@ steam nightclub

27 high street

crewe (town centre)

launch night saturday 12th march 10pm til 6am

room one - underground

dj`s

andy whitmore - keith williams - des (doing it in the park) parker - johnny

beggs dean anderson - mace & kitch.

playing a cutting edge mix of northern & 70`s .

room two - mysterious vibes

dj`s

dean johnson - phil wainwright & kevin j. etheridge

playing a melting pot of black dance records (soul - funk - jazz - reggae -

house) in a freestyle kind of style.

room three - early soul and R&B

dj's

Mace - Backroom Pete - R&B Banks - Ted 'n' Nashee

FLIPside Joe - Crazy 'Hoss' Watson

admission £10 on the door - £8 ticket in advance

for tickets/info - johnny beggs 07910 044276 - expansion 01663 742211

phil 07775 621020

tickets also available from beatin` rhythm 42 tib street manchester

• Replies 17
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Good luck with this one, hope it all goes well, hope we can avoid clashing in the future, have a good one.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

link

Not the promoter, just a lowly DJ.

Was disappointed that yours was on the same night, but hey a booking is a booking.

Will try and make one of your future events.

WOOF!

Guest ShaneH

Good luck with this one, hope it all goes well, hope we can avoid clashing in the future, have a good one.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

link

it does make sense to get on. there hasnt been much of that on here lately. I will be at Sheridans this time but will try Steam out for deffo in the future.

I always hope every promotion goes well. not just for the promoters sake but the punters who travel and spend lots of money to support these venues. I have friends playing at both venues and would like to be at both!

Good luck to all.

Shane

Johnny Beggs and myself have been friends for a real long time, we are certainly not going to fall out over a clash of venues, both are smaller venues and when we had a beer together at New Century we joked that with a bit of luck we will both do ok or fall flat on are faces, still friendship is far more important than a venue clash, there are loads of events on this Saturday, four Allnighters and many soul nights up and down the country, something for everyone and i'm sure it will all be ok, a genuine good lick to Johnny and Co at Steam, respect to The 100 Club and Middleton events, four very different soul events all with distance between us, hope we all do ok and have good nights.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Johnny Beggs and myself have been friends for a real long time, we are certainly not going to fall out over a clash of venues, both are smaller venues and when we had a beer together at New Century we joked that with a bit of luck we will both do ok or fall flat on are faces, still friendship is far more important than a venue clash, there are loads of events on this Saturday, four Allnighters and many soul nights up and down the country, something for everyone and i'm sure it will all be ok, a genuine good lick to Johnny and Co at Steam, respect to The 100 Club and Middleton events, four very different soul events all with distance between us, hope we all do ok and have good nights.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

link

All credit to you Mark,

Main problem is, we are spoilt for choice at the moment, with multiple Soul nights and Allnighters every weekend, not to mention the proliferation of Weekenders...

Its so hard to plan an event without it clashing these days, which is why you need to be a little more philosophical about it.

WOOF!

Guest Trifle

The Clash of the Titans was a shame.

Maybe you lot should start up a Soul Event Planning Forum.... :thumbsup:

The soul scene was obviously spread thinly due to so many venues being on the same night (Steam, Sheridans, Broughton, Albrighton, Soulvation etc). Seems to be there's either loads of events to choose from or nothing! :lol:

Anyway, I ended up at Steam in Crewe after much pontifikayshun.

What a fantastic venue. 5 rooms apparently. 3 being used last night.

We started in the RnB room cos the Northern Room was a bit slow opening up. RnB is my main squeeze at the moment anyway, so I was made up. :ohmy: Some fantastic stuff played by some very happy DJs. Met and danced to the set of fellow forum-member MACE... pic up on gallery tomorrow... ha.

Eventually dragged my weary feet down to the northern room which had a great atmosphere.

Sticky floor was sorted out with copious amounts of Johnson's finest white stuff (not moisturiser ... as one of our party put in his bag by mistake last time... though, that might make an interesting alternative to talc .. ah, next time maybe :thumbsup: )

The music picked up by the time the second DJ came along (sorry, first DJ - nothing personal, I just don't do mid-tempo :thumbsup: ).

The DJs played a healthy and vibrant mix of sounds ..... sooooo nice to not hear the "stock" soul tunes. My fave DJ of this room was Keith Williamson of Soul Searcher Records (?). Cheers mate. My fkn legs are killing me today. wacko.gif

Sorry to the organisers for my "suggestions"... whistling.gif

(turn those lights off, put the northern room upstairs next time, open it up a bit earlier ...... :thumbsup: ).

An excellent venue, which, with a few extra punters (well, there are 3 very decent-sized rooms to fill) will be a huge success.

Cheers and well done. :thumbsup:

Nice meeting you Trifle. :thumbsup:

Sorry for late reply, but I don't seem to get out of the Stoke thread a lot lately... :D

Thanks for putting that photo up of me...any chance you can wait till I lift my head up next time so less chins are on view... :D

Copied and pasted my review of Steam that I have previously posted in Stoke thread, so apologies for repeating myself but I copied and pasted my review of Steam that I have previously posted in Stoke thread, so apologies for repeating myself but I copied and pasted my review of Steam that I have previously posted in Stoke thread, so apologies for repeating myself but I copied...oops there I go again...my life is like one big Groundhog Day... :thumbsup:

Steam was very good....not high in attendance figures, about 120 at a guess, but spread through 3 good sized room that would hold approx 150 in each.

Music was fantastic, with a very friendly atmosphere.

First floor room didn't open till 12.30 ish, so numbers were spread between 2nd floor modern room and upstairs R&B room.

This was okay until 1st floor room opened and about 80 or so flocked down there, leaving about 30 in the R&B room, and vitually emptying the modern room.

Still, people wandered back and forth, and as said, music in all rooms was top notch....(though to be fair I never wander into modern rooms as my ears start bleeding...)

My personal view, is that this could become a very successful allnighter with a great forward thinking music policy. Maybe Johnny should have run just the one room for the first night, being a week after Prestatyn and up against 3 other nighters, but full respect to him for taking the bull by the horns and putting it on.

• 3 weeks later...

The DJs played a healthy and vibrant mix of sounds ..... sooooo nice to not hear the "stock" soul tunes. My fave DJ of this room was Keith Williamson of Soul Searcher Records (?). Cheers mate. My fkn legs are killing me today. wacko.gif

THANKS

will be giving it my best this sat

hope 2 see a few of you saucy people there

come up when Im on and say hello

Im the old git,that supports Crewe Alexandra

its keith williams by the way :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...