Song Of The Weekend

Guest Richard Bergman

Guest Richard Bergman

Didnt hear too many tunes I hadn't heard before at Prestayn but fell in love with papa bear & the cubs "youre so fine" both played by Arthur Fenn in the main and modern rooms - Excellent track - whistling.gif

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I was only there for 12 hours Saturday / Sunday , so no doubt alot of great tracks that I didn't hear. In the Queen Vic saturday night the Hideaway crew played some good sounds, and a couple of favourites of mine I heard were...

Westsiders...Don't you know...U/A or Leopard

Drifters...If you don't come back...Atlantic.

Apart from that my brains gone blank........ whistling.gif

Edited by johnmay
Social source share

Too many to remember, but Chris Andertons brilliant session in the "House Of Soul"(Fiday) really blew me away, as did Andy "Tats" Taylors.....

Chris playing "Said You Didn't Love Me" by Strutt and Vivian Copelands "Chaos" ..fantastic, also Ella Woods by Andy (Think he played that?.somebody did). New Century crowd in The Queen Vic(Friday) were playing tune after tune, also Pikeys Dog and his people playing incredible vinyl in the Queen Vic (Sat) was an absolute pleasure....ps great atmosphere there saturday afternoon......Ray Agee "I'm Not Looking Back"...excellent.

Much fun was had especially when lagerlout scared the living daylights out of that baby faced "Security" lad... whistling.gif:)

Edited by Brett
Social source share

Butch's Masqueraders cover up "You gotta pay now" or something similiar, gets better every time I hear it.

link

chalky, what ones this, can you remember if he played it at sheridans, big sound uptempo thing, with a echo'y chorus[ does that make sence], its been playing on my mind ever since.

Social source share

Didnt hear too many tunes I hadn't heard before at Prestayn but fell in love with papa bear & the cubs "youre so fine" both played by Arthur Fenn in the main and modern rooms -  Excellent track -  whistling.gif

link

A top record mate, a big play for Keith Money up here, this must be going for big bucks now :)

Social source share

chalky, what ones this, can you remember if he played it at sheridans, big sound uptempo thing, with a echo'y chorus[ does that make sence], its been playing on my mind ever since.

link

Was definately played at Sheridans, deffo a dancer just can't remember chorus right now to describe, brain not functioning properly whistling.gif

Social source share

Was definately played at Sheridans, deffo a dancer just can't remember chorus right now to describe, brain not functioning properly  whistling.gif

link

Chalky,

Mark Bicknell played a 'Bobby Joy' record (I thnk) on Tangerine (I think) on the Radio.

Any ideas

Thanks

Steve

Edited by BLADEFORLIFE
Social source share

Chalky,

Mark Bicknell played a 'Bobby Joy' record (I thnk) on Tangerine (I think) on the Radio.

Any ideas

Thanks

Steve

link

Maybe....

TRC 981 Bobby Joy You Sweet Devil You Letter From A Soldier

Mark will no doubt say what it was when he reads this.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Maybe....

TRC 981 Bobby Joy You Sweet Devil You Letter From A Soldier

Mark will no doubt say what it was when he rads this.

link

Cheers

Social source share

Well i did'nt play it on the Prestatyn Radio this year as i was at home working, sounds like i missed a belting weekend, yes the track was Bobby Joy - You Sweet Devil You - Tangerine Records, good to know someone listens to my efforts on Solar Radio, hope to see a few of you at the Detroit/Chicago Sheridans Allnighter this coming Saturday March 12th, the music will be top draw i promise.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Guest Byrney

Was definately played at Sheridans, deffo a dancer just can't remember chorus right now to describe, brain not functioning properly  whistling.gif

link

Not getting out as regular as I should do - only the third time I've heard it this weekend, hoofed people out of the way to get to the dancefloor, what an awsome track.

As described by Chalky back in Chez Byrne Chalet 417 "proper"! whistling.gif

Social source share

Well i did'nt play it on the Prestatyn Radio this year as i was at home working, sounds like i missed a belting weekend, yes the track was Bobby Joy - You Sweet Devil You - Tangerine Records, good to know someone listens to my efforts on Solar Radio, hope to see a few of you at the Detroit/Chicago Sheridans Allnighter this coming Saturday March 12th, the music will be top draw i promise.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

link

Thanks Mark. Great show as per usual. Bob Brady, Enchanters, Monorays, COD's etc etc etc

Steve.

Social source share

Too many to remember, but Chris Andertons brilliant session in the "House Of Soul"(Fiday) really blew me away, as did Andy "Tats" Taylors.....

Chris playing "Said You Didn't Love Me" by Strutt and Vivian Copelands "Chaos" ..fantastic, also Ella Woods by Andy (Think he played that?.somebody did). New Century crowd in The Queen Vic(Friday) were playing tune after tune, also Pikeys Dog and his people playing incredible vinyl in the Queen Vic (Sat) was an absolute pleasure....ps great atmosphere there saturday afternoon......Ray Agee "I'm Not Looking Back"...excellent.

Much fun was had especially when lagerlout scared the living daylights out of that baby faced "Security" lad... whistling.gif   :rolleyes:

link

===

Err he wasn't wearing a black parka was he? whistling.gif Anyway, the record for me at Prestatyn was 'coming home baby' Mel Torme. wickeeeed!!!"!! :lol::lol:whistling.gif DEL XX

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!