to me

5. Minzi Berry - Don't you dare to cry

6. Lamont Dozier - Dearest one

7. Charles Brandy - Can't get enough of you baby

8. Jimmy Radcliffe - The thrill of loving you

9. Patti & the Emblems - It's the little things you do

10. Spencer Wiggins - Lonely man

11. Hytones - You don't even know my name

12. Troy Dodds - Trying to find my baby

13. Rockmasters - Raining teardrops

14. Ralph Graham - She just sits there

15. Fiats - Speak words of love

16. Tamala Lewis - You wont say nothing

17. Paul Sindab - I was a fool

18. Imperial C's - Someone tell her (slow version)

19. Lew Kirton - Heaven in the afternoon

20. Vanguards - Good times bad times

21. Trends - Not too old to cry

22. Rose St John & the Wonderettes - I know the meaning

23. Antellects - Love slave

24. George Smith - I've had it

25. Fascinators - In other words

26. Freddie Houston - Chills & fever

Anything offensive? Any crap iyo? I Need to try not to play it to death, but oh boy bath times gonna be a doozie! Assume most have mp3 cd capability. If not let me know.

Not been to a do since Luton :) 100 Club next week - "get in"! Followed by Plinston, Scenesville then Crossfire unsure.gifblush.gif:yes:

Social source share

• Replies 25
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

After staying up to the wee smalls and in doing so, incurring a late kick off to Mums day, I've done it.  I now have the best cd I have ever owned.

Most of the compilation cd's I own are 60-70% yawn worthy. Reaching for the 'next' button for that fave tune. I want an ultimate faves cd and here it is.

There is nothing crap on here, every one of them is a rise out of your seat and head for the floor sharpish type tune (imo).

I know pete.s would think Lew Kirton and the Vanguards are just offal and that's furry muff, I'm a 90% 6t's head myself.  But here goes. It's a corker!

1.  Roy Roberts - Gotta have your love

2.  Mello Souls - We can make it

3.  Jerry Jackson - It's rough out there

4.  Ben E King - Getting to me

5.  Minzi Berry - Don't you dare to cry

6.  Lamont Dozier - Dearest one

7.  Charles Brandy - Can't get enough of you baby

8.  Jimmy Radcliffe - The thrill of loving you

9.  Patti & the Emblems - It's the little things you do

10. Spencer Wiggins - Lonely man

11. Hytones - You don't even know my name

12. Troy Dodds - Trying to find my baby

13. Rockmasters - Raining teardrops

14. Ralph Graham - She just sits there

15. Fiats - Speak words of love

16. Tamala Lewis - You wont say nothing

17. Paul Sindab - I was a fool

18. Imperial C's - Someone tell her (slow version)

19. Lew Kirton - Heaven in the afternoon

20. Vanguards - Good times bad times

21. Trends - Not too old to cry

22. Rose St John & the Wonderettes - I know the meaning

23. Antellects - Love slave

24. George Smith - I've had it

25. Fascinators - In other words

26. Freddie Houston - Chills & fever

Anything offensive? Any crap iyo? I Need to try not to play it to death, but oh boy bath times gonna be a doozie!  Assume most have mp3 cd capability. If not let me know.

Not been to a do since Luton :(   100 Club next week - "get in"! Followed by Plinston, Scenesville then Crossfire  :D   :thumbsup:   :shades:

link

No disputes there then! This really is the best cd in the world! :)wink.gifwink.gif

Social source share

Ere....not bad but are these for sale and do you have the licensing rights if you are selling it :thumbsup:   (tongue in cheek)

watch out for the incoming Ian wink.gif

Geeooooorrdie :shades:

link

Never said owt about selling wink.gif just a nice combo :)

Social source share

I gathered that, but was just having a laugh from previous threads debating the right and wrong of boots CDs and......... yawn the same old arguments that are making this site a tad tired.

a nice selection though

:thumbsup:

link

Ah, I'm with you, cheers matey. Still some good stuff on here from time to time :shades:

Social source share

I gathered that, but was just having a laugh from previous threads debating the right and wrong of boots CDs and......... yawn the same old arguments that are making this site a tad tired.

link

=====

I think it would be easier to explain the meaning of life, than resolve the boots vs originals debate :thumbsup:

Social source share

=====

I think it would be easier to explain the meaning of life, than resolve the boots vs originals debate :thumbsup:

link

Very true and have you noticed lots of threads sort of end up being just that topic. Bit tired as my friend said.

Social source share

=====

link

You don't have a problem with a mass debate do you?

Social source share

How much slower is this? Acetate or something?

link

Slower, different intro, heavy base. Think it was issued as alternate slower version. Don't think Pete.s had anything to do with it! whistling.gif KTF downloads.co.uk check it out.

Social source share

Slower, different intro, heavy base. Think it was issued as alternate slower version.  Don't think Pete.s had anything to do with it!  shhh.gif   KTF downloads.co.uk check it out.

link

Never issued as far as I know. Not a patch on orig IMO, but quite nice :shhh: Came out on yet another Philly Soul comp. Will dig it out and post MP3 up here.

Great CD by the way Ian whistling.gif Do you fancy a CD swap? PM me.

Billy :dance:

Social source share

Never issued as far as I know. Not a patch on orig IMO, but quite nice :shhh: Came out on yet another Philly Soul comp. Will dig it out and post MP3 up here.

Great CD by the way Ian whistling.gif Do you fancy a CD swap? PM me.

Billy :dance:

link

Orig is better dancer, yes. Slower one easier on the ear imo, lovely tempo as stated. BTW it's ktfdownload not downloads (as above). However site is down at present. Just PM'd you shhh.gif

Edited by Ian Sims
Social source share

I'd have bought that compilation - it's terrific.  None of those choices would appear on a 30 tracker of my own but still great stuff.  Except Lou Kirton.  Oh and that Antellects record is an overrated pile of cack.

link

Thanks Pete, wondered when you'd join us, knew you wouldn't be keen on Lew Kirton. Can't think you'd like the Vanguards either ??

Social source share

https://www.danripley.com/Jason/indiana45s/...usforgotten.htm

"Horton returned to Indianapolis in the early "70s and brought the Fabulous Souls with him. He took over management of the Vanguards, who had a monster hit, "Somebody Please," in 1969. The Fabulous Souls would become their backing band for a few months and even help them record their Lamp single "Good Times, Bad Times" before the two groups parted ways".

Was it 69 or 70.....? Coz if that's 1970 then that's entering the realms of (dare I say it) modern soul ph34r.gif

Oh and happy birthday :yes:

Edited by Ian Sims
Social source share

Fantastic compilation Dave..Can i have one please and i would pass you one the other way,when i have done one.. :D ..Imperial Cs is one of the greatest tracks ever for me,not sure if ive heard the slow version..Will get you some beer and red bull next time i see you... :thumbsup:

Pete seems pretty happy today..Nice to see :)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!