Weekenders,how Many More

It now seems that there are weekenders every other weekend...Is this good with more choice for punters or will it kill off the little underground scene around the uk....Can you tell me what weekenders there are..Need to stick them in my diary..Must be hard for promoters of non weekenders if things clash because evryone seems to go on mass more and more..Just a thought..

• Replies 24
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

It now seems that there are weekenders every other weekend...Is this good with more choice for punters or will it kill off the little underground scene around the uk....Can you tell me what weekenders there are..Need to stick them in my diary..Must be hard for promoters of non weekenders if things clash because evryone seems to go on mass more and more..Just a thought..

link

Last few years we have done around 8 a year - more than enough for me even though I love them. But something has to give financially (and energy wise - I'm knackered for a week afterwards) so we had to drop a couple off the agenda this year. We try and mix it up a bit, some modern do, some 70's, some NS, some mixed - that way they all have their own appeal. Recall a few years back Gavin Page telling me that there were 18 weekenders that year, bet there's more now ! The ones I can think of off the top of my head include.....

The Hilton Blackpool (and Birmingham when they run 2 a year)

Skegness

Soul Essence Great Yarmouth

Whitby

Cleethorpes

Prestatyn

Fleetwood

The Norbreck Blackpool

Torquay

another one in Torquay

Soul Village

Hemsby

Southport

Northampton (is that the one with Chuck Jackson on)

must be loads more, anyone ?

Last few years we have done around 8 a year - more than enough for me even though I love them. But something has to give financially (and energy wise - I'm knackered for a week afterwards) so we had to drop a couple off the agenda this year. We try and mix it up a bit, some modern do, some 70's, some NS, some mixed - that way they all have their own appeal. Recall a few years back Gavin Page telling me that there were 18 weekenders that year, bet there's more now ! The ones I can think of off the top of my head include.....

The Hilton Blackpool (and Birmingham when they run 2 a year)

Skegness

Soul Essence Great Yarmouth

Whitby

Cleethorpes

Prestatyn

Fleetwood

The Norbreck Blackpool

Torquay

another one in Torquay

Soul Village

Hemsby

Southport

Northampton (is that the one with Chuck Jackson on)

must be loads more, anyone ?

link

Thanks for that Princess Trout biggrin.gif Gonna have to find dates..Trying to plan events that keep away from these...

Does it really matter how many there are? I presume many target different audiences so many of them don't really clash. When it comes to events in general it's almost like with what's on the telly, what I want is not a large quantity of programs and channels, I'd be happy with a small quantity of good ones. Quality, not quantity, is what matters. "Well that is all subjective, and so on" and here we go again... blush.gif:yes:

Does it really matter how many there are? I presume many target different audiences so many of them don't really clash. When it comes to events in general it's almost like with what's on the telly, what I want is not a large quantity of programs and channels, I'd be happy with a small quantity of good ones. Quality, not quantity, is what matters. "Well that is all subjective, and so on" and here we go again... blush.gif   :yes:

link

Dont disagree but variety is the spice of life. Yes, some are better than others but there's a variety of things to take into account that sway the decision; cost, friends attending, convenience, date....its not always just about the music policy.

Guest Johnny One Trout

You also forgot Llandudnow and Rhyl and isn't Southport twice a year? then there are the foriegn jobbies and the overseas ones organised by people from the UK

Trouty

You also forgot Llandudnow and Rhyl and isn't Southport twice a year? then there are the foriegn jobbies and the overseas ones organised by people from the UK

Trouty

link

I did say off the top of my head...I have lots of information I need to retain and it gets a bit full at times biggrin.gif

Actually it might be a good idea for the SS events guide, to have an individual annual listing for weekenders without having to go through month by month. Be useful for promoters as well as attendees.

Mike, what do you reckon ?

I did say off the top of my head...I have lots of information I need to retain and it gets a bit full at times  blush.gif

Actually it might be a good idea for the SS events guide, to have an individual annual listing for weekenders without having to go through month by month. Be useful for promoters as well as attendees. 

link

I wonder when we are going to get the first all "Soul source" weekender......

No Boots or C.D's alowed..... :yes:

I wonder when we are going to get the first all "Soul source" weekender......

No Boots or C.D's alowed..... blush.gif

link

A two room event; one for the chinscratching soul policing OVO brigade, and the other for the "I dont give a shite what its on I'm dancing" crew :yes::D

see you at the bar :D

A two room event; one for the chinscratching soul policing OVO brigade, and the other for the "I dont give a shite what its on I'm dancing" crew  :yes:   :D

see you at the bar  :D

link

What about a third room with a boxing ring in it? Where everyone could meet up and discuss the old boots v originals topic! blush.gif

What about a third room with a boxing ring in it?  Where everyone could meet up and discuss the old boots v originals topic!  blush.gif

link

===========================================

HHMMMMMM I,ll enter my boxing team now.

Pat Brady, Andy Dyson, Johnny Beggs,s mate Mr Pollitt

I,ll fight in the over 50,s match.. :yes:

IAN C

Trouty

link

llandudno and rhyl ones were the same one if you know what i mean and sadly no longer as far as i know

:D

mike

I did say off the top of my head...I have lots of information I need to retain and it gets a bit full at times  :D

link

yep good point

sort of a quick look at the whole year sorta view,

noted, memorised and will be actioned on :lol:

Does it really matter how many there are? I presume many target different audiences so many of them don't really clash. When it comes to events in general it's almost like with what's on the telly, what I want is not a large quantity of programs and channels, I'd be happy with a small quantity of good ones. Quality, not quantity, is what matters. "Well that is all subjective, and so on" and here we go again... :ohmy:   :rolleyes:

link

Christian, keep it up my good man, your better than any UK television show that i know..... :thumbsup:

The boxing room sounds great,have a feeling their would only be a handful in their though,true colours and all that :rolleyes: .

link

Andy i'm only a skinny runt, but at one time i was likened to the great Ken Buchanan ( and no funny remarks about him laying on the deck after Duran hammered him, plus it was a low punch...... :thumbsup: ) :ohmy:

Edited by Brett