Losing My Virginity

Guest Wulfie

Guest Wulfie

A belated post perhaps, but I am still recovering from an amazing introduction to the world of Soul Weekenders which seemed to blossom whilst I was serving abroad with the RAF. :huh:

Although I've always had a love of the music, it was only last year that I realised it was still out there. Consequently I've rediscovered it with a vengeance meeting and making new friends and culiminating with four days of sheer bliss in the Soul Nirvana which was Prestatyn :lol:

From start to finish it was like slipping back into a time when I was at my happiest, sharing the communal love of the life and the music - being in the company of like minds, and I was on a high from the minute I arrived.

Musically, I had a gap of about 20 years to appreciate, I spent most of my time in either the Main room or Redemption, and apart from the lull around 5 am each morning - which I've always struggled with even in my youth - kept myself busy on the dance floors.

High spots for me were putting faces to names and enjoying Melvin and Bryan Davis live - despite problems with both backing tracks and Melvins voice, the emotion in his vocals moved me to tears at one point.

Low point was spending 45 minutes in the wrong location to catch the main artist revue, which meant I missed acts that I'd waited 30 years to see.

It was lovely to meet a lot of folks I'd chatted to on the web over the last year - to have a beer and a chat and banter face to face .

There were a few poignant moments too, one personal and others like seeing the farewell to Carl Willingham at the end of his last set coupled with the strains of Ray Pollard in the penultimate record - brought about a sadness inside not felt since the early 70's and was more intense than the feeling I used to have leaving the Niters then to return to "real" life for another week.

Like a lot of others my voice had gone by Sunday, I still wait for it to return, but at least I know what to expect next year - this is one cherry I will pick annually as long as I can breathe

Thanks to Dell, Rob, Annie,Faith and Naiame for sharing this wonderful time

regards

Wulfie

whistling.gif

Edited by Wulfie
Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

A belated post perhaps, but I am still recovering from an amazing introduction to the world of Soul Weekenders which seemed to blossom whilst I was serving abroad with the RAF. :(  

Although I've always had a love of the music, it was only last year that I realised it was still out there. Consequently I've rediscovered it with a vengeance meeting and making new friends  and culiminating with four days of sheer bliss in the Soul Nirvana which was Prestatyn  :(

From start to finish it was like slipping back into a time when I was at my happiest, sharing the communal love of the life and the music - being in the company of like minds, and I was on a high from the minute I arrived.

Musically, I had a gap of about 20 years to appreciate, I spent most of my time in either the Main room or Redemption, and apart from the lull around 5 am each morning - which I've always struggled with even in my youth - kept myself busy on the dance floors.

High spots for me were putting faces to names and  enjoying Melvin and Bryan Davis live - despite problems with both backing tracks and Melvins voice, the emotion in his vocals moved me to tears at one point.

Low point was spending 45 minutes in the wrong location to catch the main artist revue, which meant I missed acts that I'd waited 30 years to see.

It was lovely to meet a lot of folks I'd chatted to on the web over the last year - to have a beer and a chat and banter face to face .

There were a few poignant moments too, one personal and others like seeing the farewell to Carl Willingham at the end of his last set  coupled with the strains of Ray Pollard  in the penultimate record - brought about a sadness inside not felt since  the early 70's and was more intense than the feeling I used to have leaving the Niters then to return to "real" life for another week.

Like a lot of others my voice had gone by Sunday, I still wait for it to return, but at least I know what to expect next year - this is one cherry I will pick  annually as long as I can breathe

Thanks to Dell, Rob, Annie,Faith and Naiame for sharing this wonderful time

regards

Wulfie

:huh:

link

============

Thank you for sharing this with us, babes x, just like you, me boys are feeling very low after having such a brill time, even though there was some domestics whistling.gif some brill pics especially of Naim, like you said, the NEW GENERATION, roll on Stoke, :lol::lol::D DEL X

Social source share

seeing as I'm very drunk I will admit to actually losing my virginity to a member of this list  whistling.gif   :lol:   :huh:

link

Go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11. My first Prestatyn so in that maybe a virgin. But lost mine 3 miles away in June 1976 ooooooooooooh toooooooooonuch info :lol::D:(

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

seeing as I'm very drunk I will admit to actually losing my virginity to a member of this list  :shhh:   blush.gif   blush.gif

link

May I apologise for my drunken lush of a wife right now whistling.gif:shhh:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!