Guest Trevski

• Replies 52
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Check out these from grouprecords ie Ritchie Rozens, and the now infamous 'lil pedler!

Funny how they are always m-!

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=4708440987

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=4708691480

link

My mate came round the other week with the Monzas that he got off Lil pedlar. Asked if he could compare it to my one, he had a boot.

What were the Oxford Nights like that Lil pedlar was selling? My one that i sold a couple of years ago had a stamp in the run out. Has anyone that goes on here got one from him, & if so, did it have the factory stamp in the run out?

Social source share

Guest martyn

I was wondering where the Linda Hawley's on Excalibur were coming from.

link

Go to

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...Pr4_PcN__Stores

Look at the three pictures at the bottom.......how come this record has three sides????........Why is the seller showing the record before the 'signing' in 1971 was finished :ohmy:

Is it me or ........................... :ohmy:

Social source share

how come mr soul has what happened to yesterday on both sides

my al scott has...... oh bugger cant even think of the flip now

i thought the mr soul had this flip too

Social source share

Guest Jamie

Call me an old cynic, but why do the same type-face/colour combination labels keep turning up in quantity AND in totally MINT condition???

Soul Communicaters, Oxford Nights, Mr Soul etc etc etc......

Weird eh? :ohmy:

Jamie

Social source share

wouldn't touch anything Rozen has with a barge pole nowadays. In the days before ebay bought a copy of the Excuses trick bag off him $500 he said it was mint it looked mint but had 5 clicks in it so sent it back got another off him which was warped and he refused to replace it Fucking twat. Couple of months later i phoned and asked if he had a copy of bob and gene on MODO he had and again said it was mint was scratched to f*** and hissed and popped all the way through. Never dealt with him again.

Social source share

Guest Jamie

I've said on here before how it's very suss that they're all totally mint - he had both Ascots up a couple of months ago. His sidekick "Group records" also has a Big Don's Rebellion - again brand spanking mint. Weird is all I can say  :ohmy:

Rich

link

Who did you get your Imaginations from, Rich? :ohmy:

Just wondered as there's a mint one in Trevski's post.

J

Social source share

wouldn't touch anything Rozen has with a barge pole nowadays. In the days before ebay bought a copy of the Excuses trick bag off him $500 he said it was mint it looked mint but had 5 clicks in it so sent it back got another off him which was warped and he refused to replace it Fucking twat. Couple of months later i phoned and asked if he had a copy of bob and gene on MODO he had and again said it was mint was scratched to f*** and hissed and popped all the way through. Never dealt with him again.

link

tubbs, ive been in his shop, twice. everything he showed me was f**ked.

Social source share

Who did you get your Imaginations from, Rich?  :ohmy:

Just wondered as there's a mint one in Trevski's post.

J

link

Not him!! :ohmy: Totally different seller and mine's a mint purple issue, not a yellow demo! I had noticed that copy on Ebay and the other stuff - all mint. All strange :ohmy:

Rich

Social source share

I've said on here before how it's very suss that they're all totally mint - he had both Ascots up a couple of months ago. His sidekick "Group records" also has a Big Don's Rebellion - again brand spanking mint. Weird is all I can say  :ohmy:

Rich

link

he says the big dons rebelion is vg+, do you reckon thats a boot. i fancied having a pop at that.

Social source share

Guest Jamie

Not him!!  :lol:   Totally different seller and mine's a mint purple issue, not a yellow demo! I had noticed that copy on Ebay and the other stuff - all mint. All strange  :ohmy:

Rich

link

Result :ohmy:

Forgot yours was issue. Damn my feeble mind :D

Have a good one tonight mate.

J :ohmy:

Social source share

how come mr soul has what happened to yesterday on both sides

my al scott has...... oh bugger cant even think of the flip now

i thought the mr soul had this flip too

link

Weren't these being knocked out in the UK last year same time as the Mayfield Players from the Stoke area?

Dave G

Social source share

Weren't these being knocked out in the UK last year same time as the Mayfield Players from the Stoke area?

Dave G

link

dont think so never seen any boots of this only the trenham gardens final night disc

Social source share

dont think so never seen any boots of this only the trenham gardens final night disc

link

DaveG is right. Middle of last year. Don't know who did them though.

Think available on Goldsoul site.

Social source share

DaveG is right. Middle of last year. Don't know who did them though.

Think available on Goldsoul site.

link

well there is your answer

Social source share

I didn't know that boot existed either so I just emailed the seller - here's his reply:

"This is a repress that was sold over in the UK - I have only 3 or 4 I got is a trade for

some Embers Originals on JCP & MGM.... Lil-peddler

How many do you need ?

Julian B. Fowler "

:ohmy:

I've replied saying that it may be prudent to state it's a re-press and take out the word "rare" from the description!!!

Rich

Social source share

Guest martyn

Go to

Look at the three pictures at the bottom.......how come this record has three sides????........Why is the seller showing the record before the 'signing' in 1971 was finished  :thumbsup:

Is it me or ........................... :rolleyes:

link

PLEASE SOMEONE LOOK AT THIS!!!

..............Click on the three pictures given & report back-you will see what I mean (same seller)

Edited by martyn
Social source share

Guest Tommy

PLEASE SOMEONE LOOK AT THIS!!!

..............Click on the three pictures given & report back-you will see what I mean (same seller)

link

I e-mailed Lil-Peddler when he first posted on Ebay a copy of The Monzas. I missed the first one, it went cheap, and so I thought what the hell and asked him if he had another. Sure enough he/ she e-mails back and say "how many copies do you want?" also said he's in contact with one of the band members (his so called supplier of this record + other "Pacific" items he has been listing).

He had the same excuse when i asked him about the "Oxford Knights".

I have a real copy of The Monzas. This is what I have noticed by comparing the pictures of Lil-peddler's bootlegs to my original (I have not held one of these bootlegs yet).

Label of the original is a nice... deeper Turquoise.

The top zigzag line above the "Pacific" logo is higher than the original (label to mine is perfectly on center - are his?)

Scratched in the dead-wax of the original is 1002-A & 1002-B. Then "MC" or "ME" scratched in next to it.

Vinyl to the original is heavy. Would snap with the slightest flex.

Social source share

It's the wrong colour yellow. Put mine to the screen & it's a long way out. Unless it's sun bleached??

link

A 'real' one, bought from Sowl Bowl around 1984/5. They've even got the type set wrong haven't they? 'The Inspiration' should be THE INSPIRATIONS surley, and the 'Is' should be the same size?

Edited by Hippo
Social source share

A 'real' one, bought from Sowl Bowl around 1984/5. They've even got the type set wrong haven't they?  'The Inspiration' should be THE INSPIRATIONS surley, and the 'Is' should be the same size?

link

Spot on with the colour Hippo, i've got the same as you, & type set. However there are 2 type sets for this record, i think you'll find. They've copied the other type, assuming it is a copy.

Social source share

I have a real copy of The Monzas. This is what I have noticed by comparing the pictures of Lil-peddler's bootlegs to my original (I have not held one of these bootlegs yet).

Label of the original is a nice... deeper Turquoise.

The top zigzag line above the "Pacific" logo is higher than the original (label to mine is perfectly on center - are his?)

Scratched in the dead-wax of the original is 1002-A & 1002-B. Then "MC" or "ME" scratched in next to it.

Vinyl to the original is heavy. Would snap with the slightest flex.

link

Social source share

So are they just selling some bootlegs along with the originals?

Brooklynborns audio samples sound off as in re-issuishy quality but thought it was just the program he was using. Is it me or do they all sound a little too clean and digital? Or were they just sitting on virgin stock for the past 4 decades while predicting ebay through their crystal ball the entire time?

:shaking head:

Social source share

Im sure years ago someone (possibly Madchip) told me thet there was definately two label designs for the Inspirations..with different typset/fonts

I sold mine to Mick H about 5 years ago and it was like the one listed on Ebay..I got mine from a Chicago dealer 3 years before that ish..So pretty sure they are both genuine..

the gasher...

Social source share

I notice that some of the Group Records have genuine releases ie Bobby Sheen on Warner Bros, but in regards to earlier posts i am uncertain about this seller, thing is i have bought a 45 off him, but haven't paid yet...bit of a dilemma now

Social source share

I notice that some of the Group Records have genuine releases ie Bobby Sheen on Warner Bros, but in regards to earlier posts i am uncertain about this seller, thing is i have bought a 45 off him, but haven't paid yet...bit of a dilemma now

link

Sorry got it totally wrong, haven't bought off group records, somehow got confused, record i bought is legit and different seller.......looking at to much vinyl, by the way is the Monticellos a Boot ?

Social source share

Im sure years ago someone (possibly Madchip) told me thet there was definately two label designs for the Inspirations..with  different typset/fonts

I sold mine to Mick H about 5 years ago and it was like the one listed on Ebay..I got mine from a Chicago dealer 3 years before that ish..So pretty sure they are both genuine..

the gasher...

link

Thats a bit strange - I sold him mine as well, about the same time - made me an offer I couldn't refuse - mine was the lower case one, different to Hippo's, I'd never seen that one before he put a scan up

Social source share

link

I'm of the same mixed feelings about this seller Brett.... seems to sell a mixed bag of genuine and dodgey stuff :ohmy: .... mmmm....

Have had stuff of BrooklynBorn and GroupRecords in past.... genuine as well.... couple of years ago before all this "iffy" looking stuff started being drip fed out.... think the M- grade is always on and just edits artist/track/label when listing.... was M- back then but would say were VG to VG+ when arrived :thumbsup: ....

As for LilPeddler.... well name says it all on that one :rolleyes: ....

Social source share

Hello this is brooklyn-born & Grouprecords. First let me say I have no hidden agenda. Further I have nothing at all to do with Rich Rosen as far as selling records. We are two seperate dealers. Also I would like to state at this time my records are 1st pressings, 100% original unless noted. Yes, I have a few 45's that were pressed but, only ones that were never released or issued on vinyl. All of this nonsense started when I found the owners of "Prix & Fab Vegas". I hit a goldmine at the time and feel that many UK Dealers were and still are resentful which has resulted in all this negitive feedback. I stand behind all my ebay sales and I offer anyone to challenge the authenticity of the rare northern soul that is up for auction. These records were bought from one collection and contained very few doubles. My intention is not to trick or mislead anyone but to offer the best Northern 45's that I can locate as an honest dealer and collector. I have been in the record business since 1978 and started to get into the soul scene in the past 10 years. My reputation is at stake and I would appreciate anyone questioning the authenticity of any record to please contact me directly. I am more than happy and willing to defend and if necessary discuss my knowledge of records. Once again I state I am an independent dealer. I have no connection To Wax Trax Records or it's owner with reguard to any record deals I make through ebay or any other avenue.

Social source share

It's the wrong colour yellow. Put mine to the screen & it's a long way out. Unless it's sun bleached??

link

Here you go again My copy is the rarer version. Get your information straight before you post this bull. Here is a copy of a reply from a UK collector that thought the same way you did. Then he did his homework. The record I have is the rarer version and much more desirable. Here is a copy of the reply:-

Exactly as I have confirmed this afternoon. In fact your Midas type set is probably rarer.

PS I never post in chat rooms coz they are full of gob shites. If you want to tackle them I propose you register and tell it like it is. The biggest shites are on Soul Source https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.php register and "speak on up" (another cool record that's been called a boot but mine is identical to one from a million years ago!

I am probably going to bid on your Bad Weather copy. Waiting for confirmation of another few records before I make bid. I have bought a James Bell and a Royal Esquires from you in the past plus a few taylor mades like so I have no issue..........just want to know!

Mark t

Social source share

Hello this is brooklyn-born & Grouprecords.  First let me say I have no hidden agenda. Further I have nothing at all to do with Rich Rosen as far as selling records. We are two seperate dealers. Also I would like to state at this time my records are 1st pressings, 100% original unless noted.  Yes, I  have a few 45's that were pressed but, only ones that were never released or issued on vinyl.  All of this nonsense started when I found the owners of "Prix & Fab Vegas". I hit a goldmine at the time and feel that many UK Dealers were and still are resentful which has resulted in all this negitive feedback. I stand behind all my ebay sales and I offer anyone to challenge the authenticity of the rare northern soul that is up for auction. These records were bought from one collection and contained very few doubles.  My intention is not to trick or mislead anyone but to offer the best Northern 45's that I can locate as an honest dealer and collector. I have been in the record business since 1978 and  started to get into the soul scene in the past 10 years. My reputation is at stake and I would appreciate anyone questioning the authenticity of any record to please contact me directly. I am more than happy and willing to defend and if necessary discuss my knowledge of records. Once again I state I am an independent dealer. I have no connection To Wax Trax Records or it's owner with reguard to any record deals I make through ebay or any other avenue. 

link

Surely you can understand any concerns about "old rare soul records" that suddenly appear up for auction in MINT condition with labels that appear BRAND NEW and also sometimes slightly different in colour, appearance or the typeset upon them.... and in quite regular intervals on eBay.... and I'm not referring to the Prix & Fab Vegas "find".... talking about the other "rarer" stuff that gets put up.... then another of the same one.... then another of the same one.... ongoing at regular intervals.....

Interested in that aspect of these records as that is what causes concern and dubiousness.... always has done and always will....

As put in an earlier post.... had stuff of you myself.... genuine stuff about two years ago.... but you can't ignore concerns with what I've described above that's happened over the last year or so....

Intrigued....

Social source share

PS I never post in chat rooms coz they are full of gob shites. If you want to tackle them I propose you register and tell it like it is. The biggest shites are on Soul Source https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.php register and "speak on up" (another cool record that's been called a boot but mine is identical to one from a million years ago!

I am probably going to bid on your Bad Weather copy. Waiting for confirmation of another few records before I make bid. I have bought a James Bell and a Royal Esquires from you in the past plus a few taylor mades like  so I have no issue..........just want to know!

Mark t

link

He might not post as he says.... but it's obvious he READS to gain relative info on what he wants to know.... checks it out and calls the "posters" gob shites because he assumes he's found alternative info.... suppose we're not "gob shites" when he gains info that is of use :thumbsup: ....

Reply to the e-mail suggesting he registers (if not already but stays in lurking mode) and takes up his opinions in person :wicked: ....

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Hello this is brooklyn-born & Grouprecords.  First let me say I have no hidden agenda. Further I have nothing at all to do with Rich Rosen as far as selling records. We are two seperate dealers. Also I would like to state at this time my records are 1st pressings, 100% original unless noted.  Yes, I  have a few 45's that were pressed but, only ones that were never released or issued on vinyl.  All of this nonsense started when I found the owners of "Prix & Fab Vegas". I hit a goldmine at the time and feel that many UK Dealers were and still are resentful which has resulted in all this negitive feedback. I stand behind all my ebay sales and I offer anyone to challenge the authenticity of the rare northern soul that is up for auction. These records were bought from one collection and contained very few doubles.  My intention is not to trick or mislead anyone but to offer the best Northern 45's that I can locate as an honest dealer and collector. I have been in the record business since 1978 and  started to get into the soul scene in the past 10 years. My reputation is at stake and I would appreciate anyone questioning the authenticity of any record to please contact me directly. I am more than happy and willing to defend and if necessary discuss my knowledge of records. Once again I state I am an independent dealer. I have no connection To Wax Trax Records or it's owner with reguard to any record deals I make through ebay or any other avenue. 

link

I believe you! But then I believe in the Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus and Spider-man too! :thumbsup:

I shan't be buying any of your stuff, whatever you say, confidence is not inspired!

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

I believe you! But then I believe in the Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus and Spider-man too! :thumbsup:

I shan't be buying any of your stuff, whatever you say, confidence is not inspired!

link

NOT TRYING TO MAKE YOU A BELIEVER, JUST TRYING TO GIVE YOU THE TRUTH. YOU ARE WHAT WE CALL A REBEL ROUSER HERE IN THE STATES, YOU LOVE TO MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRAZY.. ALL I CAN SAY IS I FIND AND PAY WELL FOR GREAT NORTHERN RECORDS AND ONLY TAKE RECORDS IN REALLY NICE CONDITION.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!