What Great Weekend

What a brilliant weekend at Prestatyn top marks to all involved in organising

such a huge event all the live acts where tremendous great music from the

backing band and top notch soul played by all the DJ,S .........

Trillions of 45,s to look through in the record room with some great 45,s for

sale expensive rare goodies and bargains all over the place I picked up

Ray Marchand--Your Ship of Fools--Dore ( off Mr Frost )

Moses Smith--Keep on Striving--Cotillion

Blues Busters--Happy Man--BRA ( great 45 off Johnny Beggs )

Timothy Wilson--Hey Girl, Do You Love Me--Veep

William Surratt & The Esquires--Rock Me --Pyramid

Intentions--My Love Shes Gone--Kent

Dynamics--I Wanna Know--BigTop

Charles Farren--You,ve Changed My Whole Life Around--Hawk

I also had a good couple days selling to fund that little lot plus my huge drinks

bill at the bar over two days :yes: .. Pity it was so bloody cold outside I nearly froze

to death tryin to sleep in the early hours of Sat morning my cell mates

Rob & Sam Messer and Dylan and his missus plus Sam,s friend Lisa

where all snuggled up in their own bedding they had brought themselves

while poor unfortante me was on the floor in a crap sleeping bag ,Sat nite

I got my fishing jacket out of the car and wrapped that around me so early Sun morn I did manage to get 30 seconds shut-eye pity that music was still going around inside my pea brain whistling.gif .

Funniest moments was the Legendary Rodger Banks doing his Radio show

Sat Morn 9--11 am he had us in stitches the guy is has mad as a brush

the call to muslim pray ever hour cracked us up, yip Rodger is a wasted talent

1000 times funnier than most comedians and the music was,nt bad either

good un Mr Banks :) ..Thanks to everyone for making this weekend

one of the best ever for me..God Bless

Regards Ian Cunliffe ( off to bed to catch up and dry out sleep3.gif )

Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Johnny One Trout

Moses Smith--Keep on Striving--Cotillion

link

Ian if you don't mind me asking how much did this set you back and did you get Julian to a drink whistling.gif

John

Social source share

Ian if you don't mind me asking how much did this set you back and did you get Julian to a drink whistling.gif

John

link

===============================================

Hi John the Moses Smith-- Keep on stri, is a stock copy which I was well pleased with, much harder than the demo, Rick who was selling it was asking 250

but we go back a long way and in the end he let me have it for £150 which

was very nice of him ,must go back to Prestatyn and untie him from that tree.

Saw Julian Sat nite nickin drinks off tables !!! ( just jokin Jules ! )

It was a top weekend John never seen so many 45,s its a wonder they still

find them Stateside .....

Regards Ian

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Hi John the Moses Smith-- Keep on stri, is a stock copy which I was well pleased with, much harder than the demo, Rick who was selling it was asking 250

but we go back a long way and in the end he let me have it for £150 which

was very nice of him ,must go back to Prestatyn and untie him from that tree.

Saw Julian Sat nite nickin drinks off tables !!! ( just jokin Jules ! )

It was a top weekend John never seen so many 45,s its a wonder they still

find them Stateside .....

Regards Ian

link

Good price that Ian great record btw both sides sleep3.gif:) and mine a stock copy too :yes:

Good job i didn't go then with all those records it would have depressed me whistling.gif:)

Social source share

Great aviator Shute Muffin the Mule, about the only thing missing was a

bit of the owd muff....

whistling.gif

link

-----------

really wickeeed weekend, i enjoyed it from start to finish and so did me crew whistling.gif:rolleyes:whistling.gif AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cya next ya all. DEL XXXX

Social source share

Guest Andy BB

Cracking weekend. My first Prestatyn, very impressed with the venue. brilliant atmosphere and never had to queue up to get a drink, very nice.

Nice mix of tunes in the main room and I loved the oldies room in the early hours. There was a shady interlude with the 30 minutes of disco stuff in the main room on the last night but even that was worthwhile just to see pocket rocket Niamh steam across the floor to give the DJs her point of view. whistling.gif

We even managed to sunbathe on Sunday afternoon whistling.gif

Social source share

MY FIRST VISIT AND IT WONT BE MY LAST.THIS IS THE BEST WEEKENDER BY FAR IN THE UK.THE ARTISTS AND ALL THE DJS WERE FIRST CLASS.WELL DONE CONSDAD AND ALL WHO SET THE VENUE UP. whistling.gif

Social source share

A truly awesome weekend. I'd also like to reiterate some of Ian's comments and say a big thank you to the guys who organised it. Must have taken a massive effort.

It was a pleasure to meet Mike (aka the voice of reason) & many others 'faces' from Soul Source. Twas also good to meet some of the SSDCT regulars who normally lurk in the basement section of this site. In my infrequent visits to that section of the site I had come to the conclusion that the light was not always fully on down there. Well let me just say that I was pleasantly surprised. whistling.gif

I was told that 2000 people have rebooked for next year. Thats 50% of capacity which is some testament.

There were a couple of negatives which I might post up later.....or which I might post tomorrow, the day affectionately known to us daaarn saaarf as "Suicide Tuesday"

Social source share

was top wekkend to tired to make sense... uuuummmmm 4 nights exc..

going to bed need sleep,, legs hurt voice gone ears ringing..... top laughs with friends... Sunday waas the best night for me...

Oh and while on the subject of bbookinng ... booked next years 9am Saturday morning.

Social source share

It was an OK weekend, the best thing was meeting and chatting with various people. Last year was MUCH better in every way though, and I was very disappointed with this years weekender to be honest. Music not at all as good as last year and the sound in the main room was horrible most of the time which spoiled most of the good music that was played. Too many things to list, but it was practically a different event compared to what it was last year and I didn't like the change. I spoke to a lot of people, and pretty much everyone agreed with me. If it was a conscious move by the people behind the event I must say it was a very bad one, and one that will probably backfire sooner or later. Last years event was possibly the best I have been to in the UK, and therefore it makes me especially sad that this year was a disappointment since I had really been looking forward to it a long time. There were many good things about the weekender despite everything and there was good music to be heard, and a big thanks to those who delivered, you should know who you are. I like oldies and can really enjoy some oldies sets, even 'crazy oldies' sets occasionally can be great fun, but I don't see much point in having a dedicated oldies room this time when it was so much oldies in the main room. The funny thing is that the music was much better last year in the main room and the floor was busier last year too, which if anything supports my view. I know just how good some DJ's can be and because of this it is extra disappointing that many did not deliver like they could have done this time.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Guest glyn-w

As the title of this thread says :-

What Great Weekend !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

link

The last time i herd MUFFIN THE MULE was a SEXUAL OFFENCE...

Im`e gone :wicked:

Social source share

Guest glyn-w

Did you have to look at your crib sheet? :wicked:

link

Yeah...... it mentiond you .. it said you thought fu*k all was a stately home....

ile get my coat :yes:

Social source share

christian h did you have ear mufflers on?i spoke to people and they said the music was better than last year.Maybe you like listening to the same old box standard oldies that they play at other weekenders? :wicked:

Social source share

Did you completely misunderstand my posts? Or are you a moron? Or are you joking with me? I spent most of the time in the main room this year and I also did last year and the music was much better last year. Much more progressive last year and loads more quality underplayed tunes than this year. This is fact and not a matter of debate, one can debate whether it was better last year or this year depending on what sort of sounds one favours, but there was very definitely much more lesser known, underplayed and just plain good sounds played last year. Last year I heard several really good tracks that were new to me in the main room, this did not really happen much this year. Some DJ's who played quality exclusives, rarities and lesser known things last year mainly played safe and boring and played standard oldies and 'current biggies' this year.

Social source share

i spoke to people and they said the music was better than last year.

You must have spoken to oldies fans then, everyone I spoke to agreed that the music was much better last year.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!