Cal Tjader Soul Sauce

ImberBoy

This is one of those tracks that still makes me kinda go ooh when you hear the complexity of the music and the sheer joy to the ear. The xylophone gets right under your skin and burns deep into your memory banks, you aint ever forgetting this tune!

Loved by Jazz Heads and Soulies alike it gives off a resinous of sophistication that the Funk Brothers would die for.

I can never ever remember hearing this played at an allnighter and I only guess it was a Wigan sound? The last time I heard it was Keb Darge bombing the The Altstadt in Dusseldorph with it as a warmer to his funky set, it went down like a tramp on chips.

Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

This is one of those tracks that still makes me kinda go ooh when you hear the complexity of the music and the sheer joy to the ear. The xylophone gets right under your skin and burns deep into your memory banks, you aint ever forgetting this tune!

Loved by Jazz Heads and Soulies alike it gives off a resinous of sophistication that the Funk Brothers would die for.

I can never ever remember hearing this played at an allnighter and I only guess it was a Wigan sound? The last time I heard it was Keb Darge bombing the The Altstadt in Dusseldorph with it as a warmer to his funky set, it went down like a tramp on chips.

Love this. Remember, a couple of years ago, when I started turning from skin reggae to soul & mod stuff, this was one of my faves. And still is...

GUACHI GUARO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Social source share

Grrrrrreat tune, a firm fav of mine for a long time. Love the video. nice!

gary :unsure:

Social source share

Great tune. 60s Latin though surely? Not remotely crossover as I understand the term.

Mind you if I'm wrong I can't be arsed to debate it...

Godz

:thumbup::lol::lol: At least you understand the term :unsure:

Social source share

Great tune..I love Shirley Scotts' version..makes me want to balance fruit on my head...
]

Try Hank Diamonds version too ....my favourite, bit more uptempo although the lyrics are a bit cheesy :lol: ... Hank Diamond

Soul Sauce

Edited by JEM
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!