soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 104
  • Views 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Ha ha, break it to him gently. Make sure you have a camera when you tell him. Oh dear, the things that make my day.

link

Well he won't laugh, thats for sure blush.gif

In fact, I might play it when he walks in. :yes:

Edited by BLADEFORLIFE
Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Shite, seriously, total pants, throwaway unmemorable out of tune disco cack.  I've found WAY better records in a charity shop. No wonder northern soul fans think modern soul is crap if that sort of stuff gets offered up to them as modern soul.  Probably not known by your heroes because they probably took one listen and passed on it 20 odd years ago.

You could quite easily have answered my original, and genuine, question by saying that it was the funk side that gave it the price tag.

link

"not known to my heros"? what sort of barbed comment is that ment to be? What's you real real name dodger so I can make my self known to you next time I see you.

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Dodger is his real name - honest  biggrin.gif

link

Do I know him? Is he short, fat, bald, wears a 'tach, short sleev check shirt, 501 jeans?

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Guest James Trouble

What's you real real name dodger so I can make my self known to you next time I see you.

link

His real name is Roger Williams if I am not mistaken, and he is well known in modern soul circles, and since even I know who it is, pretty well known oustide those circles too. :lol: He is a DJ, writes stuff about soul, and so on... Apologies if I got it all wrong. :D

link

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

I see, so he is a modern soul DJ, and because he doesn't know the J T Allen he has the hump because a funk DJ 15 or 20 years his junior knows about modern soul records that he doesn't know anything about.  i'll look forward to meeting him. I would imagine him to be a short man with a wallet of CDRs of the latest wishy washy uk shed releases. :P

link

I bet he wears sensible shirts tho

:D:D:lol::lol:

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

I bet he wears sensible shirts tho

:P   :D   :lol:   :lol:

link

My shirts are very sensible. They keep me safe at night and allow me to hide in the jungle. :D

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

My shirts are very sensible. They keep me safe at night and allow me to hide in the jungle. :ohmy:

link

Does that make you a Jungalist Trubbs?? :ohmy::D

A big Sharrt to my Holmes from the Chelmsford Massiff :ohmy::lol::lol:

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Does that make you a Jungalist Trubbs??  :ohmy:   :D

A big Sharrt to my Holmes from the Chelmsford Massiff  :ohmy:   :ohmy:   :lol:

link

Masssiiiiiieve reeeeespect! out to my crew, Essex massive. We is gunna come and tear it up wiv da latest dub un CDR pressure. :lol:

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Masssiiiiiieve reeeeespect! out to my crew, Essex massive. We is gunna come and tear it up wiv da latest dub un CDR pressure. :ohmy:

link

Wicked Geeeez Init :ohmy:

Social source share

My shirts are very sensible. They keep me safe at night and allow me to hide in the jungle. :ohmy:

link

Jumgle? More like hiding amongst the latest fabric samples from Laura Ashley or some other interior decoration firm of some sort!? :ohmy::ohmy:

I predict this one coming back at me, since I basically only have three shirts or something. :D

Social source share

Guest dodger

His real name is Roger Williams if I am not mistaken, and he is well known in modern soul circles, and since even I know who it is, pretty well known oustide those circles too. :D He is a DJ, writes stuff about soul, and so on... Apologies if I got it all wrong. :lol:

link

I see, so he is a modern soul DJ, and because he doesn't know the J T Allen he has the hump because a funk DJ 15 or 20 years his junior knows about modern soul records that he doesn't know anything about. i'll look forward to meeting him. I would imagine him to be a short man with a wallet of CDRs of the latest wishy washy uk shed releases. :ohmy:

link

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

His real name is Roger Williams if I am not mistaken, and he is well known in modern soul circles, and since even I know who it is, pretty well known oustide those circles too. :ohmy: He is a DJ, writes stuff about soul, and so on... Apologies if I got it all wrong. :ohmy:

link

I see, so he is a modern soul DJ, and because he doesn't know the J T Allen he has the hump because a funk DJ 15 or 20 years his junior knows about modern soul records that he doesn't know anything about. i'll look forward to meeting him. I would imagine him to be a short man with a wallet of CDRs of the latest wishy washy uk shed releases. :ohmy:

link

Edited by woolie mark
Social source share

Guest dodger

link

i've got his address at home james, met him at winsford a while back - nice guy

link

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

I know both Dodger and James, and you are both very nice people but with shite taste in music

link

u r a very nice person too janine........but your taste is much more shiter than rog and jims

shall we start a topic on whos got the shitest taste?

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

off to play in your 80's swop shop LOL

link

btw, this is the sscdt pages, innit?

Edited by woolie mark
Social source share

Guest James Trouble

link

So you DO know me then!!!!! :lol::ohmy::ohmy::D:lol::lol:

Nerr ner ner ner nerrrr, I'm younger and I know things you don't, nerr nerr ne ner nerrrrr!!! How old are you??? I'm 46, I'd put you at least 30 years younger with a reaction like that. Jimmy boy, don't flatter yourself that I would get upset that you or anyone, 20 years older or 20 years younger, either knows, or has either a few or a million records that I don't know or have, it's my hobby, I've been collecting soul music that I personally like for 30 years now and I do a bit of DJ'ing, I don't give one shiny shite what anyone else has, it's no concern to me. I listened to it, thought it was crap and said so, it was as simple as that and the fact that it came down from £400 to £100 in the same thread does little to change my opinion that prices for these things are plucked out of thin air. You might do well to think about curtailing the broad sweeping statements about what is and what isn't known because it's a big old world out there full of people who you don't know but I'm sure you'll find out when you leave school. :lol:

link

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Guest James Trouble

I don't give one shiny shite what anyone else has, it's no concern to me.

link

So why did you start spouting nonsense about it being crap and over priced when you don't even know the record, and you've never seen a copy of it in your life?

Answer: because you are a prat. :ohmy:

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Guest Stuart T

So why did you start spouting nonsense about it being crap and over priced when you don't even know the record, and you've never seen a copy of it in your life?

Answer: because you are a c***. :ohmy:

link

This is probably rather patronising but I have to say, James, that if you carry on like this much more it won't be long before someone kicks your head in because you start acting the hard man with the wrong person. Please give it a rest for your own sake.

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

This is probably rather patronising but I have to say, James, that if you carry on like this much more it won't be long before someone kicks your head in because you start acting the hard man with the wrong person. Please give it a rest for your own sake.

link

I@ve had a bad day, and I don't see why I have to lay down while Pete-S and Dodger dig me out.

Social source share

Guest hammy

If other people are allowed to mouth off on here and have bad days, then why can't James?

If he gets his head kicked in, it's his fault . We're all adults and we all have to stand by our views at some time or another!

He's quite tall though - and his hair's definitely an 'offensive weapon' ! :ohmy::D:lol::ohmy::ohmy:

Hammy (running quickly)

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Hey don't bring me into it, that was yesterday, I haven't said a dicky bird today  :ohmy:

link

Ok, since it was your birthday, I'll let you off. But Dodger has no excuse. :angry:

Mike, I appologise for swearing. But I've had a very stressfull day, and being dug out by two people I don't know and who don't know anything about a record they are diggin me out over pushed me over the edge.

I have signed up for an anger management course, I start Monday. :ohmy:

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Guest Stuart T

I@ve had a bad day, and I don't see why I have to lay down while Pete-S and Dodger dig me out.

link

James no problem with you standing up for yourself but I reckon it would be better to take the piss back than go full off into a row with all that nasty swearing and stuff. IMHO etc.

Ah bollocks I'll mind my own business.

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

James no problem with you standing up for yourself but I reckon it would be better to take the piss back than go full off into a row with all that nasty swearing and stuff.  IMHO etc. 

Ah bollocks I'll mind my own business.

link

I agree. I should have made a joke about bootlegging or DJing with CDs or the like.

The anger management course starts Monday, so that should help things. :ohmy:

Social source share

Guest dodger

link

I've no problem with you Jimmy, don't flatter your self lad, I haven't the first idea who you are. I asked a genuine question about how the price of an unknown record is arrived at and had you replied in a less arrogant manner in the first place then I would probably had simply come back on with a 'thankyou for taking the time to explain' as I would regard myself as a quite decent and polite c***, but instead you came back with some childish shite about being younger and me being upset you know things I don't and making offensive assumptions of me, which of course is your prerogative, but to me as a grown up it was rather immature. I also 'spouted' an honest opinion of a record, the manner of which in hindsight was driven by you appearing to be such an arrogant dipstick because you have some rare records, and the 'hero' bit was no more than a pisstake of your assumption that if Sam and Arthur didn't know a given record then nobody else would, which despite Sam and Arthur's unquestionable status 'on the scene' just because they don't a tune doesn't mean next to nobody else will. I would say, reading some of your postings, that any shit you get from people like me or Pete, would be self-inflicted in the first instance. Have a nice rest of the day, I'd be more than happy to get into a piss-taking 'fight' with you any time!!! :ohmy::ohmy::D:ohmy:

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

It wont be long before we have the first 'soul source revenge in person incident'. I find the abusive people on here are similar to car drivers....they are all gob whilst protected by a ton of steel. However they soon back off when you chase them down the road with an industrial spanner! :ohmy:

I wouldnt put up with some of the abuse given out on here...I tell ya that for nowt!

Shane

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

do us a favour hire a coach and take half of this lot on here with you

:ohmy:

link

Can you imagine the rows about who gets to sit where? Upfront fans on the back row, modden fans up front with teacher, no setting fire to anyones Spencers on the way? :ohmy:

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

I've no problem with you Jimmy, don't flatter your self lad, I haven't the first idea who you are.  I asked a genuine question about how the price of an unknown record is arrived at and had you replied in a less arrogant manner in the first place then I would probably had simply come back on with a 'thankyou for taking the time to explain' as I would regard myself as a quite decent and polite c***, but instead you came back with some childish shite about being younger and me being upset you know things I don't and making offensive assumptions of me, which of course is your prerogative, but to me as a grown up it was rather immature.  I also 'spouted' an honest opinion of a record, the manner of which in hindsight was driven by you appearing to be such an arrogant dipstick because you have some rare records, and the 'hero' bit was no more than a pisstake of your assumption that if Sam and Arthur didn't know a given record then nobody else would, which despite Sam and Arthur's unquestionable status 'on the scene' just because they don't a tune doesn't mean next to nobody else will.  I would say, reading some of your postings, that any shit you get from people like me or Pete, would be self-inflicted in the first instance.  Have a nice rest of the day, I'd be more than happy to get into a piss-taking 'fight' with you any time!!!  :ohmy:   :D   :ohmy:   :ohmy:

link

There wasn't really any need for you to dig me out abou t it though. £400 is a fiar price. It is what it has sold for in the past, which i told you. It is a good record, and it is rare and unknown on the soul scene.

How can you read that "it is rare, it is good, it is unknown, it is £400" is arrogant? You don';t knwo anythign about a record that a few people have done a lot of research about, but you still felt the need to make barbed commetns about it, even though you say "you don't give a shiney shite" about a what anybody else has.

Pete and I are cool. Are you cool honey bunny? :lol:

Social source share

Guest dodger

It wont be long before we have the first 'soul source revenge in person incident'. I find the abusive people on here are similar to car drivers....they are all gob whilst protected by a ton of steel. However they soon back off when you chase them down the road with an industrial spanner!  :ohmy:

I wouldnt put up with some of the abuse given out on here...I tell ya that for nowt!

Shane

link

Keyboard commandos, Shane, I'm a retired platoon leader!! :ohmy: I've had some great spats over the years with people on these forums but I've never met anyone who isn't OK when you meet them in the flesh, even Pete Smith. :ohmy: I've long given up making assumptions of people based on postings on this type of forum.

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

There wasn't really any need for you to dig me out abou t it though. £400 is a fiar price. It is what it has sold for in the past, which i told you. It is a good record, and it is rare and unknown on the soul scene.

Pete and I are cool. Are you cool honey bunny? :ohmy:

link

"Honey bunny"? Pete Smith? That Pete Smith? :lol::lol::ohmy::ohmy::D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert