Detroit / Chicago Allnighter @ Sheridans

Guest Jamie

No Mark, I SAID i went to the bank and they told me to sod off, tried to get Rich and Jamie's fiver DJ fee but no joy, so the beers are on you mate...lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.......now where's them records of mine..lol

link

No worries.... I'll have one with you mate....

Shouldn't Jamie and Rich be paying you for the honour :wicked::thumbsup: ....

• Replies 161
  • Views 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Jamie

No Mark, I SAID i went to the bank and they told me to sod off, tried to get Rich and Jamie's fiver DJ fee but no joy, so the beers are on you mate...lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.......now where's them records of mine..lol

link

:wicked::yes:wicked.gif

We were gonna get paid????? :wicked::wicked:

See you soon for some coldies :yes:

Jamie :thumbsup:

Just thought about you, Rachel...

playing cd in car and a really nice girly-soul track popped up:

Bee Bee Stans, Front Page Love.....its a beauty, do you know it? :thumbsup:

link

===========

stafford classic mate

also 1st record i sold on ebay

well sold - gave it away really

Guest Jamie

Well personally a tremendous night. Debut at Sheridans and loved every minute. A crowd of familiar smiling faces made it a great social occasion. Wasn't full by any means, but the people who were there, were there for the music.

A quick one for Shane: Did you get Bernard Breslaws number? I think she had a crush on you Mr Loverman :wicked:

Some brilliant sets, From Ritchie, Jase and Cookie - sheer class! Didn't hear everyones as I was to busy chinwagging.

Thought as I'm a bit 'restless' at the moment :thumbsup: I'd while a bit of time by posting my playlists.

10:15 - 11:00

Mickie Champion - The Hurt Still Lingers On - Musette

Harry Deal & Galaxies - I Still Love You - Eclipse

Esther Phillips - Nobody But You - Roulette

Jo Ann Garrett - Stay By My Side - Chess

Stoppers - Come Back Baby - Jubilee

Jimmey 'Soul' Clark - I'll Be Your Winner - Soulhawk

Wade Flemmons - That Other Place - VJ

Chubby & Turnpikes - I Didn't Try - Capitol

Roy Hamilton - The Panic Is On - MGM

George Smith - I've Had It - Turntable

Teddy Randazzo - You Don't Need A Heart - DCP

Ann Heywood - Crook His Little Finger - Hondo

Esther Phillips - Just Say Goodbye - Atlantic

Mitty Collier - Pain - Chess

Cleo Randle - Big City Lights - Sta-Set

Ozz & his Sperlings - Can You Qualify - Goldenway

Royal Esquires - Our Love Use To Be - Pricks

Dynells - Let Me Prove That I Love You - ATCO

Margaret Royal - I'll Never Go Away - Tra-x

21st Century - Shadow Of A Memory - Dot

11:30 - 12:00

Margie Joseph - One More Chance - Volt

Chubby & Turnpikes - I Know The Inside Story - Capitol

Voicemasters - If A Woman Catches A Fool - Bamboo

San Franciscan TKO's - Make Up Your Mind - Kent

Superlatives - Lonely In A Crowd - Westbound

Brothers Of Soul - I'd Be Greatful - Boo

James Bell & Highlighters - Amazing Love - Ro-Jam

Mellow Fellows - My Baby Needs Me - Dot

Odds & Ends - Let Me Try - Today

Jo Ann Garrett - One Woman - Duo

Bobby Sheen - I May Not Be What You Want - WB

Bobby Reed - Time Is Right For Love - Bell

5:30 - 6:00

Vivian Reed - Save Your Love For Me - ATCO

Pioneers - My Good Friend James - Mercury

Mark IV - Signs Of A Dying Love - OTB

Philip James - Keep On Loving - Longwood

Madeline & Monticellos - Binding Ring Of Gold - De-Vel

Velvet Hammer ft. Walter Smith - I Can't Believe - Chila 12"

The Nicky Newarkers - Woman - Mercury

Edwin Starr - Running Back & Forth - Gordy

Z Z & Co - Gettin' Ready For The Get Down - Columbus

John Gary Williams - The Whole Damn World Is Going Crazy - Stax

Soul Bros Inc. - Pyramid - Golden Eye

There, that passed a bit of time :wicked:

Jamie

(And I didn't play WWWalker or Peggy Gaines wicked.gif )

Edited by Jamie
Guest lagerlout

Well personally a tremendous night. Debut at Sheridans and loved every minute. A crowd of familiar smiling faces made it a great social occasion. Wasn't full by any means, but the people who were there, were there for the music.

A quick one for Shane: Did you get Bernard Breslaws number? I think she had a crush on you Mr Loverman  :wicked:

Some brilliant sets, From Ritchie, Jase and Cookie - sheer class! Didn't hear everyones as I was to busy chinwagging.

Thought as I'm a bit 'restless' at the moment  :thumbsup:   I'd while a bit of time by posting my playlists.

Jo Ann Garrett  - Stand By My Side - Chess

Vivian Reed - Don't Forget To Save Your Love For Me - ATCO

There, that passed a bit of time  :wicked:

Jamie

(And I didn't play WWWalker or Peggy Gaines  wicked.gif )

link

taxi for jamie

no thats shadow in the shower in pressthatin cica 2005

link

Hi boys

good to see you last night lads and you're tunes,quality real quality..I would put you on anywhere lads..Its been a joy to meet you lot over the last year...Real pity not to see more folk there...Is it a post Prestatyn thing...Can anyone tell about the nights at Middleton and Crewe...Real pisser with the choice of 3 all-niters up North and the 100 club..I love to go out and see all my mates and they are split up at different events..Sometimes wonder if all that choice is a good thing,any thoughts people...Chilling out with my mate and he's putting on tunes..Blowing my head off..I love these times of the morning after a niter...Here are just a few tunes for you and all very very cheap i think,under £30....

Vontastics let me down easy...

Inspirations got to find a new love..

Howard tait. Sweet sweet love child

June Taylor Jealous heart

Bobby Angelle living a lie

Barbara Mason Call on me...

Its great to sit and watch the sun rise listening to tunes like this..Any thoughts on these tunes people,they rocked my boat this morning...

Just heard Rain in my life by Prophecy..fecking hell..... and Baby Washington now with Get a hold of yourself....Its just getting better and better...

If anyone can put me on to any of the above please,would like to buy....

And now he's playing Jimmy Ricks...Oh what a feeling...Tunes like this aint enders,no way...Anytime anywhere..

Got to go or i could be here all day...Last two tunes from me,both by Valerie and Nick...I found you......and don't feel sorry...

Little stevie in heaven....

Let me know if i can pick up any of these tunes please and let me know if you love them/dislike or don't know.......

Clyde Mcphatter..Lonely people can't afford to cry....What a title we have there...Its great to hear tunes you aint heard for a long time....

He pulled out Royal Esquires from a sales box..I said have you give the b side a spin,he aint ever heard it..Our love on the sunny side up..It aint in the sales box no more...I think we are all guilty of missing the odd gem on a b-side..Last request...Let me know of great b-sides that aint well known....

Only meant to say the first six tunes i listed as cheap..Little bit more and then some i think for the others...

They keep coming with no dip in quality...Ray Pollard..This Time....Was won on Ebay for £660...I think thats a bargain and a half...

While i am on this thread i'm thinking of Next Week...Aint been able to get to soul nights on Fridays for a while and now i'm free...Next week is Wilton Ballrooms all-niter...This as got to be one of the greatest rare soul nights ever for me,i aint been there for a long time...Anyone joining me there....

It just takes few tunes to remind of my life on the soul scene....Its till death us do part..No stop till the cemetry...

Just playing patrice Hollaway...Not heard it out for a long long time and it sounds as good as the first time i heard it...

Told my mate that Pete Smith thought Panic is On was some crappy pop tune..Each to there own...

Stafford tune time....And again only £10/15...House of broken hearts..Harold Harding...

Hope this little post brought back a few good memories and maybe put others on to some very cheap and top quality tunes...

Really got to go now and dance,that tunes playing that i could never sit down to...The Sparkles..Try love(just one more time)...

My tunes for Sunday..Picked it up last night..Smokey Robinson and the miracles..Like the weather..From going to a go go..

And the other is..Edwin Johnson...Aint that enough to make a man cry...

Time to go just as the needle falls on the Rockmasters...Raining Teardrops

Chilling out with my mate and he's putting on tunes..Blowing my head off..I love these times of the morning after a niter...Here are just a few tunes for you and all very very cheap i think,under £30....

Vontastics                      let me down easy...

Inspirations                    got to find a new love..

Howard tait.                    Sweet sweet love child

June Taylor                    Jealous heart

Bobby Angelle                living a lie

Barbara Mason                Call on me...

Its great to sit and watch the sun rise listening to tunes like this..Any thoughts on these tunes people,they rocked my boat this morning...

Just heard Rain in my life by Prophecy..fecking hell..... and Baby Washington now with Get a hold of yourself....Its just getting better and better...

Little stevie in heaven....

link

I loved reading this Steve, your enthusiasm is infectious, really good to read the passion you feel whilst listening :thumbsup:

Guest lagerlout

Thanks to everyome who made the effort, but it did'nt happen did it, real shame but there you go, sadly i'm done as i wont be doing any further nights theree, feel sick to be honest.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

link

mark..mate just think of all the 1000s of great nights

you have put on all over this country.

it was a good do,just a bit light in the people that attended.

you are a top quality gezza and respect to you for putting your

money where your mouth is. i think the scene would be

at a loss without your input

once again thanks

lagerlout...

I loved reading this Steve, your enthusiasm is infectious, really good to read the passion you feel whilst listening  :thumbsup:

link

Hi Karen

Thanks for that reply...I am gonna get these tunes onto a cd for myself and i would like to send you a copy for being the first person back to me.....Hope you are well sweetheart and hope to see you soon...From the heart is the way forward for me,gonna get stung by some folk who see it as a sign of weakness..But i can hold my head up and say that i have done right by folks...Never felt this good listening to tunes for a long long time....Its great that there are still records out there from 60s that we aint heard....Email me you're address or let me know when you are out next...It would be great to share this moment with you and some tunes that will rip you're heart out and leave you breathless...This compilation from my mates collection will knock you for six..

email..stevecato64@yahoo.co.uk

Tune playing now is Almost by Jimmy Delph and i'm feeling fantastic...These tunes can help us out sometimes when we aint on top form....

Guest dundeedavie

Tune playing now is Almost by Jimmy Delph and i'm feeling fantastic...These tunes can help us out sometimes when we aint on top form....

link

you're not wrong there steve .....pleasure to meet you friday :thumbsup:

Davie

Hi Davie

Good to meet you too mate...Was that a top night or what...Great crowd,great mix of people and music styles i thought..Hope you can make it down again sometime and we get a chance for a chat....Whats the feedback been like on Modculture or anywhere else???Not always easy getting the mix of music right on a first event when you aint sure what kind of crowd we would have..The guest djs Lee Miller and Paul Sadot did the business for sure...

Guest ShaneH

Good to see everyone last night at Sheridans. Thanks to Vaultofsouler for the lift. Thanks to the person who eventually ended up with B.Bresslaw (cheers Jamie :thumbsup: ). It was quiet but for me the small room was excellent last night. Some brilliant mid-tempo stuff I had not heard before. Musically it was the best I have heard in a real long time. I am sure if we can get more playlists up the quality will show. I loved it!

Shane

Inspirations                    got to find a new love..

Clyde Mcphatter..Lonely people can't afford to cry....What a title we have there...Its great to hear tunes you aint heard for a long time....

link

Inspirations superb, one of my faves. It was only available on two or three Mercury Studio acetates. Was released around 2000 by Dave Brown in Philly on the Benn X label.

Clyde McPhatter is an awesome slab of soul. Have sen the label with both Can and Can't Afford To Cry.

The greatest soul duo ever, Eddie & Ernie has been getting some hammer in this house, plus some vinly which I'll list later if I get the chance :thumbsup:

Edited by chalky

Thanks to everyome who made the effort, but it did'nt happen did it, real shame but there you go, sadly i'm done as i wont be doing any further nights theree, feel sick to be honest.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

link

If you mean numbers wise then no it didn't.... their loss.... musically it most deffo did.... company wise it did also....

As said to you last nite.... the build up and then the reality of something happening is always a ball breaker.... numbers through the door is the difference between feeling "yehhhh" or thinking "b*llox to this game".... happens and will happen....

Would just say again as I did last nite, although "ale intake" breeds forgetfulness .... f*** the promoter's downside of things and remember that "all" that were there enjoyed what was on offer :thumbsup: ....

This scene's always a rollercoaster ride.... whether running a nite or attending a nite :wicked: ....

Edited by vaultofsouler
Guest rachel

If you mean numbers wise then no it didn't.... their loss.... musically it most deffo did.... company wise it did also....

link

Absolutely... musically fantastic, especially the 'other' room.. Jamie, Rich and Brett you've got some amazing records :wicked: Well worth the journey just for the company and to hear those sounds out.

Big thanks to Rich for your hospitality (score 3-38 at time of writing :wicked: ), Jamie for exquisite taste in music and excellent knowledge of local trains (how is Mir-Moor-Ravens-field-thorpe these days? :wicked: ), Shane for not letting me buy records (hope all is well at the zoo :thumbsup: ), Mark vaultofsouler and Dave for chips and chat, and Steve for tucking me in when I got sleepy! laugh.gif

It's the Bee Gee Stans Of Detroit on Tal-Vert, old Stafford spin, good girl group like you said.

link

Thanks for the info Chalky :thumbsup:

What it does take to buy a copy?

And considering the tracks that get done to death, why do you never hear this played? :wicked:

Dave.

A quick one for Shane: Did you get Bernard Breslaws number? I think she had a crush on you Mr Loverman  :wicked:

Thought as I'm a bit 'restless' at the moment  :thumbsup:   I'd while a bit of time by posting my playlists.

Jo Ann Garrett  - Stand By My Side - Chess

Vivian Reed - Save Your Love For Me - ATCO

There, that passed a bit of time  :yes:

Jamie

(And I didn't play WWWalker or Peggy Gaines  :yes: )

link

Only caught your last set Jamie but really enjoyed it laugh.gif

Same goes for Master Buckley :wicked:

Dropping Tony Galla in was a stroke of genius....must have been to get these old bones lumbering about the dancefloor at 6.30am :yes:

Dave

(BTW Jamie, did you really finish up with Bresslaw? :yes::wicked: )

Edited by Dave

Only meant to say the first six tunes i listed as cheap..Little bit more and then some i think for the others...

They keep coming with no dip in quality...Ray Pollard..This Time....Was won on Ebay for £660...I think thats a bargain and a half...

While i am on this thread i'm thinking of Next Week...Aint been able to get to soul nights on Fridays for a while and now i'm free...Next week is Wilton Ballrooms all-niter...This as got to be one of the greatest rare soul nights ever for me,i aint been there for a long time...Anyone joining me there....

It just takes few tunes to remind of my life on the soul scene....Its till death us do part..No stop till the cemetry...

Just playing patrice Hollaway...Not heard it out for a long long time and it sounds as good as the first time i heard it...

Told my mate that Pete Smith thought Panic is On was some crappy pop tune..Each to there own...

Stafford tune time....And again only £10/15...House of broken hearts..Harold Harding...

Hope this little post brought back a few good memories and maybe put others on to some very cheap and top quality tunes...

Really got to go now and dance,that tunes playing that i could never sit down to...The Sparkles..Try love(just one more time)...

My tunes for Sunday..Picked it up last night..Smokey Robinson and the miracles..Like the weather..From going to a go go..

And the other is..Edwin Johnson...Aint that enough to make a man cry...

Time to go just as the needle falls on the Rockmasters...Raining Teardrops

link

Stevie,

Couldn't help noticing you've been waffling on a bit today mate :wicked:

What you been eating.....Trill? :thumbsup:biggrin.gif

Dave,

PS Swap you a copy of that cd for the one with that bluesy track you wanted at Prestatyn?? :wicked:

Thanks for the info Chalky :thumbsup:

What it does take to buy a copy?

And considering the tracks that get done to death, why do you never hear this played? :wicked:

Dave.

link

About £40 as far as I know biggrin.gif

Said earleir somewhere that there's 100's of records that were spun around the same time and throughout the 80's just waiting to be re-discovered/re-activated.

link

I'll second that!!!!

If it's any consolation Mr B, the quality was really appreciated by those of us lucky enough to be there. :thumbsup:

About £40 as far as I know  :wicked:

Said earleir somewhere that there's 100's of records that were spun around the same time and throughout the 80's just waiting to be re-discovered/re-activated.

link

Bring em, on I say!

Thanks again, mate :thumbsup:

Mark

I thoroughly enjoyed the night, the choice of music played was superb, well thought out sets from all the DJs. No played out done to death tracks....bliss.... whistling.gif

I know that numbers through the door could have been better, but the quality of the music and the people who did attend more than made up for that!

I thought the atmosphere was brilliant, a small but select gathering of soul fans brought together to hear and enjoy some bloody great tunes.

Well done for having the guts to put it on

regards

Paul

As Mark Bicknell has stated the numbers were not what he had hoped for, but musically the quality and difference in the playlists really made the night for me,always happy to sit and chat with really good friends and make some new ones. It was a pleasure for me to be able to play a few 70's things that always get hammered in my living room, as well as a few wrist cutting down tempo numbers.

Brett

Never actually made it into the back room,had a great nite in the front room a good few SS members there,nice to meet rachel and chat with a few like minded soulies.Promoteing on the niter scene is,nt easy these days,so i would,nt take the low numbers to heart mark,everyone there enjoyed it, music was very good,just to many venues on the same nite mate. whistling.gif

ditto all the above comments thought the music was outstanding,talking to a few people who went elsewhere on the night seems quite a few places low on numbers,maybe a case of "prestatyn hangover" and probably quite a few spent up,would be a real shame if that was the last one

cheers Mick

Guest ShaneH

I must add that the music was outstanding. The numbers were low but so were the other venues. I wouldnt be too down on it Mark because the feedback has been excellent so far and this will have a positive knock on effect. I would recommend you get in touch with the other DJ's and get some playlists.

Everyone I spoke to enjoyed it and commented that the sounds were fresher and much more interesting than a lot of cuurent DJ playlists. None of the same old and a good mix of the cheap and expensive.

Shane

Well done Jamie, Rich and Brett whistling.gif

Stevie - got nearly all of the tunes you mentioned, all Chalky's fault he did me some blinding CD's a few years back (all Stafford tunes) and I am slowly working my way through them and buying the records, so looking forward to the Stafford reunion do, never went there myself but deffo the best played records IMO

Mark - don't give up so easily! Just think what would happen to the scenes individuality in nights like this if us mere paying soulies gave up on an event after only one night? (ps I did offer to flyer this for you as well) I don't think two nighters at opposite end's of the country have much effect on each other (although there were also other do's on) maybe people are still recovering from Prestatyn or flu (it was rather cold in Wales)

Would like to see some more playlists up on here, I need educating, if all record companies in the 60's put there city of production on the label it would help us all ?

Thanks

Guest Richard Bergman

Only caught your last set Jamie but really enjoyed it whistling.gif

Same goes for Master Buckley :thumbsup:

Dropping Tony Galla in was a stroke of genius....must have been to get these old bones lumbering about the dancefloor at 6.30am :thumbsup:

Dave

(BTW Jamie, did you really finish up with Bresslaw? :thumbsup:   :thumbsup: )

link

Can you repeat to me again what label the royal esquires is on as judging by your spelling I seem to have stumbled across some "student humour" ? :thumbsup:

Can you repeat to me again what label the royal esquires is on as judging by your spelling I seem to have stumbled across some "student humour" ? :thumbsup:

link

Just re-read thread and "see" what you mean.... PRICKS :thumbsup::thumbsup: .... put that down to Jamie having "other" things on his mind so early in the morning after the niter whistling.gif:thumbsup: ....

Eh! Jamie-kins :thumbsup: ....

Thanks for the kind words everyone and as Jamie's said, we did enjoy our debuts at Sherries, despite a slight lack of numbers. Having said that, it looks like numbers were down at all the other nights on too and it must be primarily a Prestatyn hangover.

I spoke to a fair amount of people on saturday night and virtually everyone commented on the quality of the music. A detroit/chicago room plus a mid/downtempo room is an innovative format for a niter and offers something fresh and different. Certainly not same old. Alongside the big bucks tunes were £5 - £10 records that are brilliant, that you don't usually hear played out. It all fitted beautifully and the people in attendance seemed refreshed with the concept and appreciated something different.

As I've said, I think the main reason on numbers being down was the Prestatyn hangover rather than other events on the same night. It would be a real shame if Mark can't be talked round for the other 3 dates as I think it would work. You can tell by the posts on here that a lot of people really enjoyed the music and the concept and word of mouth can only increase numbers for next time. I know there's lots of you out there and on here that aren't just interested in the same old and this is the sort of fresh promotion that you need to get behind if we're not to stagnate. So, I for one say to Mr Bicknell - think again my friend whistling.gif

In work at present, but I'll post my playlists when I'm home later. Thanks to everyone who came and said hello and glad I could get Dave's old bones dancing at 6.30am :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Rich

Just re-read thread and "see" what you mean.... PRICKS :thumbsup:   :thumbsup: .... put that down to Jamie having "other" things on his mind so early in the morning after the niter whistling.gif   :thumbsup: ....

Eh! Jamie-kins :thumbsup: ....

link

That's just made me spit tea everywhere - class!!!! :thumbsup::ohmy:

I think it's that mullet ponytail thing he's recently acquired that's sending him ga ga...

Rich

link

whistling.gif

:thumbsup:

We'll wait for Jamie! :thumbsup:

But I suspect you have won the "£10 prize" he was talking about for anyone who could spot the deliberate mistake.

Have you thought what you might spend it on? :thumbsup:

Edited by Dave

Brett Franklin playlist 12.30 - 01.20 (may be a few i forgot) Lounge.

"What Does It Take To Win Your Love" / Motherlode (Revolver)

"I've Got To Come In" / Jean Battle (Clintone)

"Chaos" / Vivian Copeland (D'oro)

"You've Hurt Me Baby" / The Voice Masters (Bamboo)

"Thanks To You" / Ronnie Walker (Phillips)

"Can't Get Him Off My Mind" / Sheryl Swope (Duo)

"The Best Girl I Ever Had" / Gene Dozier & United Front (Mercury uk)

"Reality" / Harold Tyler (Tymo)

"What About You" / Carl Hall (Columbia demo)

"Satan, Let Me Sleep Tonight" / Brenda Starr (Polydor demo)

"Suddenly" / Tony Drake (Brunswick demo) * kidnapped at one stage by so called friends whistling.gif

"Steppin' Stone" / Little Mary Staten (GME)

"Someone Else's Turn" / Pat Clayton (Silver Tip)

"It Use To Be" / Jimmy Burns & Fantastic Epics (Tip Top)

" i Can't make It Without Him" / Brendetta Davis (Liberty demo) * think so?

"Tell Me What To Do" / Connie Questell (Decca demo)

"On Easy Street" / O. C. Smith (Columbia demo)

"Haunted House" / Jackie Wilson (Brunswick)

"Down and Out" / George Freeman (Valiant demo)

"If I Had Known" / Freddie Houston (Bell Sound Studios acetate)

"Wrapped, Tied & Tangled" / LaVern Baker (Brunswick)

"Decieved" / Ruby (Gold Token)

"From Out Of Nowhere" / George Wydell (Tangerine)

Edited by Brett
Guest Richard Bergman

Brett Franklin playlist  12.30 - 01.20 (may be a few i forgot) Lounge.

"What Does It Take To Win Your Love" / Motherlode (Revolver)

"I've Got To Come In" / Jean Battle (Clintone)

"Chaos" / Vivian Copeland (D'oro)

"You've Hurt  Me Baby" / The Voice Masters (Bamboo)

"Thanks To You" /  Ronnie Walker (Phillips)

"Can't Get Him Off My Mind" /  Sheryl Swope (Duo)

"The Best Girl I Ever Had" / Gene Dozier & United Front (Mercury uk)

"Reality" /  Harold Tyler (Tymo)

"What About You" /  Carl Hall (Columbia demo)

"Satan, Let Me Sleep Tonight" /  Brenda Starr (Polydor demo)

"Suddenly" / Tony Drake (Brunswick demo) * kidnapped at one stage by so called friends whistling.gif

"Steppin' Stone" / Little Mary Staten (GME)

"Someone Else's Turn" /  Pat Clayton (Silver Tip)

"It Use To Be"  / Jimmy Burns & Fantastic Epics (Tip Top)

" i Can't make It Without Him" / Brendetta Davis (Liberty demo) * think so?

"Tell Me What To Do" /  Connie Questell (Decca demo)

"On Easy Street" /  O. C. Smith (Columbia demo)

"Haunted House" /  Jackie Wilson (Brunswick)

"Down and Out" /  George Freeman (Valiant demo)

"If I Had Known" /  Freddie Houston (Bell Sound Studios  acetate)

"Wrapped, Tied & Tangled" /  LaVern Baker (Brunswick)

"Decieved" /  Ruby (Gold Token)

"From Out Of Nowhere" /  George Wydell (Tangerine)

link

Fab choices as always Brettmeister general - What Does It Take To Win Your Love" / Motherlode (Revolver) Great Starter !!

Ps Did you get the message about John Weston having the Lou Jackson track you were after for £100 ?