Sheridans Easter Sunday Allniter

• Replies 141
  • Views 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Due to a lot of peeps travelin up from dann sarf we are going to open at 9pm now and still close at f~~k knows  :) .

link

Keep up the good work Andy - I am going to try and get up to one of these over the summer as I keep hearing good things about it....

Reminds me of a song we would sing at the footie many years ago.."Come in peace and go home in Pieces" :lol:   :lol:

link

Yeah, but you were a young man then, and the Leeds Road ground hasn't been used for years now :Pwhistling.gif

Andy...save us a ticket, will you?

Glad to say that i can now definitely make this nighter, just gotta' arrange lift hopefully with Vault of Souler and Shane.

See you fine people there.... :thumbsup:

Glad to say that i can now definitely make this nighter, just gotta' arrange lift hopefully with Vault of Souler and Shane.

See you fine people there.... whistling.gif

link

Myself, Brett and Shane plus my mate Tony Wiggan and partner Julia are deffos.... if names needed on door to ensure entry or save ticket then can you add these Andy :lol: ....

Should be landing about 10.30 :huh: ....

Myself, Brett and Shane plus my mate Tony Wiggan and partner Julia are deffos.... if names needed on door to ensure entry or save ticket then can you add these Andy :lol: ....

Should be landing about 10.30 :rolleyes: ....

link

Myself, Becky and Gill wil also be coming, so stick our names on the door if that will be needed, although we are aiming to get there early, navigation isnt really my thing and last time I drove we almost ended up in Hull :lol:

Myself, Becky and Gill wil also be coming, so stick our names on the door if that will be needed, although we are aiming to get there early, navigation isnt really my thing and last time I drove we almost ended up in Hull  :rolleyes:

link

Hi Karen looking forward to a chat mate, see you later.

Brett

Guest becky c

Myself, Becky and Gill wil also be coming, so stick our names on the door if that will be needed, although we are aiming to get there early, navigation isnt really my thing and last time I drove we almost ended up in Hull  :lol:

link

Twas those crafty signs for Goole, we learnt our lesson :rolleyes:

Shall have to find my tiny little yellow man Karen, he's feeling mischevious.

Becky

Lets get this thread back at the top where it belongs, but hell let's also make it interesting (Kev watch and learn ) Chalky you going to put Gladys in your box ?...hope so..see you fine people tomorrow.

Records selected which took two minutes...lol, it's Saturday night just waiting for the 'Stars In Their Eye's' grand final result i'm a sad bugger, day off Sunday plan on staying in bed most of the day as working on Monday and a little matter of Sheridans Sunday night to look forward too, can't wait it's gonna be a banging night, top DJ's, top people, see you at the bar Brett, Jamie, Rich, Chalky, Andy, Karen and all.

Rgards - Mark Bicknell.

Guest ShaneH

Andy, have you arranged for the 'bunny girls' cos you can pi** off if you think I am doing it. :)

See y'all later. looks like its gonna be a good one! :sleep3:

Shane

Soultown policy is something for everyone and i like to think we deliver that.Main thing though is have a good time

Well we finally made it to Sherries for a soultown niter. Been lodsa times before but not managed the soultown one, for various reasons. So now for a bit of a review as I promised Andy. Well someone unbiased (and that's not just Andy reading the posts from all you dj's :sleep3: ) is a better bet to do a proper review.

Arrived to find a full carpark, so that was a good sign. No sooner in the place than lots of familiar faces, also a number of faces don't see elsewhere so some locals in? All up for it anyway, full dance floor all night in main room and also often full floor in the bar. In fact if I do have any complaints it's when sherries is as full as this that it could do with more dancefloor and more toilets. Hate to mention the domestics but the girls took over the gents a couple of times during the night when queues for the ladies were a bit on the lengthy side.

Put Andy's quote above as I can't find any better words myself, it delivered exactly what he said, 'something for everyone'.

On the music front we arrived for Nige Shaw's spot in the bar and probably left before his spot in the main room. Didn't want to risk getting stuck in bank holiday traffic on the mway and a lot on at home today. Have asked the soulsville boys to send me or put their playlists up, so that should give you a flavour of what got played. Some I recall, in no order and from both rooms and all dj's ;

New Breed Kinda Woman, Carole and Gerri - Heartaches, Jerry Tiffe, Eddie Parker - Love You Baby, Constellations, Promised Land-Sam Moultrie, Shirley Lawson, Dorothy Berry - Don't Give Me Love, Gwen Davies.

Different music playing in both rooms and spent a fair bit of the night in the bar, going through the records and chatting, then popping into the main room to see what was going on. Didn't hear but got told Arthur Fenn played My Proposal and Andy Dyson Dynamite Exploded, two I wished I'd been in the main room to dance to. Caught Andy M's spot, in the bar, yes Andy I noted you played the Ideals you'd recently got, Ann Sexton - everyonehe singing along to that one, Sister Sledge then Backstabbers - was that you or the dj who followed. That was the signal for more modern stuff anyway and a fuller dance floor in the bar area.

Dj's already listed on this thread earlier so no need to repeat names. Andy D, Pikey's dog or should that be Joe?, Shane, Sid Jones, some of the record boxes that I recall. Pool table top covered with lp's. Didn't buy a thing, although wrote a few down ready for the next Boxing Clever.

Will we be back - yes.

Gaye

Guest Jamie

thanks gaye glad you enjoyed it,see you soon  :sleep3: .

link

Just wanna say thanks for having us on, Andy :(

Really enjoyed it :(

Once I get hold of Rich we'll post up a playlist as Gaye mentioned.

Although I'm not sure which thread to post in on now!!! wink.gif

Jamie :(

Just wanna say thanks for having us on, Andy  yes.gif

Really enjoyed it  :(

Once I get hold of Rich we'll post up a playlist as Gaye mentioned.

Although I'm not sure which thread to post in on now!!!  :(

Jamie :(

link

-------------------

Typical, put my post up first and the rest of the unruly lot couldn't be bothered to find it :sleep3: not really wink.gif

Should it be moved mods?

gaye

Guest Jamie

-------------------

Typical, put my post up first and the rest of the unruly lot couldn't be bothered to find it whistling.gif not really :thumbsup:

Should it be moved mods?

gaye

link

I'll post it up on both anyway :thumbsup:

Right, let's get typing :wicked:

Jamie whistling.gif

Well we finally made it to Sherries for a soultown niter. Been lodsa times before but not managed the soultown one, for various reasons. So now for a bit of a review as I promised Andy. Well someone unbiased (and that's not just Andy reading the posts from all you dj's  whistling.gif ) is a better bet to do a proper review.

Arrived to find a full carpark, so that was a good sign. No sooner in the place than lots of familiar faces, also a number of faces don't see elsewhere so some locals in? All up for it anyway, full dance floor all night in main room and also often full floor in the bar. In fact if I do have any complaints it's when sherries is as full  as this that it could do with more dancefloor and more toilets. Hate to mention the domestics but the girls took over the gents a couple of times during the night when queues for the ladies were a bit on the lengthy side.

Put Andy's quote above as I can't find any better words myself, it delivered exactly what he said, 'something for everyone'.

On the music front we arrived for Nige Shaw's spot in the bar and probably left before his spot in the main room. Didn't want to risk getting stuck in bank holiday traffic on the mway and a lot on at home today. Have asked the soulsville boys to send me or put their playlists up, so that should give you a flavour of what got played. Some I recall, in no order and from both rooms and all dj's ;

New Breed Kinda Woman, Carole and Gerri - Heartaches, Jerry Tiffe, Eddie Parker - Love You Baby, Constellations, Promised Land-Sam Moultrie, Shirley Lawson, Dorothy Berry - Don't Give Me Love, Gwen Davies. 

Different music playing in both rooms and spent a fair bit of the night in the bar, going through the records and chatting, then popping into the main room to see what was going on. Didn't hear but got told Arthur Fenn played My Proposal and Andy Dyson Dynamite Exploded, two I wished I'd been in the main room to dance to. Caught Andy M's spot, in the bar, yes Andy I noted you played the Ideals you'd recently got, Ann Sexton - everyonehe singing along to that one, Sister Sledge then Backstabbers - was that you or the dj who followed. That was the signal for more modern stuff anyway and a fuller dance floor in the bar area.

Dj's already listed on this thread earlier so no need to repeat names. Andy D, Pikey's dog or should that be Joe?, Shane, Sid Jones, some of the record boxes that I recall. Pool table top covered with lp's. Didn't buy a thing, although wrote a few down ready for the next Boxing Clever.

Will we be back - yes.

Gaye

link

Nice review Gaye - gave us folks that didnt make it a flavour of the night whistling.gif (We fancied coming over after the Orwell finished but I was ten past squiffy and not making any sense)

Guest Jamie

Okely Dokely,

Jamie & Rich

2:20 - 3:30

Ivorys - Please Stay - Despenza

Brenda & Tabs - That's In The Past - Dionn

Rhonda Davis - Can You Remember - Duke

Sweet Delights - Baby Be Mine - ATCO (For Karen)

Jo Ann Garrett - Little Brown Letter - Duo

Chubby & Turnpikes - I Know The Inside Story - Capitol (For Little Richie)

Patrice Holloway - Stolen Hours - Capitol

21st Century Ltd - Coming Right Back - Dot

Constellations - I Didn't Know How To - Gemini Star

George Byrd - I'm Available - TRC

Tobi Lark - Happiness Is Here - Topper

Tony Galla - In Love - Swan (For Dave)

Duke Browner - Crying Over You - Impact

Monorays - Love - 20th Century

Bobby Reed - If I Don't Love You - Bell

Imaginations - Strange Neighbourhood - Fraternity

Tony Drake - Suddenly - Brunswick (For Brett)

Guitar Ray - You're Gonna Wreck My Life - Shagg

The Mob - I Dig Everything About You - Colossus (For Little Richie)

Frederick Hymes III - Time Ain't Gonna Do Me No Favor - Fab Vegas

Natural Four - Hanging On To A Lie - Boola Boola

Eddie Billups - Shake Off That Dream - Helpp

Paul Peek - I'm Movin' Uptown - Columbia (For Brett)

Pioneers - My Good Friend James - Mercury (For Rt. Rev. Kenny Lynch)

I think I mentioned earlier we loved doing it. Great response from the dancers and an appreciated thumbs-up from others. That's what makes it all worthwile and justifies why I go without and live on a sack of potatos for 3 weeks because I've no money for anything else whistling.gif A mixed bag was the set and some mega cheapies in there along with the others.

Hope to be back again for Round 2

Jamie & Rich

(Soulsville Leeds)

Edited by Jamie

You squiffy Alison??! :thumbsup:

Well we had a brilliant time - great tunes and great company! Loads of SS's there - Shane, Pikey and Bec, Mark E, Brett, Reg, Steve Cato, Rich, Karen, Dave, Rachel, Chalky etc - I could go on for ages as were loads there! Also met a few new bods like Nick & Hannah (will sort CDs! - PM me with address) as well which was nice. Me and Jamie had a blast double decking and both rooms were full for most of the night which was great to see whistling.gif Thanks to Andy for inviting us whistling.gif

Funny moment of the night for me was in the main room. Rich walked up to me with a drink and at the very moment he got to about a metre away, Brett (who hadn't seen him approaching) launched himself into a Black & Decker like spin and sent the glass flying into smashed smithereens on the floor :P:D:wicked:

Brill night and roll on the next one!! :thumbsup:

And don't forget Soulsville on Friday in Leeds this Friday 1st April!

Rich

Another brilliant night...well done Andy whistling.gif

Great company and a real variety of music, sometimes wished I could be in two rooms at once.

A good set from the Leeds boys :wicked: ....thanks for Tony Galla, Rich (see, I was on the floor when you played it, and I have to report that I received a cynical "dance floor foul" from a member of the SSCwhatever during that number!!!!!) :thumbsup:

What a well chosen set from Hannah and Nick, as well!

Particularly enjoyed Hannah's enthusiasm behind the decks....in fact you could say she's the antidote to Rob Thomas whistling.gif:thumbsup: (no offence, Mr T :P )

As if all that wasn't enough, Shane told a FUNNY joke as well!

Dave

WELL GOT TO SAY IT SOULTOWN IS THE BISS TOP NITE TOP DJs TOP MUSIC &TOP PEEPS wicked.gif IF I COULD REMEMBER MY SET I PLAYER IN FRONT ROOM I WILL PUT IT ON.I KNOW I STARTED 60s THEN PLAYED 70s IF THAT HELPS BUT DID KEEP A RECORD OF MAIN ROOM :thumbsup:

THE VAN DYKES/SAVE MY LOVE FOR A RAINY DAY

KELL OSBORNE/SMALL THINGS

THE UNITED FOUR/SHE,S PUTTING YOU ON

LEN JEWELL/BETTIN ON LOVE

THE VICTORS/HURT

MICKY LANAY/IM GONNA WALK

PRECISIONS/IF THIS IS LOVE

STEINWAYS/YOU,VE BEEN LEADING ME ON

CONSTELLATIONS/I DONT KNOW ABOUT YOU

TAN-GEERS/LET MY HEART & SOUL BE FREE

SUGAR & SPICES/HAVE FAITH IN ME

ANNE HAYWOOD/CROOK HIS LITTLE FINGER

MONTCLAIRS/HEY YOU

MASQUERADERS/I AINT GONNA STOP

FOUR SONICS+ONE/TELL ME YOUR MINE

PATTIE & THE EMBLEMS/IT,S THE LITTLE THING

BOBBY SMITH/WALK ON INTO MY HEART

JOANIE SOMMERS/DONT PITY ME

HOWARD GUYTON/I WATCHED YOU SLOWLY SLIP AWAY

MIRACLES/IF YOUR MOTHER ONLY KNEW

SAM FLETCHER/I,D THINK IT OVER

KURT HARRIS/EMPEROR OF MY BABY,S HEART

GERRI GRANGER/I GO TO PIECES

ARTISTICS/THIS HEART OF MINE

REALLY ENJOYED GREAT COMPANY MET AFEW PEEPS OF SSC I,M BACK ON THE END OF MAY LOOKIN FORWARD TO IT ALREADY IF YOU AINT BEEN TO A SOULTOWN DO YET YOU,VE MISSED SOME OF THE BEST NITES IN THE COUNTRY SO GET YOUR ARSES UP THERE ITS WELL WORTH THE DRIVE THANKS ANDY FOR YOUR SUPPORT IN SOULWALKING AND EVERYBODY WHO HAS SUPPORTED ME ON MY TRECK(DONT FORGET HEAVENLY BLOCKED AT THE GRAND ATLANTIC WESTON-SUPER-MARE 2nd APRIL 8.00 TILL 2.00 £5.00 OTD FREE 1.00 TILL 5.00 IN THE AFTERNOON) :thumbsup:

HEAVENLY BLOCKED :wicked:ph34r.gif

Guest Richard Bergman

As if all that wasn't enough, Shane told a FUNNY joke as well!

Dave

link

The one about Pikey's dog and Michael Jackson by any chance? Yes he told me that, then about 4 more more people proceeded to tell me it again thru the course of the night..just in case I didn't get it the first time ohmy.gif:thumbsup:

Good night by the way-left at 4, as things on Monday and was giving Mark a lift ,but had a good 'n nevertheless wicked.gif

The one about Pikey's dog and Michael Jackson by any chance?  Yes he told me that, then about 4 more more people proceeded to tell me it again thru the course of the night..just in case I didn't get it the first time :thumbsup:   ph34r.gif

Good night by the way-left at 4, as things on Monday and was giving Mark a lift ,but had a good 'n nevertheless :thumbsup:

link

Bugger, keep doing this- above quote's from me not Joe..I'm losing it wicked.gif

Guest Jamie

Bugger, keep doing this- above quote's from me not Joe..I'm losing it  :thumbsup:

link

Thank God!! ph34r.gif

I said my bye-byes to him about 8:00 and that post had me scratching my head :wicked::thumbsup:

Must stop going to these all-nighters wicked.gif

Jamie

(Nice to see you anyway, Reg :P )

Edited by Jamie

Something like this..... (BTW this is Shane's joke not mine so don't blame me Joe please)

Michael Jackson invited Pikey's dog to Neverland when he was a kid-he got his own room.

I think it's possible that you may have heard that before...... ohmy.gifwicked.gif

Guest rachel

What else can I add, great to see everyone - a brilliant night to end a great weekend... I was still dancing at 9am (slowly, mind you, with moments of semi-consciousness inbetween!). Excellent music in both rooms, I agree with Dave it was hard to choose sometimes. wicked.gif

Something like this..... (BTW this is Shane's joke not mine so don't blame me Joe please)

Michael Jackson invited Pikey's dog to Neverland when he was a kid-he got his own room. 

I think it's possible that you may have heard that before...... ph34r.gif   :thumbsup:

link

I think that might be appreciated on the Stoke thread wicked.gif:thumbsup:

Well, i couldn't make it on sunday because i was footballing on monday. But then i went and broke my finger resulting in me not being able to play football so could have gone after all. :angry:

Haven't been to a soul night for nearly five weeks now wicked.gif

Guest ShaneH

Well, i couldn't make it on sunday because i was footballing on monday. But then i went and broke my finger resulting in me not being able to play football so could have gone after all. :angry:

Haven't been to a soul night for nearly five weeks now  ohmy.gif

link

I bet you and Big Colin are ready for a night out then. All that cuddling on the sofa is fine for a while but you have to get out eventually.

Come out Paul :thumbsup:wicked.gif

Shane

ps. hope you are well mate. you missed a good one at sheridans but there will be many more good nights to be had.

I bet you and Big Colin are ready for a night out then. All that cuddling on the sofa is fine for a while but you have to get out eventually.

Come out Paul  ph34r.gif   blush.gif

Shane

ps. hope you are well mate. you missed a good one at sheridans but there will be many more good nights to be had.

link

Big Colin is history. He had his chance and he blew it!

Was hoping to get out on sat but its my friends birthday so i cant. Might go to prestwich on friday though.

Was hoping to get out on sat but its my friends birthday so i cant. Might go to prestwich on friday though.

link

Not been out for 5 weeks and you're going to Prestwich blush.gif

Guest ShaneH

link

so Colin had his chance then blew it?

Lucky you. blush.gif

Shane

There's a trip planned from these climes to Prestwich :lol:

As you know, it's a long way for me and my colleagues.....is there something we should know? blush.gif

PM if you prefer  ph34r.gif

link

Reg doesn't like Prestwich. I've never been Dave so her reasons for this are unknown!

Think it might be top heavy on the oldies, which doesn't bother me but does with some.

Might see you down there!