S4c Tv Welsh Language Soul Related Drama Oct 2005

Mike

Heard word that Ficton Factory films have been producing a welsh language drama series for S4C, (the welsh language version of Channel 4) which has soul related content

Been told that he series is planned to be shown in October and it'll be called 'Caerdydd'

Not 100% sure of just how strong the soul content is but believe it has club scenes along with record shop scenes, apart from that details as usual all a bit vague, do believe a soul source member had been involved and so maybe more info soon

Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Heard word that Ficton Factory films have been producing a welsh language drama series  for S4C, (the welsh language version of Channel 4) which has soul related content

Been told that he series is planned to be shown in October and  it'll be called 'Caerdydd'

Not 100% sure of just how strong the soul content is but believe it has club scenes along with record shop scenes, apart from that details as usual all a bit vague, do believe a soul source member had been involved and so maybe more info soon

link

Do the record shop or any of the clubs get set on fire Mike ?

Social source share

ACK ! Will there be a little person at the side of the screen translating Mike ? Maybe Janine could fulfill that role - I think she speaks Welsh (we're not too sure about her English though)

link

Hey you might see a replay of the North Wales Drug Squad busting chalets at Pontins on Sunday moning and knicking cars full of soulies on the way home !

Social source share

Guest Brian Ellis

Mike

Interesting title 'Caerdydd' (for English readers - Welsh for Cardiff!).

Why would a programme (or any programme for that matter) about (soul) music be called 'Cardiff'?

Makes you wonder what TV editors think?

Brian

Edited by Brian Ellis
Social source share

Mike

Why would a programme (or any programme for that matter) about (soul) music be called 'Cardiff'?

Brian

link

yeah, I wondered that, though as said Brian not really sure how strong the soul content is (or the amount), suppose could end up being just a 1 min bit of a 13 part series and thus perhaps my choice of title may be bit off.

Still if hear ought else will pass on

also wondering how ack has become welsh shades.gif

mike

Social source share

Guest andrew bin

Mike

Brian

link

the drama is not a strictly soul related drama, it's just one of the characters who happens to run a record shop and promote soul nights a a local pub, should be interesting though for all you non welsh people out there you will be able to see Caerdydd through your sky satellite and i think it will be subtitled, Fiction Factory make some exellent films and drama so they should do it some justice blush.gif

(you know that when some people speak welsh in the commpany of english only speakers what they are actually doing is making fun of your mum) : :D old welsh secret don't tell any one :yes:Rwyn dy mam yn gwynty o poo :D

............andrew

Edited by andrew bin
Social source share

Guest Brian Ellis

(you know that when some people speak welsh in the commpany of english only speakers what they are actually doing is making fun of your mum) :  :lol: old welsh secret don't tell any one :Dpoo ar arogleuo mam eich  :lol:

............andrew

link

They'd need to be 'backward' to understand this!!

Brian

Social source share

Guest andrew bin

think its right now :rolleyes: i'll have to shoot my interpreter, me thinks he's trying to be clever the scampster :thumbsup:

Edited by andrew bin
Social source share

Guest andrew bin

Marna farny! :thumbsup:   My Welsh spelling none too clever me thinks.  My nan never got around to teaching the spellings, just the swear words. Kacky mower :angry:

link

:rolleyes::ohmy::yes:

Social source share

Mike

Brian

link

Hmmmm....Cardiff....Soul (Crew)....it's obviously a programme about football hooligans then isn't it !

Social source share

• 1 month later...
Guest remus

Heard word that Ficton Factory films have been producing a welsh language drama series  for S4C, (the welsh language version of Channel 4) which has soul related content

Been told that he series is planned to be shown in October and  it'll be called 'Caerdydd'

link

does anybody have any info on the allnighter planned at the coal exchange in Cardiff?

Social source share

• 1 month later...

the drama is not a strictly soul related drama, it's just one of the characters who happens to run a record shop and promote soul nights a a local pub, should be interesting though  for all you non welsh people out there you will be able to see Caerdydd through your sky satellite and i think it will be subtitled, Fiction Factory make some exellent films and drama so they should do it some justice biggrin.gif    

(you know that when some people speak welsh in the commpany of english only speakers what they are actually doing is making fun of your mum) :  :yes: old welsh secret don't tell any one :huh:Rwyn dy mam yn gwynty o poo  :huh:

............andrew

link

oh abergavenny, i grew up there.

Social source share

Guest Andy BB

oh abergavenny, i grew up there.

link

Didn't the DJ Soulful Chris take out a copyright on that name?

This could get really confusing - unless of course you are her and you're referring to Abergavenny in Italy?

This could get very confusing

whistling.gif

Andy BB (copyright)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!