• Replies 53
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Trevski

No Roger Banks? I always thought Roger was a resident? Shed any light anyone?

Shane

link

Rodger is a sort of semi-resident! I.E. he's not ALWAYS on, but is on on than most!!

That shed about as much light as a 5watt bulb! :lol:

Note: Must get Boxy to stop using my 'real' name!! every bugger calls me Trevski these days, even my next door neighbor! :D

See ya all next Friday! :lol:

Edited by Trevski
Guest ShaneH

I just hope I am not chucked out for my comments regarding the 30 minutes of 'disco rubbish (imo)' played at the last one... :thumbsup:

I still look forward to the Wilton regardless of my comments. Recommended to anyone who has not been before. :yes:

Shane

Dj'ing in Rotherham first, then dropping the missus off at home (She has gone right off the Wilton due to its recent playlist).

But I'll be there for a couple of hours at least.

WOOF!

link

Forgot Tony had moved from last to 3rd Friday Joe.... might be there first as well then mate for a couple of hours :thumbsup: ....

If you're having a lift of me Shane then it looks like you'll be in Rotherham first then too :yes: ....

Edited by vaultofsouler
Guest ShaneH

Forgot Tony had moved from last to 3rd Friday Joe.... might be there first as well then mate for a couple of hours :thumbsup: ....

If you're having a lift of me Shane then it looks like you'll be in Rotherham first then too :D ....

link

you will do for me cocker!

thanks Mark

:yes:

Shane

I will be there this Friday as usual. Anyone else going to be?

Shane

Looks like Peterborough is going to be well represented, myself and two others + Mr & Mrs Drage, and coming all the way from deepest Essex Shane Cox. Should be a good 'un :thumbsup:

Nick

Dj'ing in Rotherham first, then dropping the missus off at home (She has gone right off the Wilton due to its recent playlist).

But I'll be there for a couple of hours at least.

Mr PD, could you expand on that comment re music policy, just curious.

Thanks

Nick

Guest ShaneH

Thanks

Nick

link

he did last time and he got his head bit off by quite a few on here. He is a grumpy dog at times though but he is very loyal. :thumbsup:

Shane

Edited by ShaneH

Thanks

Nick

link

New broom and all that, last one was well down musically I.M.O.

Too many 'popuar' tunes and wishy washy Modern and not enough of what the Wilton is famed for, quality semi-known tracks.

Prefer to go somewhere that plays something I have't heard a load of times before... If I wanted to hear that kind of stuff I'd venture out to one of the plusher mega-nighters.

WOOF!

Pikeys Dog wrote

New broom and all that, last one was well down musically I.M.O.

Too many 'popuar' tunes and wishy washy Modern and not enough of what the Wilton is famed for, quality semi-known tracks.

Prefer to go somewhere that plays something I have't heard a load of times before... If I wanted to hear that kind of stuff I'd venture out to one of the plusher mega-nighters.

Interesting, I missed the last one, and got lost on the thread for it when folk were whinging about paying an extra £2 to get in, I shall be all ears on Friday night.

Nick

What's the Rotherham do?  I'm coming to the Wilton but my passengers may fancy that before :thumbsup:

link

Rotherham Transport Club.

It's on a side street opposite the Milmoor Footy ground

(with the football ground on your left, go over the bridge, turn immediate right, then immediate right again [around the bollard] so that you are heading down the side of the bridge you have just passed over. Follow the road as it bends to your left and the club is on your right.)

8pm - 12.30pm only about £2? on the door.

"Across The Board" 60s, 70s, 80s, Crossover, Modern, Northern, R&B etc.

WOOF!

Fantastic...Friday night is free at last...Can't wait to go back to see a lot of old mates at the Wilton..

THIS IS GONNA BE A NIGHT TO REMEMBER... :thumbsup::yes:

Whats the soul thing in Rotherham...Reg will take the Stockport taxi there if it sounds good...

Do we need tickets for The Wilton..don't want to be locked out..

Pikeys Dog wrote

Interesting, I missed the last one, and got lost on the thread for it when folk were whinging about paying an extra £2 to get in, I shall be all ears on Friday night.

Nick

link

To be honest £2 isnt even the price of a pint, but it would have been fairier to announce that the door price would be increased from the next nighter....

Slightly annoyed at the fact that when walking in with the right money (after standing out in the freezing cold sorting your change out) you get told its 'gone up'....

WOOF!

DONT FORGET SHERIDAN,S BEFOR THE WILTON FRIDAY NITE 8.00 TILL LATE

RESIDENT TEAM

NIGE SHAW

JUMPIN JOAN

EDDIE ENGELS

ALEX JONES

SID JONES

£5.00 ON THE DOOR THE BEST IN UNDER PLAYED 60s & 70s

HEAVENLY BLOCKED :thumbsup::)

To be honest £2 isnt even the price of a pint, but it would have been fairier to announce that the door price would be increased from the next nighter....

Slightly annoyed at the fact that when walking in with the right money (after standing out in the freezing cold sorting your change out) you get told its 'gone up'....

WOOF!

link

Nowt like a dog scratching for the scraps only to remain short of fulfillment :):yes: ....

See you at the Tranny Joe with Shane on the leash.... then it's the Wilton :yes::thumbsup: ....

DONT FORGET SHERIDAN,S BEFOR THE WILTON FRIDAY NITE 8.00 TILL LATE

RESIDENT TEAM

NIGE SHAW

JUMPIN JOAN

EDDIE ENGELS

ALEX JONES

SID JONES

£5.00 ON THE DOOR THE BEST IN UNDER PLAYED 60s & 70s

HEAVENLY BLOCKED  :yes:   :)

link

Really looking forward to this 'do' :thumbsup:

See you there

cheers

Paul

Guest ShaneH

Well I have sorted my lift with Ponds Forge main man, vaultofsouler for the Wilton tonight. We will be popping in to the Transport Club at Rotherham beforehand to catch Pikeys Dog behind the decks.

See y'all laters :thumbsup::wicked:

Shane

seeya later....if I manage to find the place.  Oh dear, another magical mystery tour in the Stockport taxi with only the soul fairy to guide me! Probably see you about 3am :thumbsup:   :wicked:

link

Directions:

Coming from Manchester direction:

Leave M62 @ J31, take the first left, California Drive, carry for about half a mile, turn right, opposite an HGV filling station, drive down the road to a T junction, turn left, go under a railway bridge, round an s bend past the pub, you'll see an arc on the right, this is the entrance to the Wilton, own car park etc.

https://www.smallframe.co.uk/wilton/images/mqmapgend.gif

Nick

up until 4.00 it was rocking,then it died a slow and painful death until 15 minutes before the end,cant think why records were played from 4.00 onwards that did not even have a beat you could dance to ?

Robbo and Bob good and the others but at the end....... :angry:

up until 4.00 it was rocking,then it died a slow and painful death until 15 minutes before the end,cant think why records were played from 4.00 onwards that did not even have a beat you could dance to ?

Robbo and Bob good and the others but at the end....... :angry:

link

Out of interest who were on from 4 onwards?

Must admit I had to leave at approx 3.30 due to FLIPside tonight....need to be fresh for it.

WOOF!

Alex Jones 4.00 to 5.00 and Dave Box 5.00 to 6.00,

if its just me and I am wrong then somebody say so but it just died IMO and we had to make our own fun !!

''bring on the gimp''

link

Alex Jones's spot may be too upfront for most, however in my off me head opinion he played some great tunes.

As for you guys making your own fun, nowt changes ;-)

yes his spot was upfront and nothing wrong with that IMO but one after the other ?

he cleared the floor after it was set up and kept it cleared,thats not really what you want to do at 4.00 though is it ?

as I say just my opinion but the people I was speaking to around that time ,about 15, were all shaking their heads and having a crisis, :rolleyes:

Guest Trevski

4am onwards always seems to go quiet. It was no reflection on Alex's spot, he played some great dancers, including the Devotions "Do do de dop' which if you cant dance to that you must have two wooden legs! (or not had enough/too much of something else) :rolleyes:

I love the Wilton, always have done after attending the first anniversary, but I wish they would promote it more ! A couple of people commented to me on Friday night how much of a push I had given it on the pages of Soul Source, I shouldn't be doing that, it's the promoters that should be pushing it more, quite a number of my muckers don't even know it's being promoted by a new team, come on lads, the Wilton is good, but should/could be very very good.

After that little rant, I still enjoyed it on Friday night, some great music played, thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Nick

I love the Wilton, always have done after attending the first anniversary, but I wish they would promote it more ! A couple of people commented to me on Friday night how much of a push I had given it on the pages of Soul Source, I shouldn’t be doing that, it’s the promoters that should be pushing it more, quite a number of my muckers don’t even know it’s being promoted by a new team, come on lads, the Wilton is good, but should/could be very very good.

After that little rant, I still enjoyed it on Friday night, some great music played, thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Nick

link

Really nice to be back at the Wilton after so long time...I really like the place/people and music..A lot of people sit the whole thing out without dancing but have a good time anyway,each to there own...I think the floor needs supporting later on or the whole thing goes a little flat,its not because they don't like the music its just that they aint spring chickens anymore :thumbsup: ..Good point made by Nick G about the promoters pushing the gig more but maybe they are happy with the numbers and don't feel the need to get too many more in..Look forward to coming again soon.

Guest ShaneH

I have pushed the Wilton on a regular basis on here over the last couple of years. In my opinion the Wilton has always been under-promoted which may have been OK in the past but nowadays the competition is much fiercer. I very rarely see flyers for the Wilton.

Still a great nighter and one I will always support. I enjoyed it much more than the last one but I think overall many were disappointed. The place thinned out quite quickly from 2am onwards. The sound system has still not had any maintenance. I refuse the opinion that I should be informing the promoters as they should know full well of the problems by now. This forum is for discussion at the end of day.

I enjoyed Trevski's best with Alex in close second. Trevor gets better and better and I would like to see him play at more venues. Alex is always good in my opinion.

The place should be busier but I think the new promo team are going to have to dig a bit deeper. The venue is excellent, the music policy has always been good and a great social crowd. It just needs a few more bodies, especially ones who have the stamina! :thumbsup:

Shane

Guest rachel

When's the next one? I've heard nothing but good things about the Wilton (the thought of travelling straight to a nighter after work on a Friday does put me off a bit but at least it's an extra day to recover afterwards! :thumbsup: )