Detroit / Chicago Allnighter @ Sheridans

Guest Jamie

Guest Jamie

OK my pretties,

Who off the list is playing out at Sheridans this Saturday?

I know there's a few nighters on this weekend, but I think this one offers something a bit different.

So far I know Vaultofsouler, Brett and Shane are going, plus Rich & I. Mr Trouble, Cookie and Jumping Joan are playing there.

So come on then, declare your support!

Jamie :thumbsup:

>>Front Of Flyer<<

>>Rear Of Flyer<<

• Replies 161
  • Views 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest James Trouble

There is a chance I won't be able to make it because of family problems. :shades:

I'll do my best to get there though, although I might be a little late...

:thumbsup:

Guest Jamie

There is a chance I won't be able to make it because of family problems. :)

I'll do my best to get there though, although I might be a little late...

:thumbsup:

link

I wouldn't worry about being late..... Does Sheridans ever close??? :shades:

Guest lagerlout

OK my pretties,

I know there's a few nighters on this weekend, but I think this one offers something a bit different.

So far I know Vaultofsouler, Brett and Shane are going, plus Rich & I. Mr Trouble, Cookie and Jumping Joan are playing there.

Jamie  :thumbsup:

>>Front Of Flyer<<

>>Rear Of Flyer<<

link

so mr&mrs lager and shadow not included in that

to attend list...well so be it, we will spend our money

elsewhere on feed and a new trotting harness

your loss.

or is it that shadow may take some of the limelight

away from you big time charlie d.js

mr lout

OK my pretties,

Jamie  :thumbsup:

>>Front Of Flyer<<

>>Rear Of Flyer<<

link

I'll be there, as I've just woken up from Winter Hibernation...Regards...Ritchie A.

Guest Jamie

I'll be there, as I've just woken up from Winter Hibernation...Regards...Ritchie A.

link

Look forward to meeting you fella. I'm sure we can have one or two cheeky beers at the bar :shades:

See you there,

Jamie :thumbsup:

Guest Jamie

so mr&mrs lager and shadow not included in that

to attend list...well so be it, we will spend our money

elsewhere on feed and a new trotting harness

your loss.

or is it that shadow may take some of the limelight

away from you big time charlie d.js

mr lout

link

You'll be there :shades:

You can't resist a good weekend caper :thumbsup:

Guest rachel

Really fancy this but the trains seem to be well f**ked up this weekend (5 trains on the way there, 7 hours to get home.. or 10 hours on a bus :lol: ) so unless I can learn to drive in three days... whistling.gif

Guest Jamie

Really fancy this but the trains seem to be well f**ked up this weekend (5 trains on the way there, 7 hours to get home.. or 10 hours on a bus  :huh: ) so unless I can learn to drive in three days...  whistling.gif

link

5 trains :lol: Where do you live? Aughtiemaughtie?

I thought you lived in Edinburgh? That's one train down to Leeds, and we could sort a lift out over to Sherries - what's stopping you, hen? :D

Jamie :lol:

This is all very nice and love the support of you all, looks like we are all gonna get very drunk on Saturday, good company, good venue, good music in two rooms that's a promise, so if Johnny Rodgers, Brooks Brothers, Volumes, Falcons, Jimmy Soul Clark, Peoples Choice, Jock Mitchell, Dynamics, Hestitations, Lorraine Chandler, Ringleaders, Inspirations, Jimmy Burns, Ivory.s, Syl Johnson, Wade Flemmons, Deon Jackson, Accents and dozens more quality Detroit and Chicago 45's in room one floats your boat then see you Saturday.......

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Guest rachel

5 trains  shhh.gif   Where do you live? Aughtiemaughtie?

I thought you lived in Edinburgh? That's one train down to Leeds, and we could sort a lift out over to Sherries - what's stopping you, hen?  :shhh:

Jamie  whistling.gif

link

lol yes Edinburgh, would normally be just one change but must be a line shut somewhere :angry: Still... tempted....

Jamie and Rich, Darlings just be there a little before your first two hour spot at 11pm through 1am in the Lounge Bar area, the room with quality moovers, groovers 60's, 70's and more.

Looking forward to getting drunk with you guys.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

link

We shall be there mate, with a certain B.Franklin, Shane H and Mark E to keep us company at the bar :shhh: Got a feeling it's gonna be a fab night, both musically and socially whistling.gif

Rich

Guest rachel

We shall be there mate, with a certain B.Franklin, Shane H and Mark E to keep us company at the bar :shhh: Got a feeling it's gonna be a fab night, both musically and socially  whistling.gif

Rich

link

And I've been persuaded blush.gif See you all there shhh.gif

Cannot wait for this event, started wracking my brain about the myriad of labels that fall under the Detroit/Chicago umbrella...there are simply so many, hope i have the chance to hear "Wrapped, Tied and Tangled", "I Can't Please You ", "No More"....etc, not certain if the lounge room is a Detroit/Chicago happening too?, or is it just fantastic "down - mid" tempo from all over the place (hope so), might even bring a 100 box along and try to get a half hour spot :D , i hear James may be late. i know i'll be in good company with the fellows/gals playin', and also with some close mates Pete Smith (Lagerlout), Mark E (Vault of Souler) and of course Mr Higgins (easily the finest humourist and "wit" on the Soul scene :P ).

So as that famous East Anglian dinner lady says "LET'S BE AVENUE"...........

posted by Brett.........(apparently i am sanctomonious .... :lol: , that made me bawl like a red -haired child :lol: )

Edited by Brett

this also look fun, but i have to study this week end

link

STUDY...good god in heaven, this is Rare Soul, i have a daughter at 8 months, and she fully understood when i danced round my living room to "Haunted House"

and said this is why i will not be at home for yet another weekend........

Don't give me study...hell Mark Bicknell playing the sounds he wants.....Jamie H, Rich B and James T in the lounge.........come on......

Edited by Brett
Guest ShaneH

STUDY...good god in heaven, this is Rare Soul, i have a daughter at 8 months, and she fully understood when i danced round my living room to "Haunted House"

and said this is why i will not be at home for yet another weekend........

Don't give me study...hell Mark Bicknell playing the sounds he wants.....Jamie H, Rich B and James T in the lounge.........come on......

link

tell em Brett! :D

shane

Guest Jamie

this also look fun, but i have to study this week end

link

Olaf, are you over in Leeds now?

If so, we need to meet up :D

Get in touch,

All the best,

Jamie :lol:

Guest Jamie

If anyone is travelling by train on this one, we are meeting at the Weatherspoons Pub in Leeds City Station between 8:00 - 8:30.

We are then catching a train to Mirfield and walking down the hill to Sherries.

Please do tag along if you fancy it.

Jamie

Guest Jamie

Just checked the timetable.

Depart from Leeds: 20:13, 21:13 and 22:13

24min Journey

Cost: £2.70

Return from Mirfield 08:02 and 09:09

Didn't quote price for return journey.

Odds are on us getting the 21:13 train :D

Jamie

Guest Jamie

All aboard the Soul Train  :D   :ohmy: Anymore for the Soul Special??!!

Rich

link

......"It's 2 O'Clock in the morning, and I haven't found my way back home, so come on train da da da da da da-da"

Oooo I think I better leave it :ohmy::ohmy::lol:

Guest rachel

......"It's 2 O'Clock in the morning, and I haven't found my way back home, so come on train da da da da da da-da"

Oooo I think I better leave it  :ohmy:   :ohmy:   :lol:

link

It's ok, you don't have to be home that early :ohmy: Though if we're lost between Leeds and Sheridans at 2am I will be getting worried lol :D

I'll be meeting Mark Etheridge in a boozer near where we reside, not certain what time, will have to check, Marks taking the motor vehicle. Shane it may be the Gypsy Queen around 8pm :ohmy: .

Brett

I'll be meeting Mark Etheridge in a boozer near where we reside, not certain what time, will have to check, Marks taking the motor vehicle. Shane it may be the Gypsy Queen around 8pm :ohmy: .

Brett

link

Don't bother checking Brett.... will make it there at 8pm.... or the boozer on Drake House Retail Park near Sam Jones gym.... ?? Mill Stone/Mile Stone/whatever ??.... as that's nearer to yours.... just confirm which :ohmy: ....

Shane.... you wanting a lift up too ????.... not sure reading Brett's post :ohmy: ....

Give me a bell if wanting a lift.... can sort a pick up place and time after meeting Brett....

Will see one and all later at Sherries :D ....

Guest ShaneH

Don't bother checking Brett.... will make it there at 8pm.... or the boozer on Drake House Retail Park near Sam Jones gym.... ?? Mill Stone/Mile Stone/whatever ??.... as that's nearer to yours.... just confirm which :ohmy: ....

Shane.... you wanting a lift up too ????.... not sure reading Brett's post :ohmy: ....

Give me a bell if wanting a lift.... can sort a pick up place and time after meeting Brett....

Will see one and all later at Sherries :ohmy: ....

link

I would love a lift Mark. :D

Will see you down at Ponds Forge tonight.

Shane

Guest Jamie

Well, it's nearly that time folks.

Just going to get my wig trimmed, shufty through a few records and then hit the boozer in the station for about 8 bells.

I cannae wait!!!! :rolleyes:

Jamie

Guest Jamie

Have fun young man, hope this is a good one for Mr Bicknell, top guy.

Cheers

Jock

link

Cheers Jocko, old boy :yes:

Knowing the crowd that I'm meeting up with, it will be like a scene from a Roman orgy (without the bloke-on-bloke bit :thumbsup: ) :ohmy::yes::D

Are you doing the Wilton next week?

Not sure myself, but will try :D

Jamie :rolleyes:

Shame, that would've been fun to watch...  :rolleyes:   :yes:

Leaving soon, catch you all later  :thumbsup:

link

Just thought about you, Rachel...

playing cd in car and a really nice girly-soul track popped up:

Bee Bee Stans, Front Page Love.....its a beauty, do you know it? :ohmy:

Guest rachel

Just thought about you, Rachel...

Awww, I'm touched :thumbsup:

playing cd in car and a really nice girly-soul track popped up:

Bee Bee Stans, Front Page Love.....its a beauty, do you know it? :ohmy:

link

No don't think I do Dave :rolleyes: Gotta go, you can sing it to me later :yes:

Edited by rachel

Well i've been to the bank to get some money in case it goes tit's up and they told me to sod off, cant't promote anymore it's done, sod i'm having a couple of cold ones before my lift arrives, hope to see a few of you there tonight.......it's gonna get soulful and very very drunk......lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Guest Jamie

Well i've been to the bank to get some money in case it goes tit's up and they told me to sod off, cant't promote anymore it's done, sod i'm having a couple of cold ones before my lift arrives, hope to see a few of you there tonight.......it's gonna get soulful and very very drunk......lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

link

Be cool Mr Bicknell, :wicked:

It's gonna be a good night wicked.gif You just wait and see. :thumbsup:

And yes, it's beers a plenty!!!! :wicked::yes:

See you shortly mate,

Jamie :wicked: