Barry

Mohawk stock - £200

Mohawk demo-£250 vinyl

Mohawk demo- £200 styrene

Pandora- £700

Here's the 2 Demos

Mohawk_45-703b_WDJ.jpg-Vinyl

Mohawk_45-703b_DJ.jpg-Styrene

I haven't seen an Original Stock Copy, anyone know if it is Styrene or Vinyl.

Or is there a Stock Copy for each DEMO.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Can't find my bootleg guide, but were'nt the boots orange/styrene?

Bootlegs are orange and black(no white) and made of styrene. Monarch pressing, triangle 96313-x with the MR stamp.

Social source share

I can't imagine that many old legs being able to keep up these days.

I bought it last year to play out, and we was at Bisley one night at the begining of this year and it came on... there was 2 of us dancing to it.. (it was early doors) and I thought sod this me feet can't keep up.. so I traded it for a couple of other bits... great record and a fav of mine .....

me brain was in time, yet me feet let me down a bit..

Social source share

I bought it last year to play out, and we was at Bisley one night at the begining of this year and it came on... there was 2 of us dancing to it.. (it was early doors) and I thought sod this me feet can't keep up.. so I traded it for a couple of other bits... great record and a fav of mine .....

me brain was in time, yet me feet let me down a bit..

The records I buy are bought for what they give me, and I'll get a lot out of (eventually, 28 years on) getting a proper issue of Miss Dacosta. :thumbup:

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Bootlegs are orange and black(no white) and made of styrene. Monarch pressing, triangle 96313-x with the MR stamp.

Just to complete this, here is a Scan of the Boot on Mohawk.

-----------------* BOOT *

Mohawk_45-703b_B.jpg-Styrene

-----------------* BOOT *

Edited by 45cellar
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Oops ! :no: lol .... Be careful Barry :lol:

1700+ - 99.9 % feedback - you wouldn't think would you!?

But you're right - you can still trip up. :)

It's sorted, I think my certain way with words in situations such as this, helped him along the way to sort it sharpish. :g:

Social source share

1700+ - 99.9 % feedback - you wouldn't think would you!?

But you're right - you can still trip up. :shhh:

It's sorted, I think my certain way with words in situations such as this, helped him along the way to sort it sharpish. wink.gif

Hi Barry

Sorry you've problems with It Mate.

Pleased that you have sorted it out.

Social source share

• 9 years later...
On 11/1/2007 at 03:55, 45cellar said:

Here's the 2 Demos

Mohawk_45-703b_WDJ.jpg-Vinyl

Mohawk_45-703b_DJ.jpg-Styrene

I haven't seen an Original Stock Copy, anyone know if it is Styrene or Vinyl.

Or is there a Stock Copy for each DEMO.

The original orange styrene demo shown above has a delta number# 75782 .... BUT the original white vinyl demo shown above does not have the delta number in the runout.   Is that correct?

Social source share

Used to have a copy of this classic on the "Pandora"  Record Label, Soul Sam used to play it at Cleethorpes Pier and liked that version so made a point of locating one but wasn't easy, mix is noticeably different, bit more bass and balls to it, In the end it went to Manship with a load of other stuff when thinning out to buy other things to play so one i don't own anymore, Be interesting to know how many of these are about but certainly doesn't come up for sale these days. 

Social source share

Nice one Swifty, Were you there the nite Dave Godin was there ? He spent most of his time sat with Mary Chapman talking "Soul" (What else?) telling her how much he loved The Cleethorpes Sound because it was so Diverse, He was a very interesting man to chat to and very knowlageable and always had time for you if you wanted to talk about the music he was obviously so passionate about, Happy Days\Nites:thumbsup: PS i still have the Ideals And The Mighty Lovers,:yes:

Edited by RICK SCOTT
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

9 hours ago, sunnysoul said:

The original orange styrene demo shown above has a delta number# 75782 .... BUT the original white vinyl demo shown above does not have the delta number in the runout.   Is that correct?

Yes, that is correct.

There is "SELECT SOUND" Stamped in the NO! NO! NO! side on my White DEMO

• Up vote 1
Social source share

17 hours ago, RICK SCOTT said:

Used to have a copy of this classic on the "Pandora"  Record Label, Soul Sam used to play it at Cleethorpes Pier and liked that version so made a point of locating one but wasn't easy, mix is noticeably different, bit more bass and balls to it, In the end it went to Manship with a load of other stuff when thinning out to buy other things to play so one i don't own anymore, Be interesting to know how many of these are about but certainly doesn't come up for sale these days. 

A copy on Pandora sold on eBay couple of days ago. Went for £800+ but does not showup on Popsike. Agreed though, does not come up for sale often wheras the Mohawk version does pop up occasionally.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!