Ebay

Tubbs

Sniped a record on ebay which finished in the early hours of this morning. Went to check emails no email from snipe. Strange i thought so went to snipe web site and it said my bid had been blocked. No reason was given

Edited by tubbs
Social source share

• Replies 22
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

think its summing to do with the seller wanting them to start a bidding war or along them lines i dont snipe so im not that up on it

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

sorry, but that's impossible. a sniped bid is no different to any other bid, apart from it is put in by a computer, either one on your desk, or a remote computer that you pay to hold onto your bid. why would a seller block a bid, how could they block it? there is no logic in it.

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

sorry, but that's impossible. a sniped bid is no different to any other bid, apart from it is put in by a computer, either one on your desk, or a remote computer that you pay to hold onto your bid. why would a seller block a bid, how could they block it? there is no logic in it.

link

swear i read on here about it though as i say im not up on this sniping malarki :ohmy:

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

swear i read on here about it though as i say im not up on this sniping malarki  :ohmy:

link

i remember the thread. i think it was a wind up, or at the very least, someone getting a bit muddled up.

sorry to hear you didn't get your record though. what was it? maybe someone has one for sale around these parts?

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Buffer: 10 sec.

Price: 27.00 / 77.77 USD

Finish Date: 03/10/05 20:55:46 CT

This seller blocked you from buying this item or any item he/she posts. 

i cut and pasted from the snipe site

link

aaargh, that explains it. it means he doesn't like you and blocked your bid. he didn't block a snipe, he blocked you because he thinks you are a time waster. although i'm sure you're not. :ohmy:

Social source share

aaargh, that explains it. it means he doesn't like you and blocked your bid. he didn't block a snipe, he blocked you because he thinks you are a time waster. although i'm sure you're not. :ohmy:

link

Eh? Lp was only good + condition if thats what your getting at Mr Trouble thinking i'm a cheapskate. :ohmy::ohmy: As i said it went for alot less than my bid would have been

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Eh? Lp was only good +  condition if thats what your getting at Mr Trouble thinking i'm a cheapskate. :ohmy:   :ohmy:   As i said it went for alot less than my bid would have been

link

Tubbs, it sounds like the seller has blocked you from bidding on any of his auctions. can you think of somehting you may have done to make him want tot do this?

i don't think you're a cheap skate sir. sorry you thought that's what i ment, although i can't quite see hwo you thought that? :ohmy:

Social source share

Sorry Jt got the wrong end of the stick thoought when you said he thought i was a time waster you were having a go about my measly bid. SORRY. Never have put a bid in with this guy before so don't know what happened

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Sorry Jt got  the wrong end of the stick thoought when you said he thought i was a time waster you were having a go about my measly bid. SORRY. Never have put a bid in with this guy before so don't know what happened

link

ODD!!!!! :ohmy:

maybe you should email him and tell him what has ahppenned. see whathe says. i'll be interested to see what comes of it...

Social source share

Guest Trevski

I have had snipes blocked. Aparently, there is a big 'anti-sniping' movement, just type 'anti sniping' into google.

Some sellers, mostly American, will block bids that appear to be snipes. How they do it I don't know, but bidnapper comes up 'bid blocked' I mailed bidnapper, who said it must have been the seller, but when I contacted them they said they didn't know anything about it. I have heard of a bid-blocking programme, that blocks others bids, so you win, a fellow SS member told me he had it, but had not, and would not use it, as it is illegal. :thumbsup::rolleyes:

This is what I got from bidnapper

Bidnapper

4021985159 RARE NORTHERN SOUL 45/ ROTATIONS ON DeBROSSARD sonpau67 1 Ended 2004-07-06 19:54:01 76.01 101.98 BLOCKED

My bid was above the winning bid, so the guy lost out

Was it the same seller perhaps?

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Guest ciarraÃĮ’Ã"š­bhoy

aaargh, that explains it. it means he doesn't like you and blocked your bid. he didn't block a snipe, he blocked you because he thinks you are a time waster. although i'm sure you're not. :rolleyes:

link

Maybe he does'nt like huns :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest glyn-w

Sniped a record on ebay which finished in the early hours of this morning. Went to check emails no email from snipe. Strange i thought  so went to snipe web site and it said my bid had been blocked. No reason was given

link

I think snipers need there scopes blackend..Its great to see them loose out.. Untill i get one of course :rolleyes:

Social source share

I think sniping is the best way to buy, and the most sensible If everyone did it, it would save £1000's for collectors by avoiding wars, I think open auctions are nothing more than dutch auctions and a deliberate explotation of collector's passion. POWER TO THE SNIPE  :thumbsup:   :rolleyes:

link

Absolutely bob on mate.Why get in to a bidding war with 5 days to go.Instead just put your snipe on.Sit back and relax,sometimes you get a bargain.I certainly don't get carried away and get sucked into a war.

Pete

Social source share

I'm all for sniping. Keeps the bid honest and lets the chips fall where they may. I'm tired of these dick measuring contests with the bidding and records going way over what they should. Too many people living above their means because of this type of stuff, you know? You go in with a figure in your head and you win and you've spent way too much and next thing you know you're like 'what the hell just happened?".

You know what you're willing to pay for a record, so place your bids and lay the cards on the table. Win some...lose some.

KTF

Jas

Social source share

Dry your EYES Tubbs you moaning faced tight fisted F***er

you never got me a Pete Warner incase you had to fork out an extra $1 for postage you hungry C**T..

Ive just eaten a horse for lunch..

what the fuk do they think I am a Beastiality freak.

Feckin Kazakstanies..bloody animals...

Get me off this god forsaken continent now..

my dick is a shadow of its former self due to -23 c

and it was a shadow of its former self before that..

looks like a walnut whip in a nest of hair..wont come out for nothing.

Have to wee myself just to keep my legs warm..

I miss my own bed..and my mummy.

send me an email with whats going on you tosser.

luv the gasher

:rolleyes::yes::thumbsup::D:ohmy:

Edited by gash99
Social source share

[

Ive just eaten a horse for lunch..

what the fuk do they think I am a Beastiality freak.

Feckin Kazakstanies..bloody animals...

Get me off this god forsaken continent now..

my dick is a shadow of its former self due to -23 c

and it was a shadow of its former self before that..

looks like a walnut whip in a nest of hair..wont come out for nothing.

Never mind if you get hungry again you could always eat your hairy walnut whip :thumbsup::wicked:

f*** all happening here. Gan to watch the mighty gers hump the Dark blues the morn

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!