Pete Warner Demo

A Pete Warner white Polydor demo has just gone for £357 on JM's auction.

Discuss whistling.gif

Edited by BLADEFORLIFE
Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Bought a demo 6 months ago for $40 think the guy had a box as first one he sent went missing next one he sent got delayed at customs ( which i didn't know at the time) thought it had gone missing as well so asked if he had anymore and he said he'd just sold last 10 copies to dealer in England. How much he had altogether is anybodys guess but i would say at least 20 copies

Social source share

Discuss  whistling.gif

link

Well that's just increased the value of my collection by around £350!

Does anybody know any thing about auctions? Surley you need at least two people to be bidding, so that makes one mad person and one nearly as daft. Also, as this auction takes proxy bids and the bid increment was £7, it implies someone droppped out at £350 and the winner had put in a 'final' bid of £357 or more!!!!!!

Social source share

because the world is full of stupid people,basically a 70-80 pound record,

I cannot believe anybody with that anount of money to spend does not know the value of it.

link

thought it ws a £30/£40 in the real world. When I heard this was fetching abit of money I found one in the cupboard, started to clean it and cracked the twat whistling.gif:huh::lol::lol:

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

thought it ws a £30/£40 in the real world.  When I heard this was fetching abit of money I found one in the cupboard, started to clean it and cracked the twat  whistling.gif   :huh:   :lol:   :lol:

link

:D

Social source share

Guest Kill_a_pig

Discuss  shades.gif

link

I have a large selection of UK demos and the ones I paid the most for were the polydor ones.

Pete Warner is a perfect example of nutter buying. Most be drugs money if they are splasing £300+ for a record I paid £3 for when it was first released.

Social source share

I have a large selection of UK demos and the ones I paid the most for were the polydor ones.

Pete Warner is a perfect example of nutter buying. Most be drugs money if they are splasing £300+ for a record I paid £3 for when it was first released.

link

Agree.

IMO its got to be someone who read the accompanying blurb about it 'going big' and 'DJ's were after a copy'. But this is a £60 record at most.

When we talk about paying over the odds for records, this is around 595% over (Assuming worth £60 in reality).

Makes paying £1700 for a £1500 record (17%) look reasonable.

And yes, I have paid over the odds, but no where near this much.

Social source share

you might have got me one you hungry fucker

see if he has another mate

hope youre well dude

im feckin baltico...

let me know

whats new...

the gasher

Bought a demo 6 months ago for $40 think the guy had a box as first one he sent went missing next one he sent got delayed at customs ( which i didn't know at the time) thought it had gone missing as well so asked if he had anymore and he said he'd just sold last 10 copies to dealer in England. How much he had altogether is anybodys guess but i would say at least 20 copies

link

Social source share

Guest Soulscene

:ohmy: I sold around 20 copies of this in the early 90s for £5.00 each........

I always had a feeling that it might catch on sometime but £357.00, someone may have had a few

:ohmy::D:lol::ohmy:

but if it makes whoever bought it happy than thats fine by me thats what money is for!

DS

Social source share

Well that's just increased the value of my collection by around £350!

Does anybody know any thing about auctions? Surley you need at least two people to be bidding, so that makes one mad person and one nearly as daft. Also, as this auction takes proxy bids and the bid increment was £7, it implies someone droppped out at £350 and the winner had put in a 'final' bid of £357 or more!!!!!!

link

So now you have another person out there who is already willing to pay up to £350 for it, who in their right mind is going to offer it for the £60 or so it's supposedly worth when they could get £350? and if you did sell it at the price you think it should be worth, possibilities are they will stick it in with the last auction seller and make a tidy profit in a matter of hours, makes my blood boil as it does everyone else's, but sod all can be done about it unless supply's outreach demand, and talking of demand (well sort of) someone must have a copy of sensations demanding man sitting in a box doing nothing which they would like to sell to me? wink.gif

Social source share

Pete Warner, is he white?

Camper than a row of pink tents this track (IMO) :yes: .

Seriously tho' can we realistically truely 'value' records anymore? It's a bit of a cliche now I suppose but surely their only worth what we're willing to pay as individuals.

Who knows?

Jim

link

============

there was one of these for £ 45 last night at stoke

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!