Tolbert

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Know how hubby feels Alison - great record but OH MY GOD what a price. Won't be long before Northern/Modern Soul is out of the reach of most and in the hands of a lucky few :-(

link

Can see the end auction price of this baby being equal to the cost of a decent 2 carat emerald cut diamond whistling.gifwhistling.gif

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Can see the end auction price of this baby being equal to the cost of a decent 2 carat emerald cut diamond  :lol:   :lol:

link

I could always photo copy Tolbert and you could wear that on your finger :lol:whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif:rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

How many were pressed?

link

Apparently originally there was in excess of 1000 pressed whistling.gifwhistling.gif lord alone knows where they are now though. In the scheme of things that isn't really that many when you consider the minimum press runs for some of the majors whistling.gif

Probably sat collecting dust in someones garage :rolleyes:

Social source share

Apparently originally there was in excess of 1000 pressed  whistling.gif   whistling.gif lord alone knows where they are now though. In the scheme of things that isn't really that many when you consider the minimum press runs for some of the majors  whistling.gif

Probably sat collecting dust in someones garage  :rolleyes:

link

or maybe still sitting there? When was it first played in the UK?

Social source share

or maybe still sitting there? When was it first played in the UK?

link

I think Sam first played it in the mid 80's as part of the moddun thing going down then, and may well have reviewed it in Blackbeat or something. It then got forgotten about, and rediscoevered in 2001... huh.gif

Social source share

SAM ONLY GOT HIS COPY 2/3 YEARS AGO FROM BUTCH FOR £600

SO IF IT WAS MID 80,S IT OBVIOUSLY WASNT SAM..

I KNOW BECAUSE I TRIED TO BUY IT A WEEK TOO LATE.

BBBAAASSSTTTAARRDDDSS

THE GASHER..BUT THIS ONE WILL BE MINE..IT HAS TO BE MINE,

ALL MINE, NOBODYS BUT MINE, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

MINE I TELL YOU ALL MINE,MINE,MINE,MINE,MINE... huh.gifhuh.gifbiggrin.gif

Edited by gash99
Social source share

With discs commanding these kind of prices, its about time there was a Nothern Soul museum opened to let us mortals look at such discs.

I remember the price crash in the early 80s when prices hit rock bottom. Collections were almost given away. God forbid it turns full circle again, or there will be some frustrated collectors.

Ed

Social source share

Guest martyn

Apparently originally there was in excess of 1000 pressed  :yes:   :yes: lord alone knows where they are now though. In the scheme of things that isn't really that many when you consider the minimum press runs for some of the majors  :yes:

Probably sat collecting dust in someones garage  :wicked:

link

1000 pressed!!!

Makes it bloody risky to say the least bidding that sort of money if its KNOWN there MAY be a big haul just around the corner :yes::ohmy:

Social source share

BBBAAASSSTTTAARRDDDSS

MINE I TELL YOU ALL MINE,MINE,MINE,MINE,MINE... :wicked:   :yes:   :yes:

link

Gash - you may well find Sam had it in the 80's, sold it and completely forgot about it when repurchasing it. Don't make me check those Blackbeats now - I'm sure I'll find it mentioned somewhere!

Social source share

Gash - you may well find Sam had it in the 80's, sold it and completely forgot about it when repurchasing it. Don't make me check those Blackbeats now - I'm sure I'll find it mentioned somewhere!

link

Steve, from the look on Sam's face when he heard my bro play it about 5 years ago and ran up to the decks nearly tripping up on the steps in his rush to see what it was, I doubt that he had it. After finally getting his own copy from Butch he always generously credited Dave with turning him on to it whenever he played it.

Jordi

Social source share

Guest taffy

BBBAAASSSTTTAARRDDDSS

MINE I TELL YOU ALL MINE,MINE,MINE,MINE,MINE... :yes:   :yes:   :ohmy:

link

BUTCH ACTUALLY HAD 4 COPIES OF THIS AT THE TIME HE RELIABLY INFORMED ME RECENTLY.DAVE WELDING ALSO OWNS A COPY. :wicked:

Social source share

Steve, from the look on Sam's face when he heard my bro play it about 5 years ago and ran up to the decks nearly tripping up on the steps in his rush to see what it was, I doubt that he had it. After finally getting his own copy from Butch he always generously credited Dave with turning him on to it whenever he played it.

Jordi

link

Ok, fair do's. It's probably one of only a handful of records he didn't get at the time tho'.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!