The Hamilton Movement

ANYONE ELSE SEEN THIS :-

.. NOW AVAILABLE!!!: SOULMAFIA 45 #003!!! ...

... 2 HIGHLY IN DEMAND & HARD TO FIND SUPER-MOVERS HERE AT AN AFFORDABLE PRICE

THE HAMILTON MOVEMENT - SHE'S GONE b/w NAT HALL - WHY (I WANT TO KNOW)

... THESE TUNES ARE CREATING DANCEFLOOR EXCITEMENT AT SOULCLUBS WORLDWIDE!!! ...

... ORDER NOW, ONLY 500 COPIES PRESSED!!!! ...

Simon

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest indiana45s

ANYONE ELSE SEEN THIS  :-

... THESE TUNES ARE CREATING DANCEFLOOR EXCITEMENT AT SOULCLUBS WORLDWIDE!!! ...

Simon

link

Bootleg I presume

Social source share

ANYONE ELSE SEEN THIS  :-

Simon

link

Where is this for sale Simon ? Best Wishes ,Eddie .

Social source share

Where is  this for sale Simon ? Best Wishes ,Eddie .

link

shop.mailorder.distribution.dj-service

Reinprechtsdorfer Str. 60/11

1050 Wien / Austria

tel+fax ++43/1/5449587

www.recordshack.org

recordshack@chello.at

Social source share

Guest indiana45s

Where is  this for sale Simon ? Best Wishes ,Eddie .

link

Not from Original master tapes

Not authorized by label owner.

Bootleg.

Social source share

So next question......Who would buy one, and why whistling.gif

I always find it difficult to understand, why buy a bootleg.......

link

I'm not sure this is a bootleg, was the Vanguards a boot also?

But I would say anyone who doesn't DJ at Northern events and can't afford the price tag of the original - that has been pushed up by those who have far more money than most.

Simon

Edited by simonb
Social source share

But I would say anyone who doesn't DJ at Northern events and can't afford the price tag of the original - that has been pushed up by those who have far more money then most.

Simon

link

thought someone posted already not from tapes or authorized from owner ??

Social source share

Guest Brian Ellis

Mike

Indiana45s posted that it was not from tapes or authorised from owner.

Is that a definitive statement? Perhaps he can confirm?

Brian

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

But I would say anyone who doesn't DJ at Northern events and can't afford the price tag of the original - that has been pushed up by those who have far more money than most.

Simon

link

Go out and find records before some other **** does. you'll get it cheap if you find it before someone else. How much do you think people were picking Hamilton Movement up for on ebay before Soul Sam started playing it? Answer: $160.

The only thing in defence of this booty is that I understand that the person or person's conected to the band were approached about putting this out last year and they were not interested. huh.gif

[edited by site]

switched on moderation day, as said elsewhere - ask all members to follow guidelines when posting

[end of edit]

Social source share

The only thing in defence of this booty is that I understand that the person or  person's conected to the band were approached about putting this out last year and they were not interested. huh.gif

link

If the band don't want it put out, how does that make booting it defensible? I'd say that makes it even worse.... huh.gif

Social source share

Guest dodger

So next question......Who would buy one, and why huh.gif

I always find it difficult to understand, why buy a bootleg.......

link

If it's difficult to understand, let me attempt to explain . . . .

Perhaps not everyone has a hangup about 'originals only'?

Perhaps for some the music is paramount rather than the medium on which it comes?

Perhaps not everyone has aspirations to become a major northern soul DJ and simply love the record and want it a copy to listen to at their leisure??

Perhaps most people don't have a grand to spare for one record or would prefer to spend that money on something of use in everyday life, i.e. a secondhand car, plasma telly, computer, new floor for their lounge etc. etc.

I understand the arguments against bootlegs, royalties to the artist etc. etc. and I actually don't condone it in the slightest, I know it's wrong, but in the real world on a record like this or any of these rare 30 year old records, somebody taking it upon themselves to illegally make a few hundred copies is probably doing more good for the 'scene' as a whole, making available a copy of a record that most people love yet are frustrated that they probably will never own so having a 'bootleg' is the next best thing. And I'd hazard a guess that it will hardly reduce the market value of the Hamilton Movement in the same way that mp3 downloads do to current artists.

The good thing about something like this is that it upsets Chief Inspector Richard Head of the Soul Police and his handful of Lieutenants and wannabee informants, and gets them on their high horse crying and bleating like silly children. See, there's always an upside to these things!! huh.gifbiggrin.gif:rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

If the band don't want it put out, how does that make booting it defensible? I'd say that makes it even worse....  huh.gif

link

I'd agree with that. But it is the only thing that could be used in defence of it being bootlegged. I wouldn't use it in defence, I ment it could be used to defend it. huh.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!