Name On A Record

Guest miff

Had Gene Chandler MR big shot for 20 odd years just noticed there is a name and address scratched in the run out grove just wonderd if anybody knowes him, the name is PAUL ROWAN. 16 SY??Y STREET OFF DENBY DALE ROAD WAKEFIELD WEST YORKSHIRE Just wondered, maybe get a bit off history of the record whistling.gif

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Had Gene Chandler MR big shot for 20 odd years just noticed there is a name and address scratched in the run out grove just wonderd if anybody knowes him, the name is PAUL ROWAN. 16 SY??Y STREET OFF DENBY DALE ROAD WAKEFIELD WEST YORKSHIRE Just wondered, maybe get a bit off history of the record whistling.gif

link

Hi Miff,

Paul Rowan was a Yorkshire area DJ around early to late seventies. Good collection. Certainly worked some of the Sams add dayers in Sheffield and attended that venue regularly.

If anybody has more details on here I would suspect John Parker might know him.

I haven't seen him since around 1977/78.

Steve

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

Hi Miff,

Paul Rowan was a Yorkshire area DJ around early to late seventies. Good collection. Certainly worked some of the Sams add dayers in Sheffield and attended that venue regularly.

If anybody has more details on here I would suspect John Parker might know him.

I haven't seen him since around 1977/78.

Steve

link

I certainly remember him from Raquels and Wakefield Unity nighters, also played Cleethorpes Winter Gardens dayers late 70's, had some great records at the time and was certainly a character, used to be called "Gonzo" for some strange reason :D

Social source share

Had Gene Chandler MR big shot for 20 odd years just noticed there is a name and address scratched in the run out grove just wonderd if anybody knowes him, the name is PAUL ROWAN. 16 SY??Y STREET OFF DENBY DALE ROAD WAKEFIELD WEST YORKSHIRE Just wondered, maybe get a bit off history of the record :lol:

link

What a funny coincidence - after a thread either on here or raresoulforum, I was looking at my demo copy of 'Johnny Howard - The Chase Is On' and noticed the same name and address :D

Bought it many moons ago at Stafford and had always treated it as a boot :lol:

Mine says 'Symons Street'...

Edited by deeve
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!