Best Software For Making Flyers?

Been looking at some of the flyers on here and they look really profesional.

Just wondered what you guys use as I need to make one for my do in Shrewsbury on Friday April 8th ( https://www.soulechoes.co.uk for more details)

I can use Adobe Photoshop a bit so will probably try that (but not brilliant for text really) and there always word I suppose but a bit limited again.

All advice gladly accepted!

Thanks in advance! biggrin.gif

Edited by soulechoes
Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest NASHEE

Just wondered what you guys use as I need to make one for my do in Shrewsbury on Friday April 8th ( https://www.soulechoes.co.uk  for more details)

I can use Adobe Photoshop a bit so will probably try that (but not brilliant for text really) and there always word I suppose but a bit limited again.

Thanks in advance!  :D

link

I just use Microsoft Publisher & Paint shop pro 7......cuz I'm a Bit on the thick side.

Social source share

Guest uroffal

Just wondered what you guys use as I need to make one for my do in Shrewsbury on Friday April 8th ( https://www.soulechoes.co.uk  for more details)

link

Ideally a combination of Photoshop for images and photos and Quark Xpress (very expensive though!) for text. Most printers will accept native Quark format or flattened Jpeg/Tiff files. Adobe Illustrator is quite good for text (and, as its name suggests, illustration), but again is pricey. Adobe also has a rival package to Quark (i.e. DTP package) called Indesign is cheaper, and INMHO not as good, but will still set you back a fair amount of money.

Social source share

link

Secret to good text in PhotoShop is to start off at a high [print] resolution - minimum of 300dpi should do it. :lol:

Illustrator is better for vector graphics [shapes scaleable by maths]. You can import/export between the two programs for different effects.

There are some great tutorials on the web too.

Hope this helps.

Social source share

Guest uroffal

Ideally a combination of Photoshop for images and photos and Quark Xpress (very expensive though!) for text. Most printers will accept native Quark format or flattened Jpeg/Tiff files. Adobe Illustrator is quite good for text (and, as its name suggests, illustration), but again is pricey. Adobe also has a rival package to Quark (i.e. DTP package) called Indesign is cheaper, and INMHO not as good, but will still set you back a fair amount of money.

link

Ther are some limited trial versions of Indesign and Pagemaker (a cheaper version I think, but never used it) here https://www.adobe.com/products/tryadobe/main.jsp#product=31

Social source share

Thankfully I've cracked the f*** out of all my design ware.

Adobe Creative Suite (CS) is the best of them all. Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign and Imageready, their web authoring tool which alos allows you to do Flash animations

Sadly to buy CS in the Apple store (and on PC) costs about £300. For the endless hours of making cars come out of your mates noses, it's worth every penny.

Social source share

Hope this isn't "teaching you to suck eggs".....If using Photoshop for print, like deevee said set the resolution to 300dpi, turn on your rulers, then just measure out your flyer from an A4 sheet and set your pagesize up from there, then anything you do will be the correct size. When using text, set your text layer to smooth (the highest setting).

If your not printing the flyer yourself save the file out as a jpg at the highest setting or as a tiff.

HTH

Peter

Edited by Peter
Social source share

Thanks for all the help guys...appreciate it.

had a go using photoshop and made a a pretty simple flyer but think it passes.

Not as pretty as most but it gets the info across hopefully!

and here it is!

thanks again guys and if you want to make a better one for me...be my guest!

I'll let you in for free on the 8th April at the Lord Hill Shrewsbury if you do me a good 'un!

Not much of an incentive I know...but hope to see you there anyway...it's a top venue!

Thanks again guys!

Edited by soulechoes
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!