Empress Ballroom Mexborough

We would just like to say a big THANK YOU to all the Lady DJ's: Sam Evan's,

Carol McCarthy, Laura Lou. Brandy Sisters, Little Miss Soul and the two stunning DJ's who are about to take the Soul Scene by Storm Nelana and Davella.

You did us all proud !!!!!! packed house ,full dance floor, lovely people and a atmosphere you can't buy. We will have to do it again sometime.? :(

A big Thank you everybody that came along and supported us as without you we could not run these events.The FREE Christmas bash will soon be here with Marvin Ruffin live on stage and your resident DJ's playing all your soulful music. whistling.gif

A fantastic responce to the charity raffel for Breast cancer we raised £350.00. Thank you to you all. :P

Our dates for the New Year are as follows:

Empress Ballroom Date's for 2008

Sunday 23rd March 2008 (Easter)

Mick H

Ian Gee

Sunday 4th May 2008 (Mayday)

Rob Smith

Gary Shooter

Sunday 25th May 2008 (Whitsuntide)

John Pool

Rob Wicks

Sunday 24th August 2008 (Bank Holiday)

Tony T Bone (Oz)

Pete Eccles

Saturday 25th October 2008

Pete and Little Av Manifesto

Jonah and Dick Barnbraugh

Tom and Derek Trades/ Kingstone

Mark and Geordie Friendship

Christmas Bash Sunday 28th December 2008

TBC

?????????

Hope to see you all there, and THANK YOU for your support all you lovely soul people. :D NEL, WOODY, YOCKY.

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I would just like to say well done to the empress soul crew and also the lady dj's it was a fantastic night the best soul night around at the moment. I cant belive know one has posted about the empress rooms come on people get posting. I will be posting some pics in the gallery soon so look out.

keep on keeping on :wave::wave:

Wait for it, Wait for it, you lovely boys. wink.gif

Back soon, not enough time as I have to got to work but, "I'll be back" to enlighten the unenlightened about saturday night @ The Empress. :(:lol:

Spot. :lol:

Just get a quicky in before spots inevitable 'super report' hits the pages rolleyes.gif

Great night as allways and the Lady Jocks did us proud - First class music accross the whole spectrum,(could make us male dj's worry over redundancy :( ) as ever a full floor all night and as Joy says 'atmosphere you cant buy'

This place really does go from strength to strength and this has got to be down in no small part to the constant behind the scenes work from the organisers-I am priveleged to be friends with all concerned and have seen first hand the efforts they go through to make things happen-Well done Yocky, Nell , Woody and partners :lol:

Now Firmly established as one of Yorkshires premier events -A well deserved place on the map-Packed Houses and demand outstripping available tickets can only mean one thing, You lot have really got it right!

Thanx all for a great night and looking forward to the next one :lol:

M.

Just get a quicky in before spots inevitable 'super report' hits the pages rolleyes.gif

Great night as allways and the Lady Jocks did us proud - First class music accross the whole spectrum,(could make us male dj's worry over redundancy :lol: ) as ever a full floor all night and as Joy says 'atmosphere you cant buy'

This place really does go from strength to strength and this has got to be down in no small part to the constant behind the scenes work from the organisers-I am priveleged to be friends with all concerned and have seen first hand the efforts they go through to make things happen-Well done Yocky, Nell , Woody and partners :lol:

Now Firmly established as one of Yorkshires premier events -A well deserved place on the map-Packed Houses and demand outstripping available tickets can only mean one thing, You lot have really got it right!

Thanx all for a great night and looking forward to the next one :lol:

M.

Thanks mark for the kind words I know i can speak for all concerned when i say we realy enjoy putting the nights on.Ime glad to get that dress of though ,I want to thank all the lady Djs they were brilliant with masses of enthusiasm and all played fantastic spots .but I cant let it go by without thanking Jean (my missus) holly (yokie & Joys daughter) and Joy for the fantastic job they did of trimming the stage and the room it looked great ,Well done girls,.dont know were the last two DJs Nellena And Davella crawled in from but good god they were ugly buggers but sexy in a strange kind of way HA Ha ,.See ya when we get back from oz . Nel

quote Nel ''dont know were the last two DJs Nellena And Davella crawled in from but good god they were ugly buggers but sexy in a strange kind of way HA Ha ,.''

Yockys 'on mike' clip seemed to sum this pair up!

''Seen the Vandellas but weve got the Van dwellers'' tongue.gif:lol::lol:

Must be Trailer Trash eh Nel! :lol:

Edited by MarkWhiteley
Thanks mark for the kind words I know i can speak for all concerned when i say we realy enjoy putting the nights on.Ime glad to get that dress of though ,I want to thank all the lady Djs they were brilliant with masses of enthusiasm and all played fantastic spots .but I cant let it go by without thanking Jean (my missus) holly (yokie & Joys daughter) and Joy for the fantastic job they did of trimming the stage and the room it looked great ,Well done girls,.dont know were the last two DJs Nellena And Davella crawled in from but good god they were ugly buggers but sexy in a strange kind of way HA Ha ,.See ya when we get back from oz . Nel

Well it's ladies night & the feelings right, well it's ladies night, Oh what a night!!! Truer words words have never been spoken & as Jim "Lovely,smashing, fantastic" Bowen would have said, "Didn't they do well, folks". :D

Arrived early (cos we had to leave early) to gain full advantage of a Joy's special kiss & cuddle welcome :P , which always perks me up no end. Lots of raffle prizes at the door (YES, I did buy some tickets.) & Joy tells me they raised over £300 or £350 for Charity,(Sorry Joy was a little tired when you rang me to discuss Prestatyn chalets with Woody(?), as we'd just return from Lifeline niter, so unsure of exact amount. :lol: ) absolutely fantastic girls, step forward & take a bow. :(

Slower than normal to fill but within an hour all the tables were full & as usual the place was up & running, with the atmosphere building it's usual head of steam,toot-toot, come on train.Also glad to see someone had worked out that windows are for opening as well as looking through, so not it's normal "Hot as Ghandi's flipflop in the dessert" hot. :ohmy:

Early doors Rosie lead the way encouraging us to hit the floor, even though our taut & aching limbs tried to dissuade us, & a fine job she did, with a mix of old & not so old tunes.Not sure of the order of merit after that but Laura Lou followed by the Brandy Sisters kept the floor packed to perfection for next 2 hours, I did hear that some brave soul asked the Brandy's to play some"Fanny Music" & received a witty & subtle retort & also managed to retain all of their limbs!!

Carole McCarthy was "bricking it" to say the least, unsure of what to play but "Don't worry about a thing, cos every little things gonna be alright" & guess what Carole it was, you did the business, as we knew you would. Sam, I can only apologise as we had to leave halfway through your set but as every being a dancer yourself first, you played to the floor & kept the masses happy. :lol:

Due to our early departure we missed (Thank God for small mercies) the one off appearance of mystery Dj's Funky Spunky & Lumpy Dumpy but known to myself as Neil "Bet Lynch" Goddard & Dave "Phylis Dillar" Wood, who from the photo's (Yes, I have documented evidence for future liable suits & blackmail attempts.) looked much too comfortable in their attire for my liking & I heard Neil is still refusing to hand back the pantyhose & thong. :D

So as I've said a thousand times, a great venue with happy friendly people,run for the right reasons by a group of the nicest people I've ever met or am likely to meet. If you've not been then you don't know what your missing & it's pointless me say "Go" cos if you don't buy your ticket for the next one within hours of the one you've attended, then you won't get one anyway & you'll go on the "waiting list" like the 30 or so for this one & by the way only 6 tickets were returned, hows that for a loyal following?

So till I open my big gob again & ramble on, take care & be safe,

Spot. :lol:

p.s. Nell & Jean have a GREAT time in Oz & an even GREATER Birthday,my m8. :D

Edited by spot

Can't argue with any of the previous comments, what an excellent night it was! The atmosphere was electric, the lady DJ's providing an ever flowing tide of quality tunes, cumulating in a dance floor overflowing with eager enthusiastic dancers. I take my hat off to you ladies. Surely this must rate amongst one of the best venues in Yorkshire, attendance is never a problem always full with friendly welcoming people, what more can one ask for?

Just one question has Davella got a sister? I found this pic whilst Googling for witch images for Haloween.

woodywitchta6.jpg

Unfortunatly i missed this one due to family committments, however I will say that i have been to previous Empress nights and the Promoters give you exactly what they promote.....a cracking good night of Soul.

For anyone that has not been its a tailor made soul venue< great bar area for those who want a natter, an area thats ideal for record dealers, and a ballroom made for soul,

My only gripe, it gets that full theres not much "BALL...ROOM" :) when yer dancin

Joking aside about gonads..get to the next one...and you'll keep going after that its a perfect soul event with a great social friendly atmsophere created by hard working promoters.

Geeooooordie

Source Advert